• Talents: Shadow

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 08 October 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

The priest defends the retarded priest mechanics
The warriors think their class is completely fine
Rogues all thought subterfuge/Cloak and Dagger were fine
Hunters think they're fine

Stop being a biased retard
I just said 20 minutes ago that I thought the mechanic was not fine. Seriously, how hard is it to remember that , instead of enraging on forums?
I just explained if your dps paid attention they could stop it and decent players do stop it. I would elaborate more on that but you don't deserve it and I don't want to educate the undeserving.  So you keep drooling and cleaving, wondering where the priest went.

I occasionally make the mistake of trying to have a decent argument. Anyways, Welcome to the AJ Brain Team:
Posted Image

Edited by Djandawg, 08 October 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#22 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

View Postsarma, on 08 October 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

There is list of atleast 30 retarded spells that should never got into this game , feathers are just on top of them at this moment

If they started to remove those, you would log in to your dk to find out that half of your bars are empty.:D

Edited by Djandawg, 08 October 2013 - 02:18 AM.

#23 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 08 October 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

In order for every other healer to get to you they have to run across the map and put themselves in a horrible position, when you see someone running at your healer you can blanket them/stop them before they get there, clone/hex/blind/rep are all casts, Since the priest is invisible and running at mount speed you can only guess where they are, if you guess wrong you get feared.

The priest defends the retarded priest mechanics
The warriors think their class is completely fine
Rogues all thought subterfuge/Cloak and Dagger were fine
Hunters think they're fine

Stop being a biased retard
Perhaps some self-reflection will reveal to you that you are the biased retard not him. He explained in detail how to fix stuff and empathized with your plea and you come here calling him a biased retard. What are you? 8?

View PostSnuggli, on 07 October 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Why? Their healing output is pretty damn good (in comparison to paladins & druids)

Being able to run across an entire map in stealth at +80% speed and start a CC chain as a healer is vastly imbalanced.
No it's not after then PoM change and they go oom far, far, far easier than paladins or druids do, on top of melee cleaves and mage/melee teams killing them in microseconds.

Monks can heal while being OOM efficiently. Druids have a decent healing output and many other advantages. Paladins are the "on the go" healer for burst comps, and their mana pool is quite sturdy right now.

So yes, they would need compensation if you were to nerf it.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 08 October 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

I just said 20 minutes ago that I didn't think the mechanic was fine. Seriously, how hard is it to remember that , instead of enraging on forums?
I just explained if your dps paid attention they could stop it and decent players do stop it. I would elaborate more on that but you don't deserve it and I don't want to educate the undeserving.  So you keep drooling and cleaving, wondering about where the priest went.

I occasionally make the mistake of trying to have a decent argument. Anyways, Welcome to the AJ Brain Team:

You're right, I'm mistaken. A priest saying that chastise+guise+feathers+fear is easy to avoid and then ranting about how every healer has better cc avoidance/outs isn't biased at all.

View PostBraindance, on 08 October 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

on top of melee cleaves and mage/melee teams killing them in microseconds.

This isn't a problem unique to priests. Any mage/warrior team can tunnel shaman and paladins into the ground, and probably druids too. Shaman are constantly tunneled, and basically any team with a mage can tunnel paladins.

Edited by Radejjj, 08 October 2013 - 02:53 AM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 07 October 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Why the fuck is this all still in the game, it's as stupid as s12 blood fear, s5 TnT stun/Glyph of Death and Decay, and prep smoke bomb
u can get a stun every 30 secs by using it from the other side of the map too but u dont see me qqing about it.

#26 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 08 October 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

You're right, I'm mistaken. A priest saying that chastise+guise+feathers+fear is easy to avoid and then ranting about how every healer has better cc avoidance/outs isn't biased at all.

This isn't a problem unique to priests. Any mage/warrior team can tunnel shaman and paladins into the ground, and probably druids too. Shaman are constantly tunneled, and basically any team with a mage can tunnel paladins.
This is true - I am however saying that with the nerf to PoM they now have to cast way more, and casting makes them go OOM faster than any other healer.

When you see a warrior defending the class that hates him the most something is going on :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostBraindance, on 08 October 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

This is true - I am however saying that with the nerf to PoM they now have to cast way more, and casting makes them go OOM faster than any other healer.

When you see a warrior defending the class that hates him the most something is going on :)

I'm completely fine with their mana being buffed, at the same time I think drinking should be nerfed by 50% in arena or something because other then priests, no one ever runs out of mana.

