Why would it be such a crime to have another viable rogue spec for arena?

mut mutilate assassination rogue spec viability

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Akriosdisciple

Akriosdisciple
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1409
  • 3v3: 1242
  • LocationEast coast USA

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

Blizzard seems hell bent on keeping sub competitive enough for arenas by boosting damage on Sang, eviscerate and ofc sub always has dance which means lots of control and burst on a short CD.

It has been some time, over 2 years since we have seen another spec have any relevance in serious pvp.

In wrath mutilate was a strong contender and in tbc Combat was very effective alongside hemo builds.

I think all 3 specs should be viable or at least have 2 optimal choices like most classes do.

Warriors are in the same boat its arms or bust for pvp.

I dont think it would take much to make combat or mutilate viable again for arenas.

Being a mutilate lover id love to see this spec shine again, its doing alot better having prep back and access to mobility but the damage just got nerfed by 5 percent and Vendetta is a terrible cooldown.

Its removed by Bubble and iceblock and cant be redirected and has no use other than a damage increase with a somewhat long CD of 2 minutes.

I say lower the CD and put it on the rogue not on target and Id like some old things like cold blood back please.

Would it be so bad if for once another spec was any good? Sub had all of cataclysm and so far all of this xpac too what gives.

Love mutilate always have but without a doubt its garbage compared to sub still.

#2 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Mutilate is definitely viable.

#3 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

PvE is more important. Sorry.

#4 Akriosdisciple

Akriosdisciple
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • LocationEast coast USA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Mutilates viable? Id like to think so but 90 percent of rogues are sub still all the rogues US that are above 2k rating are sub and that makes perfect sense sub just got buffed again while mutilate damage got a 5 percent nerf off assassins resolve and Mutilate is good but its like  a feral druid with no healing and a 2 min clone someone said and I agree with that.

#5 Hateformz

Hateformz

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

no one cares
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1056
  • 3v3: 2264
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

View Postzenton, on 23 October 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Mutilate is definitely viable.
no

#7 Akriosdisciple

Akriosdisciple
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • LocationEast coast USA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

so many people want to play Fury again or mut again, combat again any spec that started off fine since the games launch and has been left in the dust.

#8 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Mutilate just isn't fun to play, even if it was good spec in pvp (and in this expansion that means that it has to do retarded damage), it still just wouldn't be as fun as sub, at least for me. I mean the spec feels like if you are warrior or something. Energy regen is crap if you have no up time(rupture/garrote fade during CC), combo point generation is just so shit that it isn't even designed for pvp environment(you get 2 mutilates = 4 combo points and in order to get 5th you have to mutilate again if you didnt get proc to stab...). That spec was fun when you could go mutilate/prep and stopped being fun spec in cata. Combat was forever shit :)

#9 bronsolino

bronsolino
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/2/0/2

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

never understood the appeal of mutilate, it's one of the most braindead spec in the game

#10 Spamdotz

Spamdotz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

While we're at it, let's make Fury viable for PvP. All CDs popped, Bloodbath Bladestorm with full season 14 gear, double dancing steel proc, trinkets popped. I'm sure the crying for more PvP viable specs would vanish... see what I did there?

#11 Akriosdisciple

Akriosdisciple
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • LocationEast coast USA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

I would love to see fury warriors in pvp this game had some variety and its been gone for some time now. every class has 1 spec thats Optimal or op for pvp and the other specs are just for pve why? In wrath you do sub or a mutilate hybrid build. In tbc there were hemo builds and combat. Other classes still enjoy having more than 1 spec to play.

Just because a few people on this forum call mut boring and brain dead so who cares doesnt speak for everyone.

to fix mut they would just have to make vendetta more useful for pvp. Right now it cant be redirected, its stuck on one specifc target and its boring doing nothing but increasing your damage. Maybe it should increase damage by 20 percent with a shorter cooldown 1.5 minutes and be redirectable or just be on the rogue and switch targets with you which just might mean changing the name, animation of the ability.

Its unerring vision and far range dont add much value to it. Maybe it could also refresh your dots on the target and make them temporarily cannot be dispelled?

With the removal of overkill, cold blood, deadened nerves and other passive talents mutilate once had even in cataclysm the spec continues to suffer but we did gain a secondary execute type and proc attack dispatch that can hit very hard.

If your stuck at 4 combo points fill in the 5th with a shuriken toss throw even in close range which is cheap 40 e, or you can use anticipation so the points dont go to waste with another mutilate.

See mutilate use to have a talent so points didnt go to waste so much but yep thats gone too.

Whats keeping other specs off the table is blizzard. They care nothing for pvp. As long as each class has 1 spec to play thats effective thats fine with them because it would be too hard to balance all the specs and they keep introducing new classes which is only making it harder.

Death knights and monks, whats next? They wont stop they will add another class in the next xpac or the one after that and i bet new races too.

#12 Doctor M

Doctor M
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 2087
  • 3v3: 2535
  • 5v5: 2218
  • RBG: 2308

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I really liked Cold Blood, and the old Envenom which used to do huge numbers of damage.
And vendetta has to be by far, the most boring damage cooldown in the game.

Also, maybe its bad but, when i'm stuck at 4 cp's i use expose armor to get that last point.

View PostEsiwdeer, on 29 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

But look how fucking dumb it was like, a bot could Drain Mana just like a bot could play Hunter ATM.

#13 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

RIP cold blood forever missed

#14 Dragomir

Dragomir
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

I've been pvping as mut for bloody coins on Timeless Isle and in 2's.  Obviously, nothing serious, but it works out in 2's, at least.  Paralytic poison as mut spec gives a lot of control.

#15 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostDragomir, on 05 November 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

I've been pvping as mut for bloody coins on Timeless Isle and in 2's.  Obviously, nothing serious, but it works out in 2's, at least.  Paralytic poison as mut spec gives a lot of control.

It's not easy blowing every cooldown to "control" a target that's AFK on timeless isle or fail to surpass 1750 in 2s. Great example.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#16 Vhyro

Vhyro
  • Vhyro
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • LocationOntario

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

All 3 specs are viable in PvP.

You're all trash.
*Temp*

-- Warlock -- Monk --

#17 Dragomir

Dragomir
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostBailamosx, on 05 November 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

It's not easy blowing every cooldown to "control" a target that's AFK on timeless isle or fail to surpass 1750 in 2s. Great example.

Big words from 2x glad buyer Bailamos, especially after all the times you've ran away from me on Timeless Isle!  :duckers:   Maybe one day you'll learn to play this game for yourself, for fun (IE not participating in arena, beyond points cap), like I do.  Pointing out ratings in a section of the game I'm apathetic to seems irrelevant.

By the way, since you care so much, nice 1793 2v2 arena Rating.  Have you ever even been above 2.2k in arena without buying it?

#18 Vhyro

Vhyro
  • Vhyro
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • LocationOntario

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:38 AM

View PostBailamosx, on 05 November 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

you realize you're complete shit at the game and everyone knows it?
*Temp*

-- Warlock -- Monk --

#19 Frostwor

Frostwor
  • Members
  • LocationSilvermoon

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostDragomir, on 06 November 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

By the way, since you care so much, nice 1793 2v2 arena Rating.  Have you ever even been above 2.2k in arena without buying it?

Yes, he ddosed it once, also lost from Swifty in RBG :( #flame more.

#20 Omfgorzzz74

Omfgorzzz74
  • Members
  • LocationAlton, IL

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:59 AM

View PostVhyro, on 05 November 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

All 3 specs are viable in PvP.

You're all trash.
This right here. It's not the spec it's the person behind the keyboard. In all honesty I hate sub spec. Been playing mut ever since I made my rogue and still having a blast. Damage is fine too from what I've seen. I have seen each spec that rogues have to offer smash people and also lost horribly. It's all the players doing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mut, mutilate, assassination, rogue, spec, viability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<