Mana Issues On My Hpriest

Hpriest

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Oxel

Oxel
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

I play around the 2k Bracket in 2's and 5's and a little bit lower in 3's. I've noticed latley that I'm having mana issues in most of my games.

I'm not spamming flash heals and I'm mainly only using instants and proper cooldown usage when the enemy team pops cooldowns. I'm dispelling offensivley either to clean the kill target or main abilities that need to be dispelled like fearward or mage bubbles. I've noticed in 5's when its Hpriest vrs Hpriest teams that both of the Hpriests are oom and have to find a gap to Specteral Guise and Drink.

My main question, I'm specced into Haste right now. Would specing into Spirit with full Grevious gear be detremental?

Also, is specteral guise bugged while drinking? I feel like I can only get a real drink off if I specteral guise and wait the 6 seconds for combat to wear off. Im spamming drink and get like 3 sips then finally it lets me drink. I've also noticed that Lightwell puts me in combat also if it fires off.

In my opinion alot of Hpriests are getting mana starved too so I think I just need to set up drink phases with my team. Any other suggestions that I can do to help save my mana?

< Ajaxxson Tichondruis horde Undead Hpriest if you wanna armory

us battle net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Ajaxxson/simple

#2 Basklol

Basklol
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

spectral guise is bugged that it drops you from combat instantly, so every time you try to drink during the 6 second period the game makes you stand up

you will want to reforge into spirit and gem int, getting high spirit makes you able to sit inner fire vs melees

the reason why you're mana starving is most likely that you run mindbender over surge of light talent (from darkness comes light?), the proc chance of this is immense now and it can proc of every healing cast

o and run glyph of renew most of the time

#3 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

you shouldn't reforge full spirit but you shouldn't be reforging spirit to haste/mastery/crit whatever you are using.

Edited by Abolishedtms, 30 October 2013 - 04:27 AM.

#4 Toxile

Toxile

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

Holy priests have mana issues as a spec in general, having your only means of generating mana put into a unreliable pet and mana hymn giving you the equivalent of about 2 heals then dropping is not ideal. However channeling mana hymn or even getting a few ticks of it while having fiend up is really good regen and should be done wherever possible. But your not doing anything wrong rotation wise or anything priests just have bad regen it's as simple as it gets.

Edited by Toxile, 30 October 2013 - 04:32 AM.

#5 Emillo777

Emillo777
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 575

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Wish I knew how to drink in arena..my lightwell keeps telling me no

Damn u lightwell, let me drink!!,!,

But on a more serious note...as a holy priest in anything but 2's u will go oom eventually so try and end games before then :P

#6 Oxel

Oxel
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostEmillo777, on 30 October 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Wish I knew how to drink in arena..my lightwell keeps telling me no

Damn u lightwell, let me drink!!,!,

But on a more serious note...as a holy priest in anything but 2's u will go oom eventually so try and end games before then :P

I agree  Sometimes the games just cant be ended fast :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hpriest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<