• Curse Sites
Help

New to MM, general tips?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Crunchwrapz

Crunchwrapz

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

What are the general things to keep in mind like what skills to keep up, to use on cooldown (Chimera?), etc.

Mastery or Haste?

Ty

#2 Potbloem

Potbloem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1777
  • 3v3: 1749
  • RBG: 960

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Crit > Haste > mastery.
You will be using steady shot a lot, so haste is good. Keep 600 pvp power buff up when using chimera and aimed shot. Use aimed shot on cloth/leather as focus dump when bursting (especially when you have rapid fire up, and don't forget about aimed shot glyph), otherwise arcane shot is better on mail/plate imo. Pool focus for burst because your main abilities cost a lot of it. Keep steady focus up by casting steady shot twice in a row, but this isn't hard since you're mostly using steady shot anyway inbetween chimera cooldowns.

If you want to do huge burst, wait for an aimed shot proc, get full focus, arcane shot once -> aimed shot -> chimera shot -> arcane shot focus dump (make sure you have enough focus again when chimera comes off cd).

Have only been playing mm since I got grievous this week but this how I do it.

#3 rageTG

rageTG

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostPotbloem, on 12 October 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Have only been playing mm since I got grievous this week but this how I do it.

Crit > Haste > mastery.
You will be using steady shot a lot, so haste is good. Keep 600 pvp power buff up when using chimera and aimed shot. Use aimed shot on cloth/leather as focus dump when bursting (especially when you have rapid fire up, and don't forget about aimed shot glyph), otherwise arcane shot is better on mail/plate imo. Pool focus for burst because your main abilities cost a lot of it. Keep steady focus up by casting steady shot twice in a row, but this isn't hard since you're mostly using steady shot anyway inbetween chimera cooldowns.

If you want to do huge burst, wait for an aimed shot proc, get full focus, arcane shot once -> aimed shot -> chimera shot -> arcane shot focus dump (make sure you have enough focus again when chimera comes off cd).

Fixed it for you.

#4 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hey pal,

Some basic things i can think off the top of my head:

Always try to keep Chimera on cooldown.
Steady focus is actually really good, keep it up.

Now with arcane shot costing even more focus, ive started to pool my focus for when we get a CC and unload my whole bar then, (With fevor for the next chimera shot) The increased amount of steadies you're using will also build up a lot of aimed procs.

If you're not being focused, it really is worth casting aimed shot. Its only 0.45 longer cast time than a steady and hits pretty hard (Obviously better becuase of crit bonus if above 80)

So, for reforging. Hit cap>Expertise softish cap > Crit  > Haste > Mastery.

Cant think of much else, will update if i remember more

#5 Potbloem

Potbloem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1777
  • 3v3: 1749

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostrageTG, on 12 October 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Fixed it for you.

Yea prolly should have mentioned that first, thanks.

#6 Niosa

Niosa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2207
  • 5v5: 2194

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Trying to add something that hasn't been said already.

Serpent sting is practically free damage unless dispelled 24/7.
Powershot into AiS proc will give you the steady aim critical strike bonus for the aimed shot if target was >80% when you fired the AiS.
AiS glyph is pretty meh, you will get procs quite often as long as you're pooling focus.
Use monkeys or goat against resto shaman teams, baiting tremor with wyvern sting is really fun.
Blink strikes for marks is really good, crows has a huge cost and really just ticks for 5-7k.

Edited by Niosa, 12 October 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image

#7 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 12 October 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hey pal,

Now with arcane shot costing even more focus, ive started to pool my focus for when we get a CC and unload my whole bar then, (With fevor for the next chimera shot) The increased amount of steadies you're using will also build up a lot of aimed procs.

If you're not being focused, it really is worth casting aimed shot. Its only 0.45 longer cast time than a steady and hits pretty hard (Obviously better becuase of crit bonus if above 80)

Casting aimed shot is really worth it with haste reforged and gemmed while steady focus is up... even on plate, I've tested it on the PTR with full S14 gear and AiS did 31k on a warrior which was identical to the Chimera hit at the time (pre-CS buff, last week of PTR)

AiS 31k
Chimera 31k
Arcane 12k

For anyone who also enjoys the playstyle of casting AiS with max. haste, I recommend Fervor as well.
"The psychopath is an intraspecies predator [...] In general, psychopaths are glib and charming, and they use these attributes to manipulate others into trusting and believing in them. This may lead to people giving them money, voting them into office [...] Many psychopaths have little difficulty joining the ranks of business, politics, law enforcement, government, and academia. They exist in all lines of work..." -FBI.gov
Government is magic!

#8 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostLiveFreeOrDie, on 12 October 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

Casting aimed shot is really worth it with haste reforged and gemmed while steady focus is up... even on plate, I've tested it on the PTR with full S14 gear and AiS did 31k on a warrior which was identical to the Chimera hit at the time (pre-CS buff, last week of PTR)

AiS 31k
Chimera 31k
Arcane 12k

For anyone who also enjoys the playstyle of casting AiS with max. haste, I recommend Fervor as well.

Isnt that what i said?

#9 Crunchwrapz

Crunchwrapz

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 12 October 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hey pal,

Hmm.. so when is Glaive Toss thrown in?

#10 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

When ever i guess?

i mainly us PS tho

#11 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostJokerplex, on 12 October 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Isnt that what i said?

I just wanted to emphasize it and add some numbers... too many hunters still believe AiS has a 3sec cast time and only hits for like 10k on cloth...
"The psychopath is an intraspecies predator [...] In general, psychopaths are glib and charming, and they use these attributes to manipulate others into trusting and believing in them. This may lead to people giving them money, voting them into office [...] Many psychopaths have little difficulty joining the ranks of business, politics, law enforcement, government, and academia. They exist in all lines of work..." -FBI.gov
Government is magic!

#12 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

I've been fooling around with Crit>Haste>Mastery and Crit>Mastery>Haste and I do have to say Crit>Haste>Mastery just feels smoother/better to play with although there are times I've seen wild quiver proc like a Mofo which is funny but its way to RNG.

Like many of the others provided good information that I agree with too, try to keep chimera shot on cool down and I also use serpent sting and after a short period of time I can determine if the healer is taking it off or not reliably because if they aren't it is free damage.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#13 UGotKited

UGotKited
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

is anyone using widow venom regularly? Im trying to get it into my "rotations" as mm, but for some reason it just feels clunky since all my globals are tied up to building up to chimera, cc and kiting. Is it worth keeping it up, and to which degree?

#14 Slavens

Slavens
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2069
  • 3v3: 2714

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostUGotKited, on 13 October 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

is anyone using widow venom regularly? Im trying to get it into my "rotations" as mm, but for some reason it just feels clunky since all my globals are tied up to building up to chimera, cc and kiting. Is it worth keeping it up, and to which degree?

i kinda agree

i wish they would just bake it into serpent sting

#15 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

The times i use widow venom is when our CC chain has/about to end and i know doing an extra arcane shot wont get me the kill.

Its not worth keeping it up 24/7, just occasionally when the healer has to pump a lot of healing.

Use your judgement as its really situational

#16 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostUGotKited, on 13 October 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

Personally I try and keep it up as much as possible when not playing with another class that can use MS because 25% is a pretty significant number
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#17 xCluck

xCluck
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1673

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

When has widow venom ever not been clunky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<