View PostYarmyxx, on 08 October 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

u can get a stun every 30 secs by using it from the other side of the map too but u dont see me qqing about it.

If you're letting a holy paladin sprint across the map youre doing it wrong. There is a big difference between a paladin sprinting(45 second cd) across the map, putting himself in a terrible position, and a priest moving across the map at mount speed while invisible.

Edited by Radejjj, 08 October 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#28 Italialol

Italialol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2228

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostBraindance, on 07 October 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

You do realize, that if you are to nerf those you would have to buff their healing output, correct?

I'm not sure what healing buffs you talking about .. Paragon's priest just solo healed heroic Garrosh ... Besides Blizz rarely adjust healing based on PvP. Rdruids were shit in Cata PvP, however, in PvE they were great and Blizz didn't do anything to help rdruids in PvP even though a simple implementation of Lifebloom swap glyph would help us immensely and wouldn't affect PvE much if at all.

Stealthed priest should move at reduced speed so that feathers bring him to normal or slightly above average speed.

Edited by Italialol, 08 October 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#29 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostItalialol, on 08 October 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

I'm not sure what healing buffs you talking about .. Paragon's priest just solo healed heroic Garrosh ... Besides Blizz rarely adjust healing based on PvP. Rdruids were shit in Cata PvP, however, in PvE they were great and Blizz didn't do anything to help rdruids in PvP even though a simple implementation of Lifebloom swap glyph would help us immensely and wouldn't affect PvE much if at all.

Stealthed priest should move at reduced speed so that feathers bring him to normal or slightly above average speed.
It is not nearly the same - priest scaling with 8/8 class buffs and 540+ gear is godlike. Both of those conditions are false in pve. Not to mention he was most likely disc which is the strongest PvE spec.

On top of that mana is much more of an issue in pvp than in pve. True, priest healing is strong. However their healing to mana efficiency is the lowest out of any other healer.

Paragon is a 10 men guild - a lot of 10 men have done this in the past and it shows nothing.

It might have been a bug, but bringing back PoM would be a decent, temporary fix. Then you can nerf their cc.

Finally resto druids weren't shit in pvp rofl. In s11 perhaps, in 10 and 9 no.

#30 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 954

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Braindance do you ever get off the forums?

#31 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2468
  • 3v3: 2768
  • 5v5: 2233
  • RBG: 2243
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 08 October 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

In a 150 second interval, a paladin can reliably break 3 fears. 2x bubble + trinket. Game goes longer, you get to break a physical cc, a blind, warrior fear, a stun, scatter, para whatever via bop, you get to break a full silence via aura mastery.

It takes 4 fears to land a full fear on a shaman, 3 on a monk, they can choose to break a stun too.

Druid is the worst but gets compensated by playing spell cleave, leading to a second trinket via mage symbi or ele shaman tremor. They also get a long polymorph immunity through tree form.
Also, any team with a dps shaman breaks your aoe fears. Meanwhile half of the dps classes have a fear break / extra trinket.

Ironically , only healer that eats a full fear is priest considering that it's a statistical improbability to play against a comp without a guy that can purge fear ward. And priest can not break any cc that is already landed without using a trinket as opposed to all other healers. Since this expansion is the instant cc fest, it is more important to be able to break a cc that is already landed but priests have to death blinds, scatters, pom polies, fear ward a warrior fear or a lock howl(which requires fail from their part too). So your getting out of cc depends on doing sick stuff, where as the other healer uses cc break button.

Obviously invis + chastise + fear is overpowered but let's not act like non priest healers don't have the tools to deal with it once it lands. How does priest break other healing classes's unavoidable cc btw? Like a FoJ, bash, ns hex, ns clone, para + monk stun? Coincidentally other healers get to break priest cc.
If I am gonna go oom in first 2 minutes  because I have to spam heal while the other healer is rocking %90 mana bar, I would like to have easy time landing my fears (which will be broken by the enemy team's multiple fear/cc breakers numerous times before I land a full one anyway)
Again, I am not saying invis chastise sprint fear is fine and I am not saying holy priests are terrible or anything but please keep in mind that there is also the other side of the story(when it comes to overall cc breaking and cc landing)

thank you

#32 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostBraindance, on 08 October 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

No it's not after then PoM change and they go oom far, far, far easier than paladins or druids do, on top of melee cleaves and mage/melee teams killing them in microseconds.

What will your mana do when you can't deal with the damage? The amount of games I've ended with 80% mana and no healing cds with someone in my team on the floor is well above 100.

