Having some issues with stance lag

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CalvinsFriend

CalvinsFriend
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

I've recently started playing Sub and have made some macros which should perform different actions depending on stance (unstealthed, stealthed, vanish, dance), but it only works some of the time. I can think of no reason it would be registering my stance sometimes and not others, but too often I find myself exposing armor when I want to ambush, and other such blunders; frustrating as you can probably imagine.

If anyone could enlighten me as to why this is happening (it appears random and inconsistent to me) or provide a better method, I would be grateful.

I believe the game just doesn't register a stance change under certain conditions, since I've tried several things to correct the issue, including action bar paging based on stance via bartender and stance determined macros. I think it might be related to pressing buttons too fast, but I really don't feel like I should have to wait even a fraction of a second to use an ability after a stance change.

Thanks for your time and any suggestions are welcome. If anything is unclear I'll do my best to illuminate it.

#2 bronsolino

bronsolino
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/2/0/2

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

put your stance macros onto a non-paging bar (bottom left, bottom right and the two right bars)

also what's your latency?

#3 Kroyfel

Kroyfel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

If I understand your problem correctly, you could try what I do with macros. This is my dance macro:
/cast Shadow Dance
/cast [mod:alt]Cheap Shot
/cast [mod:ctrl]Garrote
/cast [mod:shift]Ambush
This way, with your dance bind with alt held down you'd dance and cheap shot with no delay (but you have to press it twice). With no modifier you'd just dance. Sorry if I misunderstood your problem.

#4 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Well, it's a lag issue, so you can't really do anything about it. Making stance macros and replacing you non-SDance abilities with them (e.g. hemo and CS are on the same macro by me so i made my hemo macro to cast CS upon SDance) could work but it can screw up.

You might try out an actionbar addon or use your Sdance abilities on a non-stance action bar with no stance macro included (maybe shortens delay).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<