• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1811
  • 3v3: 2000

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostJamesDean, on 02 December 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Not saying WLS is stronger than WM/x or lets just Call it WMD. But yes it does counter that specific setup, even does if you look at the paper.
But hey, according to you, everything counters warlocks in this game...you could actually be awarded as the most biased guy on aj of all time.
Could you elaborate on how exactly WLS counters WMD?
(In both your posts you claim it counters it, but show no evidence.)

#62 JamesDean

JamesDean
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostAlexqt, on 02 December 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Could you elaborate on how exactly WLS counters WMD?
(In both your posts you claim it counters it, but show no evidence.)
Show no evidence? What do you mean, you want me to record a video or show you my finger prints.
It counters it cause of obvious reasons. Because of two things, the shaman and gate. The WLS is immune to warr fears and the shaman have access to mobillity via gate to counter being trained in the insane opener from warr/mage which is why warr/mage is so strong atm. And obviously cause the Rshaman can lock down the mage completely if not being focused. Dunno why im even explaining, should be pretty fukin straight forward easy to see.

#63 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1319
  • 3v3: 1596
  • RBG: 384
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'm glad i started this thread to bitch about my shitty play and it has taken life now.

#64 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostJamesDean, on 02 December 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Not saying WLS is stronger than WM/x or lets just Call it WMD. But yes it does counter that specific setup, even does if you look at the paper.
But hey, according to you, everything counters warlocks in this game...you could actually be awarded as the most biased guy on aj of all time.

i'm telling you right now, as someone that's played both comps, warrior/warlock in no way counters mage/warrior.

tell me how on paper this is a thing.

lets just go over the check list.

mages take very little damage from warlocks, warriors take very little damage from warlocks.

mage/warrior can kill your warrior you or your healer in the opener very easily.

you can't kill any of them in the opener.

mage/warrior is 95% of the pvp ladder, warrior/warlock isn't all that common.

you'd think if warlock/warrior countered mage/warrior the ladder would be all warrior/warlock comps.

edit: you just said gateway is the reason the shaman can live vs wmd, i'm done here, as if gateway does anything to stop wmd from cleaving you down.

Edited by elorahnahimi, 02 December 2013 - 04:18 PM.

What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#65 JamesDean

JamesDean
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 02 December 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

i'm telling you right now, as someone that's played both comps, warrior/warlock in no way counters mage/warrior.

tell me how on paper this is a thing.

lets just go over the check list.

mages take very little damage from warlocks, warriors take very little damage from warlocks.

mage/warrior can kill your warrior you or your healer in the opener very easily.

you can't kill any of them in the opener.

mage/warrior is 95% of the pvp ladder, warrior/warlock isn't all that common.

you'd think if warlock/warrior countered mage/warrior the ladder would be all warrior/warlock comps.

edit: you just said gateway is the reason the shaman can live vs wmd, i'm done here, as if gateway does anything to stop wmd from cleaving you down.

I would love you to read my posts before replying.
I did not just say, mage/warr vs. Lock/warr, I corrected myself to WLS vs WMD...
Now try again...

#66 summlan

summlan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

Wasnt there a warlock in the winning team at blizzcon this year? And wasnt there alot of warlocks qualified to the tournament this year just like every year?

#67 JamesDean

JamesDean
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

View Postsummlan, on 02 December 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Wasnt there a warlock in the winning team at blizzcon this year? And wasnt there alot of warlocks qualified to the tournament this year just like every year?

shhh, dont tell...

#68 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

View Postjaimex, on 30 November 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

You have a ridiculous advance on Y axis maps, thanks to portal.
Not any more now that Blizz put stairs everywhere.  I jump down, mongo warrior chases me down, I port up and he intercepts me a stupid distance up the stairs and then around the corner.  I get turrets everytime it happens and want to start breaking things.

#69 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostUdderly, on 30 November 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Slug, I typically enjoy your posts but you're doing me a disservice by responding to a guy on my ignore list - stop making me read his awful drivel!  Please do yourself a favor and add Jaime to your ignore list like the rest of us.  :)  Have a great weekend bro.
He's on my ignore list, too (and there's only two others on it).

#70 Nekracy

Nekracy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostJamesDean, on 02 December 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

shhh, dont tell...

Jesus Christ I'm a member and I wish my right to post would be removed so long as yours and all the other members came with it. Reading through your posts in this thread I actually feel sick.

#71 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1470
  • 3v3: 2151
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostJamesDean, on 02 December 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Show no evidence? What do you mean, you want me to record a video or show you my finger prints.
It counters it cause of obvious reasons. Because of two things, the shaman and gate. The WLS is immune to warr fears and the shaman have access to mobillity via gate to counter being trained in the insane opener from warr/mage which is why warr/mage is so strong atm. And obviously cause the Rshaman can lock down the mage completely if not being focused. Dunno why im even explaining, should be pretty fukin straight forward easy to see.

