Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Actually forgot to mention about VT dispel being nerfed. Why the hell was that removed so it doesn't fear people near you? It's the weakest dispel protection anyway for the amount of effort you have to put through putting it on. What's the point of nerfing it as well? It even still breaks on damage.

Doesn't change much. It'd still be a ridiculous defensive cooldown. Just trinket swap and you're 100% fine then no matter what they're doing to you.

With 8 second cd on dispel, you don't need insane dispel protection on dots anymore. This idea of needing protection for dots (and yes, i play a lock so I'm well aware of the debate and think the penalty is too strong personally) is one that made sense in Cata and doesn't anymore. If someone really uses their 8 second cd dispel to pull your dots off of ONE PERSON then

A. they didn't take them off of everyone
B. cc can now happen at will because dispel is on cd

The rest of the stuff in this thread is interesting conversation and there are things to talk about, but VT dispel protection is more than fine in its current state IMO. You are free to have your own, but that's mine.

i will like more

Sw:p mana costs reduced by 50%
dispersion 90 sec cd
fade 15% damage reduction baseline with the gliph the reduce the cd or increase the duration

and please remove EVERY stupid spell that slow casting speed... we are the only class that has to cast like everything why should be in the game so many spells/poison that slow my casting speed by 30% that can stack with necrotic strike!!! why???

If you are the only class in the game that has to cast 'like everything' then eles and mages would like to have a word with you. Mages are casting bolts for icicles and poly and ring - how many of those are they getting off while trained either? Ele has to cast to actually do any real pressure - dotting and proccing doesn't randomly win games anymore (usually). I agree it should go, but please let's not pretend that casting slows is primarily a spriest issue. =)

#42 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

If you are the only class in the game that has to cast 'like everything' then eles and mages would like to have a word with you. Mages are casting bolts for icicles and poly and ring - how many of those are they getting off while trained either? Ele has to cast to actually do any real pressure - dotting and proccing doesn't randomly win games anymore (usually). I agree it should go, but please let's not pretend that casting slows is primarily a spriest issue. =)

Both mages and eles have 2 diff schools. In case they get locked on one, they can still do some offensive pressure with the other. All sps can do is heal and shield etc when they're locked on shadow. Not to mention how many more ways they have to get melees off of them. Or the mobility that they have in comparison. So really, don't compare the 2. And not to count the fact that mages can do offensive pressure with frostfire bolt and set up without casting. So can eles. Spriests need to cast to set up. See the difference?

Edited by Virent, 02 October 2013 - 05:19 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

With 8 second cd on dispel, you don't need insane dispel protection on dots anymore. This idea of needing protection for dots (and yes, i play a lock so I'm well aware of the debate and think the penalty is too strong personally) is one that made sense in Cata and doesn't anymore. If someone really uses their 8 second cd dispel to pull your dots off of ONE PERSON then

A. they didn't take them off of everyone
B. cc can now happen at will because dispel is on cd

The rest of the stuff in this thread is interesting conversation and there are things to talk about, but VT dispel protection is more than fine in its current state IMO. You are free to have your own, but that's mine.

With the main difference that if you interrupt a frostbolt he is free to sheep which is worse. And ele doesn't have to hard cast anything beyond lightning bolt (and even if you lock him he can still use fire spells), and lava burst during ascendance.

If you pummel an sp he can't do anything + he goes oom while the other two have symbolic mana bars that stay blue forever. So yes, casting slows is primarily a shadow priest issue.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#44 TaKnemdwn

TaKnemdwn
  • Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Anyone crying about void shift from previous seasons is MAD AS FUCK. Read all the arguments and tell me spriest doesn't need ALL and ANY ability to just stay alive.

Kids are acting like they never played against cleaves training SP exclusively 120% of the time, gtfo.

The only thing broken is your logic.

inb4 retards raging.

6 MIN CD

#45 Exumbra

Exumbra

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Make Sw:p be the spell to return mana not VT

#46 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

With the main difference that if you interrupt a frostbolt he is free to sheep which is worse. And ele doesn't have to hard cast anything beyond lightning bolt (and even if you lock him he can still use fire spells), and lava burst during ascendance.

If you pummel an sp he can't do anything + he goes oom while the other two have symbolic mana bars that stay blue forever. So yes, casting slows is primarily a shadow priest issue.

The mana issue is a whole other thing - I hate that no one else ooms and you'll get no argument from me.

But let's not pretend that spriests have one school of magic. Lock shadow, free to cast heals. Lock fire, free to cast lightning bolt or heal. Lock frost, free to poly. No one sits around with a thumb up their ass.

I just don't get this idea that an ele has an easier time getting melee off him than a priest - I'd say it's pretty equal. I know priests get trained and it's rough. Doesn't mean that casting slows don't affect other classes a lot - that's a ridiculous argument.

#47 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Both mages and eles have 2 diff schools. In case they get locked on one, they can still do some offensive pressure with the other. All sps can do is heal and shield etc when they're locked on shadow. Not to mention how many more ways they have to get melees off of them. Or the mobility that they have in comparison. So really, don't compare the 2. And not to count the fact that mages can do offensive pressure with frostfire bolt and set up without casting. So can eles. Spriests need to cast to set up. See the difference?

See my post above but how do you get the idea that ele can do so much when locked on fire. Shitty lightning bolt spam? It's something but not much. Priest isn't stuck to only healing while locked either - feather, purge, heal, tier 6 talent. For the record, I'm not saying spriests are amazing. But l just don't buy into the idea that casting slows are so much worse for them.

#48 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/1/.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

PoM nerf/hotfix probably hurt shadow more than holy priests too :P

this

#49 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:06 AM

Nothing, just needs other classes to be toned down. Priests are still pretty strong, and still do a ridiculous amount damage when not getting ass-fucked by warriors.

#50 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Anyone crying about void shift from previous seasons is MAD AS FUCK. Read all the arguments and tell me spriest doesn't need ALL and ANY ability to just stay alive.

Kids are acting like they never played against cleaves training SP exclusively 120% of the time, gtfo.

The only thing broken is your logic.

inb4 retards raging.

6 MIN CD

SPs need it for themselves but they don't need it for their teammates, a long CD doesn't really justify it

#51 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Apples to oranges, mages can't off heal their team mates. Unless symbiosis but that is a different monster all together. Ele can off heal, but can not do all the xtra stuff to hlp out, pom/sheilds.

Ur trying to argue tool kits and ur argument makes no sense