• Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

Hey ladies,

was thinking of something today. I know the sheer concept of double healer comps is queer as fuck, but has anyone actually thought of running Boringcleave competitively? Talking about UnhDK/MWMonk/Disc or Holy Priest specifically.
Imo the comp nicely counters the weaknesses the 3 classes have on their own or in other comps:

- Monks are vulnerable to CC. Here, we not only have a 2nd dispeller able to reliably get us out of most crowd control spells, while also (if Holy for Chastice) having another tool to stop Priests sprinting for fears for example, or to stop follow-up CC.
- Monks have problems topping low hp players after coming out of CC. Not only would we have another healer for the DURATION of the control, but also, with shield/pom, a strong way to catch up again.
- Monks usually have to overextend, or wait for enemy mistakes, to land good leg sweeps on the enemy healer. Not even gonna start with double or triple stuns. DKs, with their double grip, would enable the monk to only slightly alter his positioning to score AT LEAST a double leg sweep when their healer is getting gripped in. This opens up a lot of possibilities for switching and forcing CDs.

- DKs can tap their full damage potential with 2 dispellers, a freedom and 2 healers in their back, massively reducing the time they have to sit in blood presence, and not having to waste high amounts of RP on conversion.

- While it usually should not be a problem to land fears as a Priest with feathers and guise, grip can once more reduce the length of the way you have to run back into safe los positioning.

------

The only problems I really see are the lack of reliable peels, but the comp has 2 healers with high instant cast burst heal potential, so unless you get cross CCed, people should be able to tank a lot. Also, the lack of viable PvE gear due to the downscaling COULD (!) result in problems with landing kills, although the grip -> triple stun/fears should solve that, especially since the healers are often free to provide supporting DpS.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds viable to me, so let me know what you think about it and sorry for the long post.
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#2 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostOMGitsSart, on 25 October 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Hey ladies,

was thinking of something today. I know the sheer concept of double healer comps is queer as fuck, but has anyone actually thought of running Boringcleave competitively? Talking about UnhDK/MWMonk/Disc or Holy Priest specifically.
Imo the comp nicely counters the weaknesses the 3 classes have on their own or in other comps:

- Monks are vulnerable to CC. Here, we not only have a 2nd dispeller able to reliably get us out of most crowd control spells, while also (if Holy for Chastice) having another tool to stop Priests sprinting for fears for example, or to stop follow-up CC.
- Monks have problems topping low hp players after coming out of CC. Not only would we have another healer for the DURATION of the control, but also, with shield/pom, a strong way to catch up again.
- Monks usually have to overextend, or wait for enemy mistakes, to land good leg sweeps on the enemy healer. Not even gonna start with double or triple stuns. DKs, with their double grip, would enable the monk to only slightly alter his positioning to score AT LEAST a double leg sweep when their healer is getting gripped in. This opens up a lot of possibilities for switching and forcing CDs.

- DKs can tap their full damage potential with 2 dispellers, a freedom and 2 healers in their back, massively reducing the time they have to sit in blood presence, and not having to waste high amounts of RP on conversion.

- While it usually should not be a problem to land fears as a Priest with feathers and guise, grip can once more reduce the length of the way you have to run back into safe los positioning.

------

The only problems I really see are the lack of reliable peels, but the comp has 2 healers with high instant cast burst heal potential, so unless you get cross CCed, people should be able to tank a lot. Also, the lack of viable PvE gear due to the downscaling COULD (!) result in problems with landing kills, although the grip -> triple stun/fears should solve that, especially since the healers are often free to provide supporting DpS.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds viable to me, so let me know what you think about it and sorry for the long post.

maybe if u play super gay until dampening but otherwise i dont see one dk soloing anything vs a good team with the amount of defensives / peels that exist

#3 Enimos

Enimos
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2497
  • 3v3: 2907
  • 5v5: 2508
  • RBG: 1907

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

It's a viable comp and has endless cc if played correctly. Played it at the start of this season and went like 16-1 with it but that was pre-pom nerf so dunno how it would look now, I think it's still a really good comp.

The games aren't even that long as you would think, but now with the new debuff after 10min mark you pretty much won the game already

#4 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

I actually wasn't even having the debuff in mind when posting this :P Indeed, you can also turtle until it comes up, but let's be serious, the people doing this would be shit players anyways that couldn't get high with that tactic either

#5 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

maybe I should try this some time, got no partners for my DK anyway so might as well

btw, what freedom are you talking bout? tiger's lust only breaks roots sadly, not a freedom effect tht's attached to it, you can immediatly reslow =(

Edited by Darthgnoe, 26 October 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#6 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

yeah this comp is sick if played right
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#7 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

View PostDarthgnoe, on 26 October 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

maybe I should try this some time, got no partners for my DK anyway so might as well

btw, what freedom are you talking bout? tiger's lust only breaks roots sadly, not a freedom effect tht's attached to it, you can immediatly reslow =(

Was indeed talking about tigers lust, the expression was misleading, sorry ^^

Idk, if you want to play a few games, pm me your battletag, I'm looking for partners anyways, and have always preferred DK mates on my characters for some reason :P

#8 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Sure, I know a good s1-5 glad priest that I do 2's with on my monk, dunno how he'll feel bout this comp though haha, only thing I'm worried bout is roots, considering dispel has a cd now and you'll mostly use it to get each other out of cc. That and Mage warr x being so dumb they prob don't give a fuck how many healers there are. I'll send you a pm later I'm going out to help my m8 atm.

#9 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Np, just let me know later. And yeah, sitting Roots and Warr/Mage teams will be annoying, but I guess that's a general problem for DKs/the game right now

#10 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

this comp can literally keep a healer in cc 24/7 just tunnel a dps
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#11 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostZaephyr, on 27 October 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

this comp can literally keep a healer in cc 24/7 just tunnel a dps

I can guess. Not only that though, the grips into leg sweeps can also be great for swaps on healers if trinkets/cds are down

#12 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

Since Dathgnoe only has alliance DKs, I'm actually looking for people to play this. For information about me: http://www.arenajunk...s/#entry3969058

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monk, Priest, Dk, 3v3, 3s, Boringcleave, Dbl, Double, Healer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<