warrior bladestorm pvp arena WLS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Madmarv7

Madmarv7
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hello there,
I'm a veterran wow warrior who's main interest was basically PvP. By veterran I mean playing since TBC. Doing few breaks here and there ..

my main interest was spontanic pvp as possible, like world pvp and normal bgs, arenas however, felt more like a homework to me, more like e-sports, so I never really got interested!

But now I wanna try it and my aim is only 2.2k in 3v3 (I played before as TSG and went up to 1980 but then bladestorm got nerfed - the disarm during bladestorm patch - right on the next week when we were planning on passing the 2k ...

Anyways, sorry for the long introduction.
Few questions:

1) I see you all neglegting dragon roar and picking bladestorm or shockwave instead, why is that? dragon roar can do instantly as much dmg as bladestorm in 6 seconds, whats so special about bladestorm? and also when I pop cds, I rather much spam slam/HS instead of bladestorming!

2) I'm aiming on running 3v3s as WLS, whats my main roll in this comp? is there any written guides about it? if by chance do you know whats the main rolls of the lock and shammy?

3) sometimes I feel the interface isnt that comfortable to me (i'm using the basic blizzard interface) and sometimes its hard for me to SEE whats actually happening with all the buffs/procs or pets/snakes around, sometimes I lose sight of my target for seconds before I can realocate it. Any tips maybe regarding this problem? maybe do u know any addons I can use that is essential for arena?

Thank you!!

#2 banjokazooie

banjokazooie
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

One of the main things is you cant be cced in it and you can now use it as a trinket. The damage is great now iv seen 1 swing from it crit up to 45k.

#3 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

1) Dragons Roar is shit compared to the other 2. Shockwave can be used to either peel almost an entire team, based on their positioning, or to land a killing blow by denying 1 or more enemies their defensive cds/heals. Bladestorm does retarded damage, can't be disarmed anymore, saves you from being CCed during kill windows, and acts like a trinket

2) Basically both you and the lock just spam unhealable damage into everyone. Lock spam fears the healer and the offtarget, depending on DR. A good idea is to get the healer-trinket first, and then simply dark soul-dot him too. Warrior switches around and keeps casters from playing the game.

3) Don't target with clicks or tabs, but with /target arena1-3 macros, same goes for focus. Default UI has all you need for pvp
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#4 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostMadmarv7, on 28 October 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

3) sometimes I feel the interface isnt that comfortable to me (i'm using the basic blizzard interface) and sometimes its hard for me to SEE whats actually happening with all the buffs/procs or pets/snakes around, sometimes I lose sight of my target for seconds before I can realocate it. Any tips maybe regarding this problem? maybe do u know any addons I can use that is essential for arena?

If you'r having trouble with the basic interface you should try some addons like tidyplates, gladius and gladiatorlossa until you improve your game awareness...

Also keybinds to target arena 1-3 and focus arena 1-3 are very helpful, you don't even need macros for that anymore you just need to set the keybinds.

#5 Madmarv7

Madmarv7
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thank you all for the valubale comments, keep them coming :) especially the ones regarding WLS

#6 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostMadmarv7, on 28 October 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Thank you all for the valubale comments, keep them coming :) especially the ones regarding WLS

Also if you'r really focusing on playing WLS you should give Bladestorm + Bloodbath a try and check some Warrior WLS streams like Veev's or so (not sure if he's still playing WLS)...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warrior, bladestorm, pvp, arena, WLS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<