• Curse Sites
Help

Little help with keybindings and some questions.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Zijjel

Zijjel
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1097
  • RBG: 1699

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Hello friends!

I need a bit of help here plz in case some of you have the time.
My story as PvP rogue is new cause i start pvp in this season. I play rogue long time , about 3 years but only as pve. What i play now is normal bgs for practice and skill up my self and some rbgs when i have the opportunity. I dont play arenas for the reason that i dont feel my self skilled for this.

As spec i prefer sub and this not because i feel thats its the best one but because i thing that is more profesional spec for a rogue. I dont care so much to have a big damage on target but first of all i want to keep me live. Sub give me more def and control.

The big problem i have is that i am semi keybinding player and this the past 4 months. i still click in bars and this is so hard for me. I want so much to be full-keybinding player but i am so lost on this and tbh i dont know how to start. I dont know if some had that feeling before...

So... its one month now that i am reading websites to found a keybindigs for a sub rogue...and i cant. If any can post keybindings for a sub rogue plz help here :)

I know that youtube is full of rogue pvp videos and maybe i have saw them all. but if you thing that are some very good videos for new rogues with tips or anything that help me be better plz post them here.

And plz if you have any tips for a new rogue you are welcome!

Thank you so much!

In case you want to see my in armory: Zijjel eu-kazzak

#2 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1760
  • 3v3: 2095
  • RBG: 957

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

shift modifier (shift q. shift w, shift e, shift t, shift g, shift d, shift a, shift s, shift mwheel up, shift mwheel down)
fast keybindings kick vanish etc put on fast reachable keys ( i have pummel my r, reflect on h etc.)

#3 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

Transferring to keybinds after being a clicker for so long is hard but honestly its hard to get high rating without doing so.

Whenever i first made my keybinds i just used whatever felt comfortable and started to add/remove keybinds when needed. Nobody can tell you what keybinds you should use because it should be whatever feels best to you.

If you are running out of idea try using a ctrl/shift modifier for more options also if you are really invested in WoW and want to push some serious rating without having the space for all your binds maybe think about picking up a razor naga, the extra 15 buttons on the mouse can help out a lot when you're trying to learn

#4 BurncrawHD

BurncrawHD
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

First thing, I would not copy other one's Keybinds!
Do it yourself, important Spells on good reachable Keybinds for you.
I had the same damn problem! I was back in the end of WOTLK, where I started to learn and want to pvp different.
I trained it a bit, I did funny stuff, as writing me a list with important cooldowns.Then I closed my Eyes and tried to find each spell on a keybind.
Write down some scenarios and try to reproduce it ingame on targetdummys, like Shadowdance -> Garrote Dummy 1, Cheapshot Dummy 2.

Be creative!

#5 Richie311

Richie311

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

The main keys I press are: 1,2,3,4,5,6,q,w,e,r,f,c and then for each of those I have ctrl,alt,shift modifiers. Then I have my 3 extra buttons on my mouse(5 button mouse, 2 of them are left/right click) and then for each of those mouse buttons i have ctrl, shift modifiers. Then I use f1,f2,f3 for arena target blinds.

My keybinds are assigned to spells depending on how I use them, which is something you should figure out on your own through your own play style. For instance I have E bound to kick and shift-E bound to focus kick. I chose E as it was close to where my fingers rest so its easy to hit. I also do this for other toons too that have similar abilities(CS,pummel,mind freeze,etc.) This is just one example and there are many more but that gives you an idea into the thought process.
RICHMAN311 (1:34:09 AM): wat u doing
timbrice89 (1:34:21 AM): fucking this sheep
RICHMAN311 (1:34:36 AM): well thats my new sig for AJ forums
timbrice89 (1:34:48 AM): good

#6 Remade

Remade
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/1/1/2

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

I use WADS to move and then use the following:

1 2 3 4 5 6 Q E R T F G Z X C V B Mouse3 Mouse4 Mouse5 scrollup scrolldown

I then have a shift and control modifier for each of them, EG: Shift+1 Ctrl+1 etc etc

Generally I have the abilities I need to get fast on single buttons, alot of the time I will have a focus macro of the ability on a control version of the button EG: Shiv is on E, Focus Shiv is on Ctrl+E

I 100% agree that you shouldn't copy others peoples binds, but a list of buttons you can use will help.

EDIT: Mouse3 = the first mouse thumb button
          Mouse4 = the second mouse thumb button
          Mouse5 = the middle mouse button (scroll wheel pushed in)

Edited by Remade, 30 October 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#7 Zijjel

Zijjel
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Thank you all very much!!!

