• Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2460
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'm curious how top players rank dk 3s comps this season esp for DKs looking to break 2.2k and maybe even push glad (i understand that's tricky right now with so few DKs in top 1000).  I have played a few comps above 2k this season (scleave tsg phdk). I'll take a first stab at the rankings:

T1:
Scleave (sham or rdruid)

T2:
PHDK
Scleave (hpal)
TSG (Rsham)

T3:
TSG (Hpal)
Dk-ele
Dk-mage
Dk-boomkin
Double healer DK

Not viable:
Smokebomb
Unholyplay
Vanguards

#2 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 23 October 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I'm curious how top players rank dk 3s comps this season esp for DKs looking to break 2.2k and maybe even push glad (i understand that's tricky right now with so few DKs in top 1000).  I have played a few comps above 2k this season (scleave tsg phdk). I'll take a first stab at the rankings:

T1:
Scleave (sham or rdruid)

T2:
PHDK
Scleave (hpal)
TSG (rsham)

T3:
TSG (hpal)
Dk-ele
Dk-mage
Dk-boomkin
Double healer DK

Bad:
Smokebomb
Unholyplay
Vanguards

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

#3 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

View Postjaimex, on 23 October 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

u know what i meant.  anyways fixed it

#4 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

no i mean.. why are these not godtier lol

#5 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postjaimex, on 23 October 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

no i mean.. why are these not godtier lol

I didnt put TSG as T1 because I thought WLS, KFC, and Warr-Mage were a tier superior.  Maybe I'm wrong?  :P

#6 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

By a long shot :P

#7 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

As mentioned scleave is definitely capable of top ratings.  
You can even run the destro variant to get through a difficult ladder layer.  
If you browse the korean ladder there are TONS of DKs on the upper half of the frontpage.  
Its perhaps a slightly more developed metagame over there.

Edited by Voksen, 24 October 2013 - 01:42 AM.

#8 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostVoksen, on 24 October 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

If you browse the korean ladder there are TONS of DKs on the upper half of the frontpage.  
Its perhaps a slightly more developed metagame over there.

What are those guys doing?  It seems like DK is a moot class in USA.  Had my healer tell me tonight that hes done playing 3s with DKs this season because they bring nothing to the table.

#9 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 24 October 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

What are those guys doing?  It seems like DK is a moot class in USA.  Had my healer tell me tonight that hes done playing 3s with DKs this season because they bring nothing to the table.

Its a legit question.  But if you check the ladder over there, or better yet play on ladder over there (thank you friends teaching english), you'll see its a different world.  Again it probably has something to do with achieving perfection at a class instead of multi-comping eight different lvl 90s.  There also seems to be a general trend with US lacking innovation or willingness to prevail through creativity rather than fotm/cookiecut yolo.

It could just be that DKs over there are rising up the ranks as a kind of scissors to a paper ladder, whereas here on Tich (is there even any other realm lol? cy@ diversity)...things are in a state of rock or something.  Basically any classes popularity rises and falls with the evolving ladder makeup.

Edited by Voksen, 24 October 2013 - 05:17 AM.

#10 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 23 October 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

T1:
Scleave (sham or rdruid)

ew yuck I would definitely take rdruid scleave out of T1 and drop it way down.  rdruid + warlock with anything other than a mage or maybe ele is pretty garbage if you ask me

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 24 October 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Had my healer tell me tonight that hes done playing 3s with DKs this season because they bring nothing to the table.

Yeah...I want to say the same thing to my DK friends -_-

View PostVoksen, on 24 October 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Its a legit question.  But if you check the ladder over there, or better yet play on ladder over there (thank you friends teaching english), you'll see its a different world.

So you're implying you're playing over there or am I misunderstanding?  If you're playing there...what's the deal with their ladder?  The ratings are a lot lower than US/EU?  Did their season start later?  What comps are DKs playing?

After looking at EU ladder it looks like they have a decent number of DKs on page 1 of 3v3 also.  I guess it could just be that no good DKs are playing on US right now.

#11 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

So you're implying you're playing over there or am I misunderstanding?  If you're playing there...what's the deal with their ladder?  The ratings are a lot lower than US/EU?  Did their season start later?  What comps are DKs playing?

After looking at EU ladder it looks like they have a decent number of DKs on page 1 of 3v3 also.  I guess it could just be that no good DKs are playing on US right now.

I have access to a KR account but not EU.  I haven't punched a whole lot of time grinding ladders personally...but subjectivity aside, the numbers and deductions from the ladder rankings emphasize lots more development/activity.  And of course with that you see a lot more DKs and DK comps on EU/KR/TW.  The main comps seem to be scleave variants or warr/DK/rdruid variants.

For some reason DKs aren't spammed on the US ladder -- but I'm sure there will be a lot more coming out of the woodwork.  Its just that right now the US ladder is all about instant gratification -- shitters rolling the obvious fotms whereas in EU/KR/TW they've probably put a bit more thought and grandmastery into one spec/class (less likely to reroll I guess?).

And as for ladders/metagames --- its a lot like predator-prey dynamics.  As the number of scissors comps go up, slowly the papers go down, and lagging behind you see an emergence of rock (each slightly out of phase with the other).  Cyclically, the scissors starts to go down as rock becomes king and finally paper emerges back again....

I hope that makes sense.
tl;dr:  warr/dk/rdruid and warr/lock/healer seem to be what i'd call 'tier 1.5' -- quite viable and nothing to really qq about asside from not being completely tier1.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dk, 3v3, arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<