I'm pretty sure most druids and paladins would prefer the healing output of a priest instead of the mana regen we got..

Either way, this is about chastise fear & feathers and most people including priests seem to agree it's dumb as hell so I got nothing to add to that

Didn't see the last part of your post about cleaves killing priests, about that..

Edited by Mirionx, 08 October 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#33 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostMirionx, on 08 October 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure most druids and paladins would prefer the healing output of a priest instead of the mana regen we got.

-What- healing output? It doesn't exist anymore

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#34 Dreamwalkerx

Dreamwalkerx
  • Junkies

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 08 October 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

I'm completely fine with their mana being buffed, at the same time I think drinking should be nerfed by 50% in arena or something because other then priests, no one ever runs out of mana.
ye, if holy priests were allowed to trink in the arena.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 08 October 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

If you're letting a holy paladin sprint across the map youre doing it wrong. There is a big difference between a paladin sprinting(45 second cd) across the map, putting himself in a terrible position, and a priest moving across the map at mount speed while invisible.
what exactly am i doing wrong?ur stun is a ranged instant cc with same cd as fear.

#36 Italialol

Italialol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2228

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostBraindance, on 08 October 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

It is not nearly the same - priest scaling with 8/8 class buffs and 540+ gear is godlike. Both of those conditions are false in pve. Not to mention he was most likely disc which is the strongest PvE spec.

On top of that mana is much more of an issue in pvp than in pve. True, priest healing is strong. However their healing to mana efficiency is the lowest out of any other healer.

Paragon is a 10 men guild - a lot of 10 men have done this in the past and it shows nothing.

It might have been a bug, but bringing back PoM would be a decent, temporary fix. Then you can nerf their cc.

Finally resto druids weren't shit in pvp rofl. In s11 perhaps, in 10 and 9 no.

He was holy, apparently holy got infinite mana in PvE when decently geared.

http://us.battle.net...60436482?page=1

I won't go into Cata rdruid discussion.

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 08 October 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

what exactly am i doing wrong?ur stun is a ranged instant cc with same cd as fear.

idk maybe its the fact that you CANT FUCKING SEE THE PRIEST when he fears!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

if a paladin runs out to hoj that leaves him open to get cc'd endlessly by wizards

when a priest runs out to fear he has 0 penalty because he is stealth running at 80% increased speed

is it really that hard to comprehend?

edit: and arguments like "hey lets keep something absurdly OP in the game because priests mana is bad" makes me cringe. do you people enjoy your game being horrible? i just dont understand.

Edited by xvee, 08 October 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#38 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

View Postxvee, on 08 October 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

idk maybe its the fact that you CANT FUCKING SEE THE PRIEST when he fears!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

if a paladin runs out to hoj that leaves him open to get cc'd endlessly by wizards

when a priest runs out to fear he has 0 penalty because he is stealth running at 80% increased speed

edit: and arguments like "hey lets keep something absurdly OP in the game because priests mana is bad" makes me cringe. do you people enjoy your game being horrible? i just dont understand.

His penalty is getting insta CC'd right after and doing dogshit healing hardly picking someone up (that's the case now, not before, I'll repeat that because you're bound to comeback with something along the lines of "hurr durr u defend priest xD"). Refer to Djans post. Pala can afford to sac someone and run out to HoJ, for example. Obviously it all comes to down of what comp vs what comp it is, player skill (pure example: good feral would typhoon priest as soon as he stealths to fear, bad feral wouldn't) and actual game circumstances, something you can hardly apply theorycrafting to.

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

View Postxvee, on 08 October 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

which part from ''hoj is 40yard range'' u dont get? u can still be in ur pillar and spam hoj the enemy healer on cd.

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostNisslol, on 08 October 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

His penalty is getting insta CC'd right after and doing dogshit healing hardly picking someone up (that's the case now, not before, I'll repeat that because you're bound to comeback with something along the lines of "hurr durr u defend priest xD"). Refer to Djans post. Pala can afford to sac someone and run out to HoJ, for example. Obviously it all comes to down of what comp vs what comp it is, player skill (pure example: good feral would typhoon priest as soon as he stealths to fear, bad feral wouldn't) and actual game circumstances, something you can hardly apply theorycrafting to.

Sac gets purged by any team pretty much instantly (since Paladins don't have a lot of "trash" buffs), but I understand your point.

Anyways I'm not going to argue class mechanics, all I'm saying is, priest Guise PAIRED with Feathers is too strong. Both by themselves are fine. It's when you add the two together that it is just too strong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<