#8 Korrosiv

Korrosiv
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 192

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

i know the feeling i picked  up a "Razer naga" i definitely recommend it. it may take a while for you to get used to key bindings but all i can say is that you should just key bind all the moves you feel necessary and just force yourself to use them. you shouldn't use other peoples key binds but ill give you mine just for a general idea of what i use.  ( keep in mind i have a razer naga)

W,A,S,D to move,  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =,  then you can use all of those with shift/alt/Ctrl modifiers whichever ones you like, personally i use about shift/alt/Ctrl 1-6 or so definitely not all of them but just a general idea.  also have R, E, T, G, F, X, Z, shift-R. Ctrl-R, shift-T, shift-G, shift-X, Q, shift-Q, Shift- mouse wheel up,down, and click for setting arena focus i use shift wheel up for 1, click for 2 and down for 3
alt-1 for just focusing my current target (more for BG's and world PvP ect.) i know in my case its sort of extreme cause i have almost every action button key binded, but you get the idea just make key binds and force yourself to use them, then make adjustments to what you feel would e good and also after you make key binds and macros for focus and such go to the target dummies and test out your macros and keybindings as if you were actually fighting then go to BGs and stuff. hope you find your binds!.

#9 discoepfeand

discoepfeand
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

You can also "chord" modifiers.  So it's pretty easy for me, for instance, to use alt-shift-q and alt-shift-r and alt-shift-middle-mouse as keybinds.

#10 Doctor M

Doctor M
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1799
  • 3v3: 2462
  • 5v5: 2025
  • RBG: 1906

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

I use wasd for movement

and I use a 1 2 f 1 314 f 2r 1f f2 t2 t2gf sadf tw gw for some spells, pretty strong
also some modifiers like t24t1+s2 etc

View PostEsiwdeer, on 29 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

But look how fucking dumb it was like, a bot could Drain Mana just like a bot could play Hunter ATM.

#11 Novac

Novac
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/1/1/2/.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Firstly, a personal suggestion (probably won't feel right for everybody), is to unbind your W and S keys, and switch your A and D keys to strafe rather than turn, and then using your mouse to do the majority of your movement by holding down mouse buttons 1 and 2. This way you don't turn at a set speed, and you free up a couple of really nicely placed keybinds.

I don't know if it'll be any help to you, but the keys I have bound are:
F1,F2,F3,1,2,3,4,5,6,Q,W,E,R,T,S,F,G,\,Z,X,C,V, mousewheel up and down, and my side mouse buttons. Then I use most of my macros on Shift/Alt modifiers (eg. on my rogue, I have Shift-1 = Shadowstep Arena1, Shift-2 = Shadowstep Arena 2, Shift-3 = Shadowstep Arena 3)

And if you haven't already got it, you should use this macro for finding other stealthed players in BGs/Arena, it's really useful and most rogues are using it.

#showtooltip Sap
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast [stance:1/3, harm, nodead] Sap

Posted Image

#12 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

It might not help for your rogue, but it's good for casters:  I move with AWD, so I put stuff that I cast on Alt-a, control A, shift A, and same for W and D, since your fingers are already there.  The split seconds that it saves adds up over a single match.

Example for my lock:
A    strafe left
Alt A   drain life
Crtl A    malefic grasp
Shift A   Drain soul

#13 Perplex91

Perplex91
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1496
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Get the new Razer Naga 2014, it will help you with binds.
All those buttons are probably an overkill, but atleast you will have all the stuff you need on the most accessible/best binds.

#14 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostPerplex91, on 01 November 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Get the new Razer Naga 2014, it will help you with binds.
All those buttons are probably an overkill, but atleast you will have all the stuff you need on the most accessible/best binds.

Can you program alt, control, and shift into the the side buttons on the 2014?

#15 Danücsmlan

Danücsmlan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1332

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

use for all binds 1234567/qwertz/asdfghxcvb/
CRTL/SHIFT ..and GG cya

#16 Alecksis

Alecksis
  • Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostFizion, on 01 November 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Can you program alt, control, and shift into the the side buttons on the 2014?

Yes, it's a little bit of work, but you can create macros in the synapse software to bind to all of the side buttons.

For example, when I had the naga I made macros for Alt + 1 through Alt + =

#17 Zijjel

Zijjel
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

Well i am doing a start now and i can say its hard...so much craps i am doing in bgs atm hehe. But i have the feeling that in a sort of time i am gonna be more sure about my moves and i am gonna be a lot more faster in my reactions! As clicker i had all my plan in my mind, how do def and how to open or react but was not enough fast to click the spell.

I do very hard practice now. And i want to thank you all for your help!

I hope see my skill lvl up soon!!!!

Thanks again all one by one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<