• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1863
  • 3v3: 576
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

So I'm starting to get srs again and I have no clue what to play. Checking EU ladders, hpalas' appearance is really really rare, but apart from that, is there anything that you guys have found remotely interesting?

I only played TSG up to 1.9k (wasnt anything serious, really casual but honestly seemed really easy) and Mage DK Holy Pala up to 2.2k (me and DK without grievous wep).

Is there anything else that ACTUALLY works and is a safe choice for 2.4/2.5? Thanks!

#2 Souki

Souki
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1739
  • 3v3: 2375
  • 5v5: 2089
  • RBG: 2096
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

My favorite is shadowcleave and its working amazing this season when fighting most teams

#3 Stncold

Stncold
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

WLP, Shadowcleave and TSG are what I'd consider best for us this season.

#4 snugglebunny

snugglebunny
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2469
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 2393
  • RBG: 2337

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

KFC seems good, spriest mage pally, MLP

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Beastcleave, turbocleave, kittycleave, kfc are all really good. playing with an enhancement shaman, getting tremor/grounding is the most amazing thing in the world as a Paladin

#6 Stncold

Stncold
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

I personally don't think Beast is that good for us right now, but if people are having success with it past like 1.8k, then good on them.

KFC is fine but I think it's just outclassed by Shadow and TSG. I would personally say WLP is the best right now, not only is it capable of dropping people nearly as fast as TSG does, but it has the added benefit of utility and gateways to help avoid trains and CC spam.

Wizardcleaves are great with anybody right now, so it's hard to count them.

We kind of lucked out this season. We're in a shoddy state, but pretty much every spec we synergize really well with is good right now. You can't really go wrong with any of them.

#7 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I am going to play Holy Paladin/WW Monk/Boomkin the next time I log. Doubt it will be that strong, but it should be fun/gimmicky/original at the same time. By the slight chance it does work, I will let you all know.

Been playing WW/Holy Paladin in 2s, and it is a pretty ridiculous comp with Evil is a Point of View.

#8 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1863
  • 3v3: 576
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

i think lock warrior hpala is what i'll try next indeed.

ive tried holy paladin godcomp, couldnt go above 2250/2300. don't try it if you wanna go high, you're just gonna get outclassed.

sure, hpalas are better than before, but warriors and locks are just too fucking good and they're gonna farm you nonetheless. i also feel that our heals are still weak, okay i'm not full grievious geared or whatever but i have weapon atleast and a few pieces, and i can tell you that i sometimes am spamming my heals with aura mastery and stuff and my partners' hp won't go up; it will be stuck around 40-50% and then they'll die in a blanket-anything on me, together with the smallest instant CC. i just find it extremely easy to fall behind on healing, unless your team manages to output so much pressure that you can actually start denouncing and even CCing properly.

i feel like you can be a god of a holy paladin but if your partners don't output enough pressure (which is not necessarily their fault; see -> lock and warrior) you will end up losing after a while.

i hope i am wrong and it's just a l2p issue from me and/or my team as a whole. that would honestly make me happy, because if it would be once again down to the game's shit balance, well, blizzard would prove itself once again due to its delusional thinking

#9 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Have you considered ele/mage/hpally?

#10 Fugg

Fugg
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

TSG is nice with its pressure, but can be easily outplayed. KFC is good, but i just feel any other KFC with priest healer will beat you. Unless you manage to survive until priest goes oom. Have not played WLP yet but feels strong.

Paly gets into problems when being trained by melees, just because you cannot cast. You can survive it a bit with CDs+ spamming instant heals and sprint but that's it. So you will need peels. CC is almost unavoidable these days with all the instant CC out there, so make good use of your trinket and bubble.
Posted Image

#11 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

basically anything that allows someone else to perform most of the CC for you, as Hpala control is highly limited due to all CC (excluding repentance) being within 20 yards of the paladin and 2 of them having a cast time. 20 yards range + cast time = lots of holy lockouts. dotcleaves work best as mages or locks can perform initial CC while you position yourself closer for chain CC.

#12 talaax

talaax
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1792
  • 3v3: 2176

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

kitty/turbo/kfc/phd

wmp/wlp/mlp

#13 Formon

Formon
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1146

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Tried some warrior mage paladin, felt like a strong combo. Not sure for your desired rating, but worth giving a shot

#14 Brr

Brr
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostOdrareg, on 16 October 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

i think lock warrior hpala is what i'll try next indeed.

ive tried holy paladin godcomp, couldnt go above 2250/2300. don't try it if you wanna go high, you're just gonna get outclassed.

sure, hpalas are better than before, but warriors and locks are just too fucking good and they're gonna farm you nonetheless. i also feel that our heals are still weak, okay i'm not full grievious geared or whatever but i have weapon atleast and a few pieces, and i can tell you that i sometimes am spamming my heals with aura mastery and stuff and my partners' hp won't go up; it will be stuck around 40-50% and then they'll die in a blanket-anything on me, together with the smallest instant CC. i just find it extremely easy to fall behind on healing, unless your team manages to output so much pressure that you can actually start denouncing and even CCing properly.

i feel like you can be a god of a holy paladin but if your partners don't output enough pressure (which is not necessarily their fault; see -> lock and warrior) you will end up losing after a while.

i hope i am wrong and it's just a l2p issue from me and/or my team as a whole. that would honestly make me happy, because if it would be once again down to the game's shit balance, well, blizzard would prove itself once again due to its delusional thinking
im at 11 pieces (5/5 set) grev with best enchants and gems, sitting at 26800 SP no buffs and 24% crit + 18% mastery, i feel like outside CD's like wings/guardian/holy avenger my heals are dog, i feel like we are extremly affected by battle fatigue, more than others, flash of light is just crap, 23k mana for close to 40k non crit, and bearly 30k with MS up its retarded, we also lack mechanics to get out of CC, sacrifice isnt even whort mentioned, thats what makes it even whorst and might limit your chance of succeding in 3v3, paladins used to be the best choice for cleaves, but since they made holy priests so strong no one will take a holy pala over a priest, even last night one of my buddies got back to wow and i asked him to do some 3s (kfc) and he was like ... man i know your good but your class sucks i just dont wanna play with a pala. anyway back on topic, id say turbo is rly nice, you can destroy pretty much everything and you got tremor/grounding/reflect.

#15 Meminho

Meminho
  • Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

The question should not be if holy paladins are viable or not. Throughout time HPs have been either in a really good place or really bad place. And throughout time people have consistantly been getting glad/r1 as HPs. (Except maybe s5? Where u played prot instead of holy). The question is how you can use the strengths a paladin has in order to maximize it's potential. If you figure that out, you get free glad (ofc you need some mechanical skills to back that up).

#16 Souki

Souki
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1739
  • 3v3: 2375
  • 5v5: 2089
  • RBG: 2096
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

I think Holy Paladins are in a good spot atm. Not the best, but were viable. I've been running a lot of Warrior/Lock and RMPaladin and both are super fun. Warrior + caster seems to be working good also.  Me and one of my Warlock buddies are trying to find a legit Mage to run Mage/Lock. Should be fun.

#17 AndrewB

AndrewB

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

Anything with a warrior or a mage... or both.

#18 Holyoracle

Holyoracle
  • Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

Tremor Totem is your best friend.

To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<