• Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yeah that's what I was saying. Makes me sad to be honest. I will try haste + spirit (I was already looking forward to it, and you just confirmed this) I hope I will see some improvement.

And another problem.. Although we are very good at conserving mana (I may even risk to say we are the best at it) but if we tend to fall behind on mana (wich will happen if we need to use more than 2-3 Surging Mists in 30 sec) then there is almost no chance to catch up on mana, simply because 1. we have no "manabump" cd (fiend/plea/inner/manatide) 2. the way our healing is designed requires us to heal and lets almost no room for drinking.

Personnaly i never found mana to be a problem, especially with the new chi brew. I just always use mana tea during silence(like any time a priest mage or w/e silences me, or someon manages to knock me out of my school i immediatly start mana tea). Or after i have gone trough my full HoT cycle and someone is above 80% health i immediatly mana tea. Right from the get go. I think alot of people tend to wait with it until their mana pool is depleted. But if you use it aggresively from the start your mana pool will simply not deplete at all.

#42 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

So you dont use the mana tea glyph? I think it is a luxury to not get it in pvp. Anyway I admit that my gear is bad so my manaproblems may come from that but still if you need to use Surging alot that realy hurt your mana.

#43 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

So you dont use the mana tea glyph? I think it is a luxury to not get it in pvp. Anyway I admit that my gear is bad so my manaproblems may come from that but still if you need to use Surging alot that realy hurt your mana.

No i don't use the mana tea glyph, it's not really needed. The time you safe is incredibly minimal. And sometimes its way better to pump out a couple of stacks in certain time frame where the possibility shows itself. Furthermore i barely use surging mist. I basicly only use it to get 1 extra chi for enveloping, or when i use thunder focus tea. Otherwise just use healing sphere. More healing per mana.

#44 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

No i don't use the mana tea glyph, it's not really needed. The time you safe is incredibly minimal. And sometimes its way better to pump out a couple of stacks in certain time frame where the possibility shows itself. Furthermore i barely use surging mist. I basicly only use it to get 1 extra chi for enveloping, or when i use thunder focus tea. Otherwise just use healing sphere. More healing per mana.

I find myself having to use surging mist often because of the logistics of trying to keep a mage alive using spheres. Sometimes it's just not possible, so surging is the safest route to go.

I have switched back to 100% spirit build and it has helped a ton because of having to using surging mist so much more. Sitting on 13000 spirit, and 18% crit.

#45 ranepowel

ranepowel
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

Relatively "easy" fix would be to make the dispel protection already baked into Zen Spheres be affected more by our HoTs. For example, Zen Shere's healing/damage explosion would be 50-100% more effective if one or more of our HoT's were active on the target of our Zen Sphere.

You could work it so the bonus dispel healing only affected the Zen Sphere target, so it wouldn't be too OP for RBGs or anything, and it would protect our HoTs while making a mostly lackluster talent for PVP even more viable. Does anyone really spec this except for situational uses anyway?

As for our healing spheres, there is the level 100 talent (which, of course, can and probably will change over the course of the beta) that gives us the ability to activate the spheres on our own, which is nice...but doesn't really help if the issue is that our healing target is moving and/or latency. A possible solution to this would be a larger radius, as already mentioned, or they could keep them as is and change our mastery to something a little better, that would make up for it.

For a long time I think the MW mastery has been and will continue to be garbage. The level 100 talent will help, if it affects the spheres created from mastery, but personally I think they should change the mastery to something like a healing version of a shadow priest's shadow apparitions. Basically, convert the healing spheres placed on the ground near a target -- which is both annoying to the DPS as it gives them one more thing to look for on an already crowded (visually) ground, and annoying to us because it is wasted healing more often than not in certain fights -- and change it to a slow-moving sphere that travels towards the target of your soothing mist and/or the lowest health target with one of your HoTs (or Zen Sphere) active on them.

Our mastery then, while not perfect, would never result in missed healing, making it a stat that while perhaps not worth stacking (the amount healed would determine this), it would at least be a 100% bonus to healing, just like every other healing class out there. As it stands all the other healing classes have masteries that, while not all 100% perfect, all offer 100% healing/absorbing improvements. MW monks, however, have a mastery that can -- and too often does -- result in a lose of healing. Even if we were to stack mastery out the ass right now there is still no 100% guarantee that those orbs will actually do any healing whatsoever. That needs to change desperately.

#46 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

After watching the Blizzcon championship, I have no idea how you can think your mastery is bad. Good team mates that you play with long enough to gain chemistry can Pacman like a boss when you're cc'd. There were so many orbs all over the ground that Novoz and Thug only had to take a few steps to grap them. That's far more useful when in cc than many of the other masteries out there.

#47 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

That "mastery system" works as a result of the spheres glyph, with good use of soothing/env. In actuality, even if every single sphere is picked up, mastery does less than 2/3 the healing of crit, and spamming orbs does not proc mastery. Imagining that only 75% of mastery spheres are used, which is generous, it does like 1/2 the healing of crit point-for-point.

The mastery which we receive for free is good and can be utilized, but it scales horribly when reforging/gearing/gemming mastery. I'm willing to bet that even if you stack all crit/int as opposed to mastery, mastery does almost equal healing since the orbs heal for more. So it's basically not scaled well, which I can only imagine is meant to balance 25m pve (like everything else we have). And even then it's not balanced, since PVE'ers don't use it.

#48 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Max use of healing is less important than mechanics. Same as why arcane mages always suck, despite high dps when in pve. I get that sometimes the orbs go unused, but total healing means shit compared to saving a teammate while in cc IMO. On iPad so can't expand further

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<