• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I think pretty much every MW plays some sort of spellcleave since it's harder to play with melee jumping around. But I can't see how any comp would benefit from a monk healer over a priest or druid. The biggest problem with monks is that they don't have a lot of spells to use when people are low. They simply spam heals into the person unlike other classes which have some form of utility spells (on relatively short cooldowns/multiple spells - shield, skin, bop) along with multiple forms of CC.

Monks only spells are para which is awful since its low range, not spammable, requires no dots (or glyph) and dr's with a lot of popular classes. Every other healer has some from of spammable CC or aoe CC.

Buffing monk heals will make them op. They already have amazing healing output and if orbs gave chi, you would never run oom. Buffing hots by some sort of dispel protection and revamping their really bad cc might be better.

Our HoTs need buffs. The only time our healing is amazing is with spheres and as I said earlier they are hard to use in the majority of comps.

#22 drockzo

drockzo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1486
  • 3v3: 2965
  • RBG: 1556

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

What comp are you playing/what comps other mw monks are playing?

im not an expert or anything, but warrior mage monk looks pretty damn strong

#23 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

What I hate most about spheres is that they are so reliant on the latency of both yourself, AND your teammate.

I've had countless games in which I have come out of CC with my partner near dead, and began spamming spheres into him, with none of them landing before he died. Talk about frustrating...

#24 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

im not an expert or anything, but warrior mage monk looks pretty damn strong

Yes, because Mage/Warrior puts out such insane pressure that we barely need to heal.

#25 drockzo

drockzo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

What I hate most about spheres is that they are so reliant on the latency of both yourself, AND your teammate.

I've had countless games in which I have come out of CC with my partner near dead, and began spamming spheres into him, with none of them landing before he died. Talk about frustrating...

Yeah I've noticed this too, especially when I'm playing with Australians. They don't get absorbed and just sit ontop of their body

#26 Eminemqt

Eminemqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

Yeah I've noticed this too, especially when I'm playing with Australians. They don't get absorbed and just sit ontop of their body

Try being an Australian playing with an Australian :mad: It's a nightmare.

#27 drockzo

drockzo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Try being an Australian playing with an Australian :mad: It's a nightmare.

haha im sure, yesterday I played with both an aussie and a kiwi on my alliance monk. They're both melee as well so it wasn't fun

#28 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Personally i don't find paralysis to be the weak spot, and our cc is decent(altough alot is melee so not applicable to 3s). I find that one problem is with HoT's that lack dispel protection and therefor (including soothing mist) are to weak(There is a reason monks barely use soothing mist or enveloping mist in raids, but resort to aoe healing only).

But our healing output is still amazing due to healing sphere's. The main problem i find is the lack of defensive cooldowns!!! We only have one 160k shield and revival which is far from good(i use it more as a aoe dispel and to pick my team up if they are all on lets say 50%, and we happen to not be playing against a lock).
We don't have any other defensive cooldown we can use on our teammates. This creates a gameplay where if your teammates don't block out every single cc the enemy throws at you (some of it is unavoidable), your teammates will die(and the slow registration timer for orb heals definitly don't help).

Especially compared to other classes:

Shaman: Healing tide, ascendance, NS, Spirit link.
Holy Priest: Gaurdian spirit and life swap
Disc priest: Pain suppresion, life swap, power word: barrier
Druid: NS, ironbark, genesis(situational), tranquility(situational), Tree Form
Paladin: Sacrifice, bubble, blessing of protection, and their cooldowns to relieve pressure(gaurdian of kings and wings)

I'm not saying that this makes the other classes OP etc. But for me it makes a huge difference. When i see the enemy popping all their cooldowns, all i can basicly do is throw my bubble(if i havent used it already during a cc chain). And go trough my normal healing rotation. with the current meta where cooldown management is one of the most important factors of arena, the lack of defensive cooldowns can be hard to deal with(especially coming out of a cc chain).

#29 Eminemqt

Eminemqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yeah the revival nerf completely screwed us over even though it was a bit overpowered pre-nerf but it was needed as a defensive CD, I'm pretty sure it was pve change too lol. But I still think monks are alright right now and not trash, healing output and our undispellable CC is good - only thing not so good is healing orb radius, dispel protection for enveloping mists, defensive CD for party and being restricted to play with specific classes.

#30 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

This happen to me twice yesterday with the mage on my team where I was spamming bubbles on him after coming out of CC,and he died with his body laying on top of the orbs with none of them hitting him.

#31 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

Is anyone else running Warrior/Mage/MW?

With so many warrior cleaves...KFC, Turbo, TSG (although this isn't so bad), and Kittycleave, it is very hard keeping the mage alive. Orbing mages seems to be extremely difficult as well because it's not like lock/shaman where you can say "stop moving" while your burst them up even if someone is on them. Mages can not tank damage, and are in constant kite mode.

What strategy are people using to keep the mage relatively good on hps?

The only thing I found to work was to completely play around interrupts, and just spam soothing mist + enveloping on the mage non-stop. I was also having a ton of latency issues between me and the mage. I was able to heal the warrior just fine with orbs but there was like a 1.5-2.5 sec delay on orbs triggering with the mage which I just assume was latency issues between the two of us.

