Help

Nerf Bladestorm Now Plz

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#81 Owslend

Owslend
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Noobs here don't get. If we pick blood bath. We don't have huge burst. If we pick bladestorm we have awesome aoe damage (if your team is stupid) and no real control over single target or aoe. If we pick stormbolt is on demand ranged CC that we pretty much lack. The fact that our talents help us choose more our gameplay style over every other class except druid priest which I think are right there ( except for Spriests) doesn't mean the class is op. What's op is the amount of crying over reflects easly preventable by throwing any lame instants or not throwing anything. it's been a month and you guys can't l2p is really sad already.

#82 Etherealness

Etherealness
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

Yeah, warriors defending their class.

So sad.

#83 Equalwin

Equalwin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/1/2/2/0

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

I'm fine with warriors and their retarded dmg and moblity, they are warriors.

just the double reflect interrupt are over the top.

#84 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostOwslend, on 28 October 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Noobs here don't get. If we pick blood bath. We don't have huge burst. If we pick bladestorm we have awesome aoe damage (if your team is stupid) and no real control over single target or aoe. If we pick stormbolt is on demand ranged CC that we pretty much lack. The fact that our talents help us choose more our gameplay style over every other class except druid priest which I think are right there ( except for Spriests) doesn't mean the class is op. What's op is the amount of crying over reflects easly preventable by throwing any lame instants or not throwing anything. it's been a month and you guys can't l2p is really sad already.

you are the lord of pvp

#85 Hateformz

Hateformz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 2050
  • 3v3: 2301
  • 5v5: 2205
  • RBG: 576

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

View Postzenga, on 27 October 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

Doesn't that tell pretty much everything about the current warrior state?
isn't that blizzard's goal? having every talent be viable?
If anything they're probably happy about it
Posted Image

#86 Owslend

Owslend
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

View PostEtherealness, on 28 October 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

Yeah, warriors defending their class.

So sad.

I don't only play warrior. I can counter them easly depending on what they throw at me or my teammates. With warlock, ret paladin, enh shammy , monk. From my point of view they aren't op one bit unless YOUR FRIEND doesn't peel for you and helps you cast as a Ele shammy or Shadow Priest. Rest of the casters need to l2p hardcore.

#87 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

im sure its easy to counter the keyboard turning warriors at 1500 mmr

#88 Spamdotz

Spamdotz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

Bring back season 12 warrior

/thread

#89 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostHateformz, on 28 October 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

isn't that blizzard's goal? having every talent be viable?
If anything they're probably happy about it
I guess you are probably right in the strict sense. But choice is imo carefully weighting the pros and cons to make your decision, and you both lose  and gain something. If choice doesn't matter (i.e. not giving a fuck except vs rogues like gforce says) and warriors are still dominant then it doesn't really fit in the important arena meta game where you do have to think about which talents to pick to counter your opponents. Which means that other things are most likely an issue (OP) besides the talent choices.

For the sake of the example, if they would nerf warriors their damage with 30%, would they have to select their talents more carefully? Or if they would nerf their mobility (e.g. remove heroic leap), would talent choice matter more?

I can't solve warrior design problems, but no matter what spec or alt I play, no matter how experienced my opponent is, the warrior has an answer to everything. And when I play my own warrior, as a completely novice warrior, I can beat people that should be way out of my league, simply because I have an answer to everything.

Really I've always tried to introduce friends to arena, or even pvp in general. And after meeting 8 out of 10 warrior teams at 1400 mmr in 2s, where they literally don't stand a chance, no matter what they do, they see no point in putting any more effort into pvp. And it happens everywhere, no matter if you play 3s on your main comp, if you cap alt number 10 in 2s, if you do a random bg to kill time, or doing a rated bg, ... warriors are everywhere and every time they come out on top, no matter how many mistakes they make. And no way that that can be good for the game.

#90 Nerdstomperr

Nerdstomperr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1493
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 2141
  • RBG: 1896

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

View Postzenga, on 28 October 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

I guess you are probably right in the strict sense. But choice is imo carefully weighting the pros and cons to make your decision, and you both lose  and gain something. If choice doesn't matter (i.e. not giving a fuck except vs rogues like gforce says) and warriors are still dominant then it doesn't really fit in the important arena meta game where you do have to think about which talents to pick to counter your opponents. Which means that other things are most likely an issue (OP) besides the talent choices.

For the sake of the example, if they would nerf warriors their damage with 30%, would they have to select their talents more carefully? Or if they would nerf their mobility (e.g. remove heroic leap), would talent choice matter more?

I can't solve warrior design problems, but no matter what spec or alt I play, no matter how experienced my opponent is, the warrior has an answer to everything. And when I play my own warrior, as a completely novice warrior, I can beat people that should be way out of my league, simply because I have an answer to everything.

