Help

anti-warrior OP build

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 graynight

graynight
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

It's been amusing reading through the hundreds of OP warrior threads here and on bnet.  I'll preface this by acknowledging that I've only been to 2.1k as Lock, DK, and Pally throughout multiple seasons so I'm far from good compared to most people reading these forums.  The strategies used by a less skilled player like myself that works on similarly less skilled warriors at my rating might still apply to high ranked players though.  

In short, Demo Lock, Soul Link with Void Lord (using Void Shield), 2 PVP trinkets, Dark Apotheosis, Unending Resolve.  It is boring, you will never kill anyone in DA form, but a warrior cannot lock you down and will never ever kill you.  You will also put a lot more pressure out than you receive (neither is much though), you will be shocked how much Void Shield damage is.

250% armor, 10% reduction UR, 20% reduction Soul Link, 18% reduction DA, 8% reduction from trinkets - you tank better than any tank in the game cuz it's magic and physical reduction and it's ALL PASSIVE AND PERMANENT.  Unlimited fury for absorbs on CD (2 charges per 10 sec I think).  Short CD Leap and Knockback but you don't actually have to kite at all since you take no damage.  The Void Lord does a LOT more damage than any pet using Void Shield + Soul Link and is much harder to kill.  AND... you never have to cast a single spell.  HOG, corrupt, curses, fel flame, shadow slash, shields, blood horror, coil, leap, all instas.

It will be up to your team to line up a double CC/burst window or you will never kill anyone, but you will have less pressure on your team than the team playing War/affliction/resto, War/mage/resto, War/anything/resto vs you.  If you are mirroring an affliction team and each warrior sits on the Warlock, they will be constantly pressured and you will just be bored.  With Void Shield constantly going off I think you might even outdamge the affliction lock while taking a fraction of the damage.  You only need about a 10 sec window in caster form with a few imps up, HOG and corruption trickling, spam fel flame to build up enough fury for a Meta/Darksoul burst (you still have a ton of dmg reduction during your Meta burst).

Just my limited experience so far, interested to see how it works for really good Warlocks who are willing to test it.

#2 KPul

KPul
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2365
  • 3v3: 2741
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 2288

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

So what happens if they ignore you and kill the other people on your team?
Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

just ddos the warrior
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#4 graynight

graynight
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

it's not a Cure-All :)  a demo-lock left alone has plenty of CC/dmg output, taking 1 glyph for DA does nothing to reduce your dmg or CC if you don't use that stance, you just lose the big health stone glyph (which you don't need anymore).  I'm not even saying it's better than affliction since I'm not experienced enough to promise that.  To ME, it's a lot more effective while a warrior is riding me the whole time.  I tried affliction and destro a bit and I just can't do shit with a warrior on me.  If the other team spreads out or uses LOS while the warrior is on you, it's hard even spreading dot's to everyone as affliction.

the point is, if YOUR warrior sits on THEIR affliction warlock while they ignore you, you are already ahead because 1 caster is being locked down and 1 is being left alone.  same with ele, spriest with your warrior in their face the whole time.  people under-estimate demo burst cuz they can't pressure like an affliction does but the burst is similar during meta/darksoul.  and an affliction with a warrior on his ass the whole match i guarantee is doing less pressure.

#5 graynight

graynight
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

and i'm not even saying this will work at gladiator ratings, which is why i'm interested so see what happens if some high ranked players try this.  the main problem i see is if you are facing a team without a melee class, affliction is easily superior, but then you have the advantage that you have a warrior and they don't :)  Assuming there will be a ton of Warrior/caster/resto comps this season, I think filling in "random caster" with Demo-Lock has advantages against almost any other caster.

#6 baltothedog

baltothedog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1853
  • 3v3: 2217
  • 5v5: 2310
  • RBG: 2093

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

good war will 2shot your pet then kill you or go healer

#7 graynight

graynight
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postbaltothedog, on 12 October 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

good war will 2shot your pet then kill you or go healer

Void Lord is significantly harder to kill than any other pet (void shield + armor makes them take much less dmg than a fel/succ), so if they are using that tactic, this is already better vs traditional warlock builds.  and how is using a more frail pet/build as affliction any different if warriors just kill pets?  If they can kill a Void Lord then kill you, they can do it twice as easily if they were killing a felhound then the affliction both without the dmg reductions.  i'm only comparing different options for a warlock who is having trouble getting trained by warriors - someone better than me can try this and give some input.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115236

#8 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Still, they will just ignore you and kill your teammates should you go Apotheosis in wich you will have zero pressure and some limited control. Stance dancing is not a factor as you lose all your demonic fury and without metamorphosis you will have no burst (even after the Chaos Wave nerf, it's your most important spell as together with Touch of Chaos).

You may play normal Demo without Apotheosis but both you and your pet will be just trucked down (although the spec may be good, I saw some1 on stream recently, maybe ptr or on tournament).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<