Soothing + Enveloping non-stop was the only thing that seems to work.

#32 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

I think you're supposed to just do broken damage to the other team the entire game as that comp and kill them before they get your mage.

#33 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think you're supposed to just do broken damage to the other team the entire game as that comp and kill them before they get your mage.

The problem is we did 36 games yesterday and there was a warrior on the opposing team 32x. Only 4 games did we play where there was no warrior.

So the other team has broken faceroll damage also and tunnel the crap out of the mage.

#34 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

The warrior doesn't do the most broken damage on your team though. Your mage should be annihilating people (and he doesn't need to cast to do so).

#35 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm not so experienced in MW yet (realy love the playstyle of it tho) but what I think is that we are not rewarded well if we tend to use our iconic and unique heals such as Soothing Mist and Enveloping Mist.

Even if you juke all interrupts and cc's the combination of these two heals are not enough if one of the enemy is popping cd's or Enveloping just gets insta dispelled. Maybe it's just my bad gear (I hope so) but the need of juking and the fact that this heal is not enough (and Surging Mist spam is just too mana-dependant) to heal out some serious pressure makes me a bit worried.

Switching between Healing Spheres and Soothing is ok, forced to use Spheres all times isn't. Also would love to see fistweaving viable, it could be so much fun and also could bring some skillcap and more decision.

#36 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm not so experienced in MW yet (realy love the playstyle of it tho) but what I think is that we are not rewarded well if we tend to use our iconic and unique heals such as Soothing Mist and Enveloping Mist.

Even if you juke all interrupts and cc's the combination of these two heals are not enough if one of the enemy is popping cd's or Enveloping just gets insta dispelled. Maybe it's just my bad gear (I hope so) but the need of juking and the fact that this heal is not enough (and Surging Mist spam is just too mana-dependant) to heal out some serious pressure makes me a bit worried.

Switching between Healing Spheres and Soothing is ok, forced to use Spheres all times isn't. Also would love to see fistweaving viable, it could be so much fun and also could bring some skillcap and more decision.

Soothing Mist and Enveloping Mist combo are very powerful with haste. The problem is you can not get enough haste + crit + spirit at the same time in pvp gear.

If you look at top pve monks there are some with 35% haste without serpent stance, meaning they are over 50% passive haste in their healing stance while sitting on 20% crit, and 32k+ spell power.

We don't have those kind of gearing options in pvp so we are forced to pick one stat and since haste boost everything people go with that.

If they would give us the 5% crit buff, and maybe a 5-10% haste pvp set bonus that only affected Soothing/Enveloping then haste stacking would be a option and you would see a far larger HPS boost from our HoTs.

The major problem right now is going haste is viable, but probably not the best option overall because while you gain a large HPS increase from HoTs if they are being dispelled and you have to fall back to healing spheres you are screwed if they are not consistently criting.

#37 sindrome198_6954875

sindrome198_6954875
  • Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, dispel on hots is a very big problem since it has 0 drawback. Every other healer has some sort of reliable direct heal or some sort of utility spells to help partners. Need to buff hots and add something akin to damage reduction when dispelled or something.

#38 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, dispel on hots is a very big problem since it has 0 drawback. Every other healer has some sort of reliable direct heal or some sort of utility spells to help partners. Need to buff hots and add something akin to damage reduction when dispelled or something.

Dispelling is a major problem but that isn't my biggest concern.

Our greater heal is Enveloping Mist + Soothing. It takes 6 FULL SECONDS to get the maximum benefit from that combo. It requires us to channel which puts us at risk for lockout ect.. That combination of Zen/Renew/Enveloping + Soothing should be able to keep someone up against two dps if the target isn't being dispelled, and they are not stopping us from channeling.

As of right now that combo is not strong enough to keep someone up. I have to Enveloping and then start sphering to prevent death. That makes absolutely no sense.

Soothing Mist and Enveloping both need some big targeted pvp HPS increases.

#39 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, that's what I hate the most as well. Getting an enveloping mist up, along with renewing and a soothing mist channel and still seeing my partners health drop towards the negative.

Feels good, man.

#40 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Dispelling is a major problem but that isn't my biggest concern.

Our greater heal is Enveloping Mist + Soothing. It takes 6 FULL SECONDS to get the maximum benefit from that combo. It requires us to channel which puts us at risk for lockout ect.. That combination of Zen/Renew/Enveloping + Soothing should be able to keep someone up against two dps if the target isn't being dispelled, and they are not stopping us from channeling.

As of right now that combo is not strong enough to keep someone up. I have to Enveloping and then start sphering to prevent death. That makes absolutely no sense.

Soothing Mist and Enveloping both need some big targeted pvp HPS increases.

Yeah that's what I was saying. Makes me sad to be honest. I will try haste + spirit (I was already looking forward to it, and you just confirmed this) I hope I will see some improvement.

And another problem.. Although we are very good at conserving mana (I may even risk to say we are the best at it) but if we tend to fall behind on mana (wich will happen if we need to use more than 2-3 Surging Mists in 30 sec) then there is almost no chance to catch up on mana, simply because 1. we have no "manabump" cd (fiend/plea/inner/manatide) 2. the way our healing is designed requires us to heal and lets almost no room for drinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<