• EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

I did not know where to put this, so I chose to put it in the mage forum as it seemed to be like it was one of the most appropriate places to put it :)

Like the title says, what is the best to go for (and why), rmd or rmp?

I am asking this as me and a couple of friends is thinking about playing any of these comps, but not sure what is best.

Basically, what is the difference between these two comps? What makes druids/priests the way to go, anything that helps with choosing between these two healers helps :)

Thanks in advance!

#2 Rtf

Rtf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

Druid healing is weak atm so it's hard to for them to go offensive and abuse CC. Until you get full gear on your druid i'd just play rmp.

#3 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

RMP is surely the comp to pick. Playing with a Priest allows you to do more mistakes and has the feather fear mechanic to land CC, which is quite easy to get. If you play with a Druid, mistakes can be punished quite badly and you surely wish to have a different healer than a resto druid when the opponent team has the pressure. It has to be played really careful and as said before, correct. Getting up a team to work as RMD will take way more time than a RMP for sure.

#4 Alexandrius

Alexandrius

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

I personally believe RMD with soul of the forest will be the best once everyone is full grievous.
Rdruids will have enough healing output from hots to spam clones more often and at .8 second cast times it will be amazing.  It already is actually the only problem is once an rdruid falls behind right now they have a hard time rebounding.  I think RMD is good now but will be amazing later.  Mage burst is good and only going to get better...I did a 92k Icelance in arena this week.

#5 Beariorn

Beariorn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Ive played both from the perspective of the healers as well as the mage this season, and i personally believe that they are both just as good, the play style changes dependent on the type of healer your using, and thus your mage and rogue may feel like one is better then the other. plus with the PoM nerf priests kinda just....well you know.
Twitch.tv/tckz   -RatLeague Mage Play for Funz

"I take this srsly because wow is a srs game."

#6 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2580
  • 3v3: 2959
  • 5v5: 1620
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 06 October 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

RMP is surely the comp to pick. Playing with a Priest allows you to do more mistakes and has the feather fear mechanic to land CC, which is quite easy to get. If you play with a Druid, mistakes can be punished quite badly and you surely wish to have a different healer than a resto druid when the opponent team has the pressure. It has to be played really careful and as said before, correct. Getting up a team to work as RMD will take way more time than a RMP for sure.

not sure about this, when i see jahmili playing rmd, blocking ccs on cd and doesn't give a shit about defensive play.

i also think that rmp is easier to play, but rmd with soul of the forest has so much cc potential, especially for warriors.
I think with full gear rmd might be the best comp in the game

#7 Oohgod

Oohgod
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Mage burst is good and only going to get better...I did a 92k Icelance in arena this week.

Better nerf warriors.

#8 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostAlexandrius, on 06 October 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

I personally believe RMD with soul of the forest will be the best once everyone is full grievous.
Rdruids will have enough healing output from hots to spam clones more often and at .8 second cast times it will be amazing.  It already is actually the only problem is once an rdruid falls behind right now they have a hard time rebounding.  I think RMD is good now but will be amazing later.  Mage burst is good and only going to get better...I did a 92k Icelance in arena this week.
92?i aint buying that sir.

#9 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostIsumi, on 11 October 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

not sure about this, when i see jahmili playing rmd, blocking ccs on cd and doesn't give a shit about defensive play.

Sorry, but you're blind then when you're pulling out this argument. You don't even seem understand what he's doing. He's actually one of the best mages when it comes to defensive play, or how do you think has he gotten that high?

#10 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2580
  • 3v3: 2959
  • 5v5: 1620
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 12 October 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Sorry, but you're blind then when you're pulling out this argument. You don't even seem understand what he's doing. He's actually one of the best mages when it comes to defensive play, or how do you think has he gotten that high?

his really good defensive play is because of his unbelievable agressive gameplay. he just doesn't give the other team a chance to breathe or going offensive at all because they have to peel 24/7. The best defensive of a comp like rmd which hasn't that much healing output of the druid or hybrid offheals, is just playing really offensive. Thats what I mean, never said that jahmillis defensive play is bad or smth like this. His defensive gameplay consists of playing agressive as fuck

#11 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 06 October 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

Please lol.

Edited by Djandawg, 12 October 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#12 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostIsumi, on 12 October 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

his really good defensive play is because of his unbelievable agressive gameplay. he just doesn't give the other team a chance to breathe or going offensive at all because they have to peel 24/7. The best defensive of a comp like rmd which hasn't that much healing output of the druid or hybrid offheals, is just playing really offensive. Thats what I mean, never said that jahmillis defensive play is bad or smth like this. His defensive gameplay consists of playing agressive as fuck

That's just one part of the defensive gameplay. The other one is that he will start to spam polymorph once his team gets into the closest trouble. And all that, including the thigns you mentioned before is what is still called "defensive play", so your first argument of saying that he doesn't give a shit about defensive play is completely false, which was the whole reason for me pointing it out.

View PostDjandawg, on 12 October 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Please lol.

I saw what you wrote before you edited it 500 times and the point is, that not everyone in this forum is a multi gladiator or managed to master his class. And for those who ain't, playing RMP (I wrote that before the PoM fix) might be a better comp since the healing output is/was kinda insane and getting out follow up CC is easier done. Yet again I'm gonna say, that this post and the one before are not meant for amazingly high skilled players, more likely for beginners++. And infact, RMP is more beginner friendly than RMD:

Edited by TteSPORTSDoomsen, 12 October 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#13 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 12 October 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

92?i aint buying that sir.

thats pretty accurate.

seeing some 88ks being thrown around lately it was actually pretty surprising i was like wait did i just ... yeah i did! just wait till full gear comes along i cant wait to see the numbers then.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#14 Karlottey

Karlottey
  • Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

RMP all the way! Holy priests are so strong at the moment or if you want to be super ballsy go disc who goes aggressive like hell (they put out insaaane dps)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<