I am going to assume that you're trolling because this logic is flawed as it gets. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're not completely stupid. If a shaman and gate were all that were needed to beat WMX then why are shaman/lock teams damn near nonexistent? The shaman can totally lock down the Mage that never casts once with all those free globals he has since WM damage is so low. If the warrior gets on him he can just use the 45s cd gateway and be completely safe until the Warrior immediately follows him with a leap charge. These sound like the comments of someone who as no idea what they're talking about. I think you think that if you sound mad or condescending in your posts it will make you seem like you know what you're talking about, but in all actuality you know nothing. Pretty funny actually.

#72 xliquidx

xliquidx
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostJamesDean, on 02 December 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

I would love you to read my posts before replying.
I did not just say, mage/warr vs. Lock/warr, I corrected myself to WLS vs WMD...
Now try again...

I have played numerous comps on my Rshaman, I usually play at 2100+ MMR this season, which is by far the most HEALING intensive and retarded season for rshamans, well so was last season, but this one is worst.

Either way, WMD>WLS ALWAYS.... I find it better to play with a good DESTRO lock, even then WMD will eat WLS. Affliction sucks ass, they have shit pressure and they can die instantly and so can the healer(rshaman), Mage damage is beyond retarded and with ice lances critting over 80k+, just shows you how much better a mage is compared to a Lock.

I don't know what comp you are playing but you're dead wrong comparing these two comps. The only other comp i can think of that can rival WMD is either RMP/RMD. WLS is not in the same league as the other two comps, it is at best tier 3 or tier 4. I have yet to try RLS.

#73 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

View Postxliquidx, on 02 December 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

with ice lances critting over 80k+, just shows you how much better a mage is compared to a Lock.
yup

Hakfu said:

My personal opinion about why PHD/ATC/Beastcleave are not being that succesful on Tournaments is that in many cases it relies on the enemy making an error...In a sense, that makes them the underdog...Hunter's have never really been that OP. People just have the image that hunters should be something to be stomped over

#74 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

View Postsummlan, on 02 December 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

playing lsd, from an arena tournament server when lsd was a god comp.

lsd did fine at blizzcon, but feel free to go check the ladders and see how it's doing on live.

i promise you warlocks are nothing compared to frost mages on ladder, they're viable but very very mediocre compared to the real classes that actually kill people.

literally nobody is going to agree with you that wls beats wmd or rmd on ladder, because it doesn't and never did.

wls was a good comp for a few weeks, it's not a t2/t3 comp at best.

Edited by elorahnahimi, 03 December 2013 - 01:24 AM.

What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#75 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 3v3: 2182
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

WLS is a joke now.

I am playing MW right now between 2200-2300MMR running Turbo, and any team with an affliction lock is free points. Renewing Mist and Zen Sphere are probably the two most pathetic HoTs in the game (boomkin rejuv out heals both of them with ease), and those two dots alone can out heal a full row of dark soul dots + haunt.

Affliction Lock pressure is a joke which is why you see more locks going destruction to faceroll gib someone with a lucky chaos bolt.

#76 Slidt

Slidt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

What to do against warrior/hunter/X as LSD? feel like LSD at my skill level is the most forgiving comp to run as affliction atm. The constant pressure that well seems constant and unavoidable paired with the everything instant design, i find very hard to deal with - getting locked down and i bend over.
Also RMD can be pretty tough but, at 2k where i play, more managable afterall. Still need good advice here on how to adapt.
Tanked 200 rating to war/hunt comp variants pretty much, playing lsd/lsd2/mls...

Any advice is most certainly very welcome.

#77 Zulusama

Zulusama
  • Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

Since i can't find acess to my old Account i will just leave this here.

Actually my Teammates and me playing LSD, we managed to reach 2170+-, but to be honest. Everything depends on what combo we have to play against in the arena.

The higher we get the less different combs we meet, actually i feel like 70% of the games we meet Warri+Resto+X (mage or hunter), some WMD and what ever.

Ofcourse you deal shit loads of dmg if you watch the Damagedone in the end, but thats only what the paper says. As Affliction everyone is shitting on your DMG. Warrior sticking on you, sometimes u can get a UA or Fear of if u dont get CS,Rupted, or Reflected. Not to mention Blood Horror can be reflected too and your shit Portal takes 2hours to cast.

Most of the times it gets interupted if my teammates are not able to root the warrior or else.

Affliction is a Punchingbag right now with "okay" dmg which is useless with all the healing done and literally no burst potential. (as a troll, bersekr, DS, maybe a trinket proc, haunt and death coil you can manage to bring a shaman to 50% before he is healing himself up to 100%)

I saw a tournament yesterday where Blutstacky managed to get quite far with a Warrior and Shaman, but i guess this is an exeption. (they got stomped later 2-0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<