Draintain
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1833

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Tbh I'd rather see KFC than Ret/hunter lol. Rets allowed some of the worst healers in the world into higher brackets because of their retarded healing.

#42 Ravin

Ravin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Screw rets.  Shouldn't even be a viable spec beyond 1500.

#43 Orlglnated

Orlglnated
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Let me enlighten you all as to why Ret paladins suck.  Its MoP's fault.  Ret has ALWAYS been a high burst class with dumb self heals and off heals.  Now lets look at MoP.... A get up and go expansion where using all cd's and bursting people into oblivion is the only way to play, holy shit seems like a ret's expansion!  

Unfortunately MoP brought with it a ret playstyle for everyone, so to make it fair every class (that didn't have it) got insta 1 button swifty cooldowns, and ridiculous self heals.  Unfortunately ret already had these so we got no new toys and our burst was fine tuned to be on par with everyone else's.  Which doesn't work because you only bring ret's for the burst damage its our stereotype and its all we have, GIVING classes ret like cooldowns without buffing ret sustained damage took a burst class and made it a no sustained class with nothing to offer.  When we look at our heals we see the same thing, every class is given a heal; Ret's already have heals so they don't need it, and just like that our ABILITIES are made on par with everyone elses making the only 2 things ret was ever good at accessible to every other class ON TOP of having their old class abilities.

TL;DR Ret was always burst/off-heal class, MoP gave all dps heals and swifty 1-shot cd's making everyone basically Ret's without having the shit sustained dps drawback of rets, or being half as squishy as rets

TL;DR the TL;DR ret is worthless

#44 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostHankx, on 04 November 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Then what's the problem here?!

1-Blizz buffed the resil Up To 72%  and with lot's of buffs to other classes/specs  dmg <Tho some were already have high dmg!>Without buffing ret's dmg out of cd's so it was like a Nerf on overall Retri dm<LOL were they just buffed Sword Of Light Dmg back in 5.3 just to fix ret's low dmg?!> ..

2- The off heals as ret in arena with 3 Holy Powers it will heal you for 25k to 30k and with that's like less than Feral's / Enh's / Ele's Self Heals! .. On my team mates yeah i do more heals than others but "What About Meh!?" so i can't stand long there...

3- Global CD is really shit as ret "all rets just know that" ... TV share GcD when it's off , bubble share GcD "that's why lot's of ret die without bubbling, Sac share GcD that's why can't sac you real fast or i did sac'ed you but am dead no bubble there .. Well just try to get CS on cast as ret you will know life is so pink on your all binds

A buff that effected every class in the game and every burst spec in the game is suddenly the biggest nerf to rets ? lawl?

2. Your joking right?

3. Idk if u know this but alot of class's with similar ability like bubble have GCDs like Ice block and maybe you should be more aware on how you use your gcd that's the whole point of a gcd its not star craft skill isnt based off how high your apm is

#45 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostOrlglnated, on 05 November 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Let me enlighten you all as to why Ret paladins suck.  Its MoP's fault.  Ret has ALWAYS been a high burst class with dumb self heals and off heals.  Now lets look at MoP.... A get up and go expansion where using all cd's and bursting people into oblivion is the only way to play, holy shit seems like a ret's expansion!  

Unfortunately MoP brought with it a ret playstyle for everyone, so to make it fair every class (that didn't have it) got insta 1 button swifty cooldowns, and ridiculous self heals.  Unfortunately ret already had these so we got no new toys and our burst was fine tuned to be on par with everyone else's.  Which doesn't work because you only bring ret's for the burst damage its our stereotype and its all we have, GIVING classes ret like cooldowns without buffing ret sustained damage took a burst class and made it a no sustained class with nothing to offer.  When we look at our heals we see the same thing, every class is given a heal; Ret's already have heals so they don't need it, and just like that our ABILITIES are made on par with everyone elses making the only 2 things ret was ever good at accessible to every other class ON TOP of having their old class abilities.

TL;DR Ret was always burst/off-heal class, MoP gave all dps heals and swifty 1-shot cd's making everyone basically Ret's without having the shit sustained dps drawback of rets, or being half as squishy as rets

TL;DR the TL;DR ret is worthless
play a DK and get back at me most boring class to play you just sit in roots

poor pali don't have enuff utility thats what it is

#46 Doseisfresh

Doseisfresh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostSilhin, on 05 November 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

play a pally and get back at me most boring class to play you just sit in stuns

poor dk don't have enough trinkets thats what it is.
Posted Image

#47 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostDoseisfresh, on 05 November 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

play a pally and get back at me most boring class to play you just sit in stuns

poor dk don't have enough trinkets thats what it is.

Good thing i have all these trinkets to get out of stun's that way i can use all these utility buttons to help my team mates out in arena Ohhh Wait

#48 Doseisfresh

Doseisfresh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostSilhin, on 05 November 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Good thing i have all these trinkets to get out of stun's that way i can use all these utility buttons to help my team mates out in arena Ohhh Wait

Why would I need to help my teammates out?   I'm the only one ever targeted.  

But on a serious note, that's what ret's always been.   High utility, high burst, but easily trained.  Though other classes are only satisfied when Ret is low utility, low burst, and easily trained, yet warriors are the "red-headed stepchild."    

Face it, we live in a warriors world, both of us
Posted Image

#49 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostSilhin, on 05 November 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

A buff that effected every class in the game and every burst spec in the game is suddenly the biggest nerf to rets ? lawl?

