Warlock Vs KFC

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Danyella

Danyella
  • Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hi all,

My first post on this forum as I'm struggling vs KFC (around 1950 atm).  I play WLS (I'm the lock) but find that either myself or my pet gets trained and I find it hard to recover after their opener.

I'm running:
1. Dark Regen
2. Shadowfury
3. Blood horror
4. Soul link

I'm finding that the game goes something like this:

1. Game starts, I try and make a gate
2. Warrior generally stops the opposing warrior from getting to me, but a lot of the time, the warrior is trinketing the stun...
3. They open, my health drops to 50% (or less) in a stun or 2 (still been unable to cast anything)
4. I start putting dots up, but being slowed and stunned a lot really stops my pressure
5. Shammy gets a CC, scatter, trap (even if it's 1 or 2 seconds)
6. Cool downs have to be used at the opener to stay alive
6. After my cooldowns, they seem to get my shammy in a CC
7. I die

They can also train my pet and that ends up in the same result

I'm not the best player (by far) but I wanted to know what you guys were doing to stay alive against this comp? Most other comps im fine with, but KFC is really a pain. WLS is a good comp and I should be playing better to keep up, i.e. kiting better perhaps or able to match their pressure...

Any help or advise is really welcome, or if you have any examples, tips?

Thanks,

#2 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

There's really no excuse for not getting a gateway off. Cast it the moment the gates open, and replace it later if you get the chance. If you already have a gateway up, some teams will even back off and give you time to place a better gateway.
<Memorable quote>

#3 Danyella

Danyella
  • Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

thanks for the reply.  Is this  the only way to succeed? I assume my positioning is what i'm failing on (with my port perhaps).

How do you apply pressure at the start when being trained by these guys? I mean, after the initial stuns

#4 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

I was watching Snutz play against a KFC on Tol'whatever Arena and he made a gateway from the pillar in front of the starting zone to the stairs at the bottom of the platform, and then made a portal at the top of the platform. Seemed pretty nice, warrior couldn't get to him right away, and he was always in LOS of his healer.

He would drag the warrior to the gateway near the platform, gate back to the pillar, and then port back on top of the ramp once the warrior used his gap closers.

Anyway, I know it doesn't help you for every map, but you shouldn't have any problems there anymore.

#5 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Also, just using the "kite > port" method works really nice. Kite away from your pillar and your shaman, and when things get iffy, port back behind the pillar letting your shaman know so he can be set in LoS waiting for you. You should be pushing the hunters shit in, and honestly that first port might be a good time to pop offensive CDs yourself, along with the warrior because you might be able to force the hunter back, preventing more CC on your Shaman.

Get your shaman to try and hex the warrior (Easier said than done I know...) if he tries to follow in. I always drop a capacitor after my warlock ports to me and sometimes I get a cap > hex.

But yeah, if positioning is what you need to work on, just work on it. You should never be in a position where you port into LOS of anything. You need to kite out so that you are not in LOS once you do port.

#6 sephirroth

sephirroth
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1615
  • 3v3: 1800
  • RBG: 576

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

As soon as the gates open in order to get a lot of pressure against this comp dark souling and soulburn soulswaping dots onto a target then onto the other 2 is a good way to get so me pressure rolling. Generally i think KFC is a pretty hard comp for WLS (out of the few). If your going to be dark souling in the first few seconds of the fight, as most warlocks generally do, then i dark soul as soon as the gates open and use the extra haste to make sure i get a gate down. Honestly it feels like it casts so much quicker and some teams see how fast its casting and dont even bother trying to interrupt.

once you got your gate down the kiting to port method is a great way whilst making sure your spreading the aids everywhere you can (hunter pet included)

Im not a great player and i dont claim to be but from watching chanimals / snutz etc these seem to be the general methods and tricks you can use to make sure you get that gateway down and make the fight a lot easier.

#7 alphadwg

alphadwg
  • Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Just spec demo and collect the autowin

#8 Zeralis

Zeralis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1550
  • 3v3: 2230
  • 5v5: 2296
  • RBG: 2050
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

View Postalphadwg, on 22 October 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

then you face another comp, and you lose :3

#9 Danyella

Danyella
  • Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for all the comments.

Perhaps this is how I should be playing:

1) setup gate from the start
Warrior will of course charge and try to get on me
Generally at 1900 MMR, the Warriors are using leap and charge to get on me, so I use the gate right there and then
2) put down the port where I gate, or out of LoS
Start putting pressure on the team, i.e. Demon Soul dots etc

This should at least stop their opener

From there It should be all about setup and communication (Standard stuff).

I feel pretty useless against warriors anyway (as they can even Spell reflect blood horror) but from my side, I need to obviously play better against them.

Against KFC, I feel like they connect to me, sit on me all game and I die (unless the warrior is poor).

This week our warrior is getting the Grevious weapon so perhaps this will help us.

Thanks all,

#10 Blameshift

Blameshift
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection 2/0/0/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2263
  • RBG: 1881

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

i'm leave dis here again http://www.twitch.tv...ucted/c/3121371

#11 alphadwg

alphadwg
  • Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postalphadwg, on 22 October 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

Demo dominates warriors and dks so strongly and warriors and dks are so ubiquitous that it is worth it to just go demo imo.   It's not like demo is terrible against other comps.

#12 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Another thing I don't see anyone mentioning is soulburning a portal, the speed boost that ignores snares is great for getting out of range/los.

Since 5.4 we have plenty of shards to spare anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

#13 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostMegorix, on 22 October 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

I was watching Snutz play against a KFC on Tol'whatever Arena and he made a gateway from the pillar in front of the starting zone to the stairs at the bottom of the platform, and then made a portal at the top of the platform. Seemed pretty nice, warrior couldn't get to him right away, and he was always in LOS of his healer.

He would drag the warrior to the gateway near the platform, gate back to the pillar, and then port back on top of the ramp once the warrior used his gap closers.

Anyway, I know it doesn't help you for every map, but you shouldn't have any problems there anymore.

That is exactly what i do.

Also when I port and i see a warrior eyeing me up, I usually put up blood horror and spam fel flame to eat the reflect.  The trick once you gate and then port is to kill time until another port is up.  You can get enough range/speed by soulburning a port and running to the FAR (opponent's) pillar.  There you can reposition gate or max range till port is back up (you should have about 15 sec to kill).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<