• Curse Sites
Help

re rolling lock, any guides?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crunchwrapz

Crunchwrapz

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Are there any general guide on spreading dots, which curses to keep up, WHEN to spread dots and when to peel, soul shard and pet management, and etc?

Pretty new to lock so any advice would be appreciated.

#2 iScooz

iScooz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 2/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1854
  • 3v3: 2316
  • 5v5: 1342
  • RBG: 1779

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostRedcupz, on 01 November 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Are there any general guide on spreading dots, which curses to keep up, WHEN to spread dots and when to peel, soul shard and pet management, and etc?

Pretty new to lock so any advice would be appreciated.

Always try to open dots with soulburn, soulswap and spread. All 3 of them. Depending on ur main target for a kill refresh dots by casting them, they get double duration (easyer to do this becouse then you dont have to worry about refreshing DOT's since it's 2x duration if you 2x apply on current target afflicted with dots).

About curses, it's combo dependant, ur team combo and enemy one, you need simple game logic for this.

You NEVER peel before having all 3 dots up on atleast 2 targets, the reason for this is becouse you become useless. When 2 targets have FULL dots on them and u are required to peel then peel.

Dont use imps when facing hunters/hard cc teams since they will get cleaved and you will have to burn soulshard for nothing.
It is worth using Void vs Turbo cleaves, other then that if ur combo can nuke target down it is best to go coil + observer. Like i said it's combo dependant.

I am not multirank1 lock or anything, but these things i see all time on streams of high players. Tho, i am playing the same and i am happy about it.

Cheers,

Scooz Frostmane

#3 Crunchwrapz

Crunchwrapz

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostiScooz, on 01 November 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Cheers,

Scooz Frostmane

Thanks so much!

Is Demon Soul usually popped at the opener as well?

#4 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1898
  • 3v3: 1708
  • RBG: 192

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Positioning can be a bit tricky at times because against a lot of teams you want to try and be in between the opposing team's heals and their dps, but at the same time you don't wanna be vulnerable to swaps. So I would say to really just pay extra attention to where you're standing and when you can actually be aggressive in positioning.

Try to hold onto blood horror until after the war reflects, otherwise you'll get tagged with one and hate life. Sometimes it'll be one of your first globals.

As far as demon soul is concerned, it feels good to pop it in the opener, and so a lot of the times it is. I have also waited until after we get a trinket or two, though, and gotten kills that way too.

Man, I feel like i'm giving contradictory examples in each of these...

#5 Saltura

Saltura
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1618
  • 3v3: 1839
  • 5v5: 1783
  • RBG: 1860

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

Search for "MOP PvP 5.4: Affliction Warlock Pressure Master" on YouTube.

#6 iScooz

iScooz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 2/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1854
  • 3v3: 2316
  • 5v5: 1342
  • RBG: 1779

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostRedcupz, on 01 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Thanks so much!

Is Demon Soul usually popped at the opener as well?

Yes, dont know how i forgot that one to mention. 30% haste on opening dots is HUGE advantage.
So defo use it on opening. Should be like this:

DS>Soulburn>Soul swap> Soul swap 2nd target>re auto dot 1st target for double duration>soul swap to 2nd target (the dots you just re-applied to 1st target)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<