2. Your joking right?

3. Idk if u know this but alot of class's with similar ability like bubble have GCDs like Ice block and maybe you should be more aware on how you use your gcd that's the whole point of a gcd its not star craft skill isnt based off how high your apm is

1- yeah it does effected every class in the game but when the effect is 1% on some and it's 30% on other that's not fair... Like hunters / warriors there dmg was real good still they effected them with this "and buffed some dmg they have" so where the effect went? in blizz ass?

2- no am not

3- when you have a shield as a mage ... will you got one shot like ret from 200k hp to 0hp.. no.

#50 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

View PostSilhin, on 05 November 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

Still tho you have good seats in the ladders 3s 5s ratings much better than ret .. so wut u call ret? how about you play it :)?

#51 Swankie

Swankie
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostDan├╝csmlan, on 04 November 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

EAT SHIT PALADINS!! HAHAHAHA
LOOK AT ME IMA WARRIOR IM FINE HAHAHAHA

+1 for making me lol

#52 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostHankx, on 05 November 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

Still tho you have good seats in the ladders 3s 5s ratings much better than ret .. so wut u call ret? how about you play it :)?
have u seen the ladder? there one high rated Dk and its mes i could use the same argument about best at his class play with best people there no sight of another dk till 2300  and another thing i play only frost cuz i hate hitting people with a spoon while my pets do all the work . Now you could just say hey play UH its better and i know it is but then we r just comparing the class as whole and in that argument i could just say Hey play Holy

Fyi there is no Frost Dk above 2100  Rets still Suck? your seat is better iam in the nose bleed section

Edited by Silhin, 05 November 2013 - 03:13 AM.

#53 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

View PostHankx, on 05 November 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

1- yeah it does effected every class in the game but when the effect is 1% on some and it's 30% on other that's not fair... Like hunters / warriors there dmg was real good still they effected them with this "and buffed some dmg they have" so where the effect went? in blizz ass?

2- no am not

3- when you have a shield as a mage ... will you got one shot like ret from 200k hp to 0hp.. no.
I can't even take this post srs

Edited by Silhin, 05 November 2013 - 03:16 AM.

#54 fresh_

fresh_
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1859
  • 3v3: 2096
  • RBG: 825

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostSilhin, on 05 November 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

have u seen the ladder? there one high rated Dk and its mes i could use the same argument about best at his class play with best people there no sight of another dk till 2300  and another thing i play only frost cuz i hate hitting people with a spoon while my pets do all the work . Now you could just say hey play UH its better and i know it is but then we r just comparing the class as whole and in that argument i could just say Hey play Holy

Fyi there is no Frost Dk above 2100  Rets still Suck? your seat is better iam in the nose bleed section

There has always been a lack of dks in the US, look at EU.

#55 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

View PostFreshGG, on 05 November 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

There has always been a lack of dks in the US, look at EU.
one questionable high rated frost dk and then nothing he probly only specced frost cuz he was bored

I was also gonna say i play on Us there for what does good in us probly counter dk considering there almost none at a high rating

its not wierd for something to do better on Eu than Us and vice versa if u seen the past ladder's differences

Edited by Silhin, 05 November 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#56 Voidbringer

Voidbringer
  • Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostSilhin, on 05 November 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

one questionable high rated frost dk and then nothing he probly only specced frost cuz he was bored

I was also gonna say i play on Us there for what does good in us probly counter dk considering there almost none at a high rating

its not wierd for something to do better on Eu than Us and vice versa if u seen the past ladder's differences

I agree with some of the points you raised (e.g. DK mobility or the fact that Frost is worse than a Retri).

However, there are two main problems with this approach:

1. If I want to play a DPS and a paladin I only have one choice. Playing a healer or a tank in PvP is a totally different thing, so for a DPS-oriented player Retri is not only a spec...it's like an entire class. If you screw up Retri, it doesn't matter that Holy or Prot (lol) will be good. For a DK having at least decent Unholy spec (one of the highest damage dealers, healer killers, multiple trinkets etc) and also complaining that Frost should be good - it's not the same thing. It's been said many times that Blizzard should focus on making one spec competitive for PvP. Otherwise you will end up with Arcane Mages and Combat rogues whining all the time although Frost and Sub are in a good spot.

2. Comparing DKs to Retris..it's apples and oranges. Also even if we assume that DK is bad, it doesn't change the situation for Retri, so we might as well stick to the topic. Apart from maybe agreeing that everyone is screwed against Warriors, apart from Mages with a brain lol

In addition to the above, if you consider that nobody cares about your utility as Ret when it's easily countered and you don't bring very high damage with it, you end up with the only logical conlusion: Retri, while having many tools and some potential in terms of its design, is mediocre at best in this game's current state.

TL;DR
There is none. Read you lazy bastards:P
"There is nothing so uncommon as common sense"

#57 Jojonephew

Jojonephew
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2269
  • Location?

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

stop bitching about frost dks and shit just go unholy and GG but rets cant move to a diff dps spec except prot jk lol !

#58 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostJojonephew, on 05 November 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

stop bitching about frost dks and shit just go unholy and GG but rets cant move to a diff dps spec except prot jk lol !

my nigaa ma niga
xD

#59 Jojonephew

Jojonephew
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2269
  • Location?

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

I am a nigga but under there ;p

#60 realgar

realgar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1572

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostDoseisfresh, on 05 November 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

Why would I need to help my teammates out?   I'm the only one ever targeted.

Yep.  Although I ran hpriest/ret/frostmage recently and we all got really excited when some teams decided to go on the mage =/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paladin, Balance, OP, Nerf, Ret, Pally, Underpower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<