Help

question: Crit and Mastery spec dps difference

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 deharma

deharma
  • Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hello, playing double uhdk with a mate, I'm fully crit geared/gemmed/reforged and he is mastery/haste  - and discovered one intresting thing about our dps - if we both just dps-ing a line of training dummies, I win dps fight by a great margin, like 25 - 30 k damage more, BUT when I look at arena damage done, he used to win me with damage done , some times by 100 k! How is that possible, considering I know the basic rotation? I used to sit a dps on arena , and he used to sit a healer, can this make any difference or there's just smthing about the roration and damage dealing skills I don't know? :)

#2 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

mastery > crit on lower gear levels
Posted Image

#3 Mparr65

Mparr65
  • Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Mastery>crit when less than 100% uptime, aka pvp

#4 deharma

deharma
  • Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

ye but on the other hand - applied dots with higher ctit chance can compensate mastery? for example I have it 28%, my mate has it 42%, 14% difference on blood plague, DC, and gargoyle, SR eventually which rarely results in damage being dispelled/outhealed/immunities. Do these 14% play so much difference while I have about 14% spell crit and hes got only about 6% and close to 20% (tyrannical gear) melee %? Well, what I want to know - does my rotation suck on arena or this is casue of crit gear? :) Cause my spread damage has 10% more chance to crit, to do double damage on every magical damage source applied? same goes for melee and pet attacks...ideally:)

#5 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

crit is RNG, mastery is a shadow damage gain

#6 Gamegon

Gamegon
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

Mostly it's dependent, the way you're explaining it feels like this is depending on what procs you had. However (correct me if I'm wrong) mastery's dmg is based on the percentage of the amount of dmg your diseases hit for based on the AP. Crit however remain it's percentage regardless of what procs you had (with the exception if you had a crit chance proc). As mentioned above, it's RNG while mastery remains the same regardless of crits and if you had mastery as first priority stat you'd do more dmg if you would crit with it than what a crit dk would do.

#7 hanu

hanu
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1822
  • RBG: 955

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostGamegon, on 15 October 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Mostly it's dependent, the way you're explaining it feels like this is depending on what procs you had. However (correct me if I'm wrong) mastery's dmg is based on the percentage of the amount of dmg your diseases hit for based on the AP. Crit however remain it's percentage regardless of what procs you had (with the exception if you had a crit chance proc). As mentioned above, it's RNG while mastery remains the same regardless of crits and if you had mastery as first priority stat you'd do more dmg if you would crit with it than what a crit dk would do.
argh

#8 deharma

deharma
  • Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostGamegon, on 15 October 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Well, the more procs I have the more crit dmg I have, same as procs>mastery dmg chain :)
I tested it would be about 20% spell crit/25% melee crit at full grivieous means all matching sockets are with crit, including meta.
Mastery full grievious means more mastery ofc and more Str by about 1 k+.
So sad gargoyle only inherits AP scaling not crit:(
Got dillema.

Any ideas for good pve trinket with crit bonuses worth using on arena? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<