Really I've always tried to introduce friends to arena, or even pvp in general. And after meeting 8 out of 10 warrior teams at 1400 mmr in 2s, where they literally don't stand a chance, no matter what they do, they see no point in putting any more effort into pvp. And it happens everywhere, no matter if you play 3s on your main comp, if you cap alt number 10 in 2s, if you do a random bg to kill time, or doing a rated bg, ... warriors are everywhere and every time they come out on top, no matter how many mistakes they make. And no way that that can be good for the game.

you sir are wrong its the mage class that you can make any mistake and back peddle to victory by spaming skill lance

#91 Durok

Durok
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostNerdstomperr, on 28 October 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

you sir are wrong its the mage class that you can make any mistake and back peddle to victory by spaming skill lance
warriors and mages are the same atm. spam shit while facerolling the keyboard and do retarded dmg.
i mean mages were like always broken and should have been deleted a while ago but now the same shit starts with warriors. i dont even play arena even more now because its so boring.
always warri / mage

#92 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostDurok, on 29 October 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

warriors and mages are the same atm. spam shit while facerolling the keyboard and do retarded dmg.
i mean mages were like always broken and should have been deleted a while ago but now the same shit starts with warriors. i dont even play arena even more now because its so boring.
always warri / mage

If you put your grandma behind a warrior on your comp and tell her to mash 1234 while chasing this guy, she has a good chance to kill him. If you put her behind a mage not much will happen. That's a basic difference between a warrior and a mage

#93 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Now when i finally leveled war and got 1800 in shitty gear on first day u want to nerf them ?

#94 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1734
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

- Nerfs the bleeds
- Remove mass reflect or spell reflect, either is good
- Make intervine also eat a spell(talent, glyph dontcare)
- Make bladestorm disarmable(takes +50iq more to use it properly)

Should do it?

TL;DR :warrior:
Posted Image

#95 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostRaphner, on 29 October 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

- Nerfs the bleeds
- Remove mass reflect or spell reflect, either is good
- Make intervine also eat a spell(talent, glyph dontcare)
- Make bladestorm disarmable(takes +50iq more to use it properly)

Should do it?

TL;DR :warrior:

I'd say:

Nerf Deep Wounds and buff Overpower, Heroic Strike, Heroic Throw and such
Make Spell Reflection put a debuff on the warrior that prevents him from benefiting from the effects of his Mass Spell Reflection for ~4-6s
Make Safeguard reflect the next Spell/Skill cast at your partner
Make Pummel put Disrupting Shout on a ~4-8 CD
Make Bladestorm disarmable, not break CC, and buff it's damage to ~240%

#96 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostEvilcow, on 29 October 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

I'd say:

Nerf Deep Wounds and buff Overpower, Heroic Strike, Heroic Throw and such
Make Spell Reflection put a debuff on the warrior that prevents him from benefiting from the effects of his Mass Spell Reflection for ~4-6s
Make Safeguard reflect the next Spell/Skill cast at your partner
Make Pummel put Disrupting Shout on a ~4-8 CD
Make Bladestorm disarmable, not break CC, and buff it's damage to ~240%

?

Edited by Poobandit, 29 October 2013 - 02:03 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#97 Selicia

Selicia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2411
  • 5v5: 2247
  • RBG: 958

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Sips coffee and logs into Holinka's work computer.

Bladestorm now deals 10% less damage against players.
Slam now deals 10% less damage against players.
Shout effects may no longer be used during Bladestorm.
Double Time now increases the cooldown of Charge by 24s (up from 20s).
Storm Bolt now has a 45s cooldown (up from 30s).
Disrupting Shout now has a 60s cooldown (up from 40s).

Posted Image
       Just say no.

#98 Selicia

Selicia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2411
  • 5v5: 2247
  • RBG: 958

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Oh and I fixed the Rushing Streams talent bug guys. It now properly causes Healing Stream Totem to heal two party/raid members in addition to itself.

Edited by Selicia, 29 October 2013 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image
       Just say no.

#99 Cardio32

Cardio32
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostArnie, on 25 October 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Double reflect and interrupt needs to go, that's pretty much it for balancing warriors from my perspective. Imo just make the mass reflect talent replace regular reflect with not increasing the cd from 25 sec to 1 min, and same for disrupting shout with pummel. I'm not sure however if that would make disrupting shout a desirable alternative... maybe just replace it with something else entirely. Mass reflect would still be good enough even if it replaced the other reflect.

To be fair, bladestorm and storm bolt should swap places in the talent tree also. Would avoid 2x stuns and make it one control tier and one damage tier. It makes more sense in general if you look at all the tiers. They all have some sort of "theme".

And no I don't only play warrior, and from what i've gathered from talking with people I know, my opinion seems kinda universally agreed upon.

Most logical post so far.

Grossly overlooked by most people obviously b/c not enough helmets.

#100 Cardio32

Cardio32
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostSpeedymart, on 27 October 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

This

I personally can't decide what to run with. I feel like I'm switching talents every game without giving a fuck. The only time where I run specific talents is against rogue teams, and in that case I run double stun

Other then that it just depends on the mood

The problem with your "talent bloat" is that all of those talents are very good and make a significant difference on how the warrior plays and how you should play against them.  Your opponents also cannot tell what you are running b/c there is not obvious buff or visual when the gates open, well until you start spinning.  Let's look at a warlock for example, right when the gates open you will know if he has soul link, a pet, or specced into blood horror.  It usually doesn't matter that much anyway b/c you are charging them like a raging mongo to prevent ports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<