#1 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hey been a long time since I posted around here, but thought I'd put it out that Star Wars: The Old Republic finally came out with an amazing Arena system.  Only one bracket 4v4.  Teams need guard so 3 DPS 1 healer comps don't work so nobody gets instagibbed.  Leaderboards come out in 2.5 for SWTOR Arena similar to WoWarmory, this month is going to be metric data for the developers to make class changes for a more balanced game and the beginning of Season 1.

There is also a Solo Queue option for Arena which gives you a Solo Rating.  You get paired up with 3 other players.  The matchmaking system works really well, if no tanks or healers are on both sides will pop as 4 DPS, or with tank/healer variations but it will always be evenly matched.  As you get higher in rating you will get paired against other players of similar ratings.

SWTOR sucked it up for a while, really, was on the verge of quitting many times myself but I stuck it out because of the friends I had who played the game.  It's had it's ups and downs but it's finally on par and imo better than any MMO currently available.  SWTOR currently is the most fun I've had since first experiencing Arena back in TBC.

The SWTOR spin on Arena is really amazing as well, it's a best of 3 rounds.  Ever fight a shitty 2200 beastcleave team that barely survived and got a lucky kill on your teammate losing 25 rating?  Beat them 10 times in a row after that to gain only 10 rating of that 25?  Well in this game if you lose a game to a single mistake against a team you are clearly superior to then you can mop the floor with them the next two rounds and gain rating.

There is a 5 minute timelimit on each round, though games hardly go to that.  What happens when the timelimit hits is acid begins to flood the room and once it reaches you then you begin taking a hard hitting dot, and heals have zero effects.  The team that gets the first kill in the acid wins the round.  This is actually really amazing as there is absolutely ZERO turtle comps in SWTOR.  Every game I've played is "Tank, 2 DPS, 1 Healer".  So we have zero turtle comps, zero triple DPS 1 healer comps that blow up a teammate in 2 seconds like 4 DPS in 5's.

I stuck it out with SWTOR because I liked that it was an MMO with lightsabers and guns, I was tired of dungeouns, dragons, elves, dwarves, and that LOTR shit.  I wanted spaceships, lasers, and explosions. Now it has a BETTER Arena system than WoW currently.  You aren't tied to a "team", you just have a personal rating and there will be leaderboards in the next update which hails the beginning of Season 1, and massive balance changes across the board to make Arena fun for every person not just the guys who rolled FOTM.

Check it out, I think if you're tired of WoW, but don't want to give up Arena, do it in SWTOR.
Posted Image

#2 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

That's one of the maps.
Posted Image

#3 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

I did play SWTOR for the first few months it came out, but soon got board with the battlegrounds and got to about level 52 in the pvp system.

Are bounty hunters fun to play still?  The arena system does sound fun.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#4 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

The big question:

what about gear?
I'm not useless, I can be used as a bad example.

#5 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

View Postysnakewoo, on 03 October 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

The big question:

what about gear?

Gear is really easy to get, and there is a bolster to put you on par with everyone while you are in the gearing process.
Posted Image

#6 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostMegatf, on 03 October 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Well in this game if you lose a game to a single mistake against a team you are clearly superior to then you can mop the floor with them the next two rounds and gain rating.

Just when you think no one can top the casualness of league.
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#7 420blazeitlikeBalotelli

420blazeitlikeBalotelli
  • Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

2007 called from a Nokia 3310, they want their ideas back.

#8 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

lol I would love to try swtor again, but their new f2p model is just pathetic... they force you to pay for pretty much every nessessity in the game before you even have a real chance to experience it. I have a lvl 33 on that game and I bought the original game + payed for 5-6 months of game time now they want me to pay 10-15 bucks to buy action bars so that I can actually use all of my abilitys??? lol it's really sad
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014/
the best playlist ever-https://www.youtube....FVT_S-TjfEu-GC2
NEW: best playlist ever 2- http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#9 Tibers

Tibers
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1701
  • 3v3: 2006
  • 5v5: 2223
  • RBG: 1302

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

View Postardnut, on 03 October 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Are bounty hunters fun to play still?  The arena system does sound fun.

Powertechs r are great atm, merc dps ok also.

View PostCreepStatus, on 07 October 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

lol I would love to try swtor again, but their new f2p model is just pathetic... they force you to pay for pretty much every nessessity in the game before you even have a real chance to experience it. I have a lvl 33 on that game and I bought the original game + payed for 5-6 months of game time now they want me to pay 10-15 bucks to buy action bars so that I can actually use all of my abilitys??? lol it's really sad

If you pay subscription everything is free, but you still cant play arenas as f2p player, so you are kind of forced to pay it.

I like swtor arenas also, class balance is ok cept few advanced classes, but its nothing big. There is no facerolling like in some setups in wow. And on top of that they will work on some class balance in patch 2.5 when season 1 starts.  

#10 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Reviving this, as few of us are having a blast on Tomb of Freedon Nadd in EU.

If you're really bored of WoW ( which most of you should be like 3 years back ), then give SWTOR arena a try, it's fucking awesome.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#11 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

Might give this a shot, has me kind of intrigued. They are offering a free month for former subs now too, so it's not like I have much to lose.  Here's hoping they fixed the clunkiness/combat animations, they weren't very fluid before - which is honestly the main reason I enjoy wow PVP so much.

#12 Qtft

Qtft
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • 2v2: 1484

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

Probably would play it still if I knew more people that played. Really enjoyed the SWTOR pvp.
Highest Achieved 2v2: 2214
Highest Achieved 3v3: 2628

"Yeah decent, 100% - Nugzy 2013"

#13 Falcizzle

Falcizzle
  • Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

Actually looks pretty decent, but I'm afraid it's too little too late.

If the barrier of entry was low and didn't require much grind, I'd be interested in checking it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<