• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2211
  • 3v3: 2505

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hey, I'm a 2.2k exp disc on tich and I've gotten 2k this season, but I cannot for the life of me heal through wls or most warlock shit tbh.  Am I expected to, or should my dps have to avoid a fair share of that dmg (darksoul =/= fun).

Don't tell me to go holy. Any constructive responses welcome. Yes it's my fault, here's how I should be healing, no it's not my fault, here's how we should use defensives and kite away, etc. Something helpful. I can hold my own against gladiator and rank one teams then lose to 1800 wls very next match. It's silly. Thanks in advance.
Youtube:  Youtube.com/LytningPvP
Live Stream:  Twitch.tv/LytningPvP
Twitter:  Twitter.com/LytningPvP

Posted Image

#2 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Yes I know I spelt priest wrong in title. Hipster preist here.

Posted Image

#3 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

You keep renew and shield on 3 people on cooldown with penance -> 3xgrace + pom + reshield on warrior's  target, cascade on cooldown.
WLS encounters go like this: first lock 2x demon soul + warrior reckstorm, you and every member of your team use every single defensive cooldown, you sometimes make it , sometimes you don't.  If you make it, at this point you either are dead oom and you lose after they pop their second set of cooldowns, or warrior chains crits before that and you can't overcome it due to healing / dps ratio.

Just to give you an idea; you are trying to heal reck + bloodstorm + dark soul dots with the following disc priest healing:
Posted Image
This is with 3 stacks of grace + Inner Fire + Inner focus, with MS applied. A.k.a best possible healing you can do.

So bottom line, you can't do much better as disc priest, you are just in a nascar race with a bicycle wondering what you can do to win.

Edited by Djandawg, 22 October 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#4 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

I appreciate the detailed and depressing overview.

I haven't thought to use cascade. Good enough idea. I suppose it is an uphill battle seeing as warlocks are op, warriors are op, and disc healing is abysmal. :(  I wish I didn't completely hate holy.

Posted Image

#5 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

I think you have to play holy, even when you play rmp, which happens to be the best comp for us , holy has an healing edge.

#6 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

I hate it too much. I'm competitive and I enjoy doing well in arena, but I just wouldn't have any fun playing this game as holy. I'd rather just not play the game or not play priest than play as holy tbh.  If disc ever gets nerfed into the ground and holy becomes only pvp spec, I might quit or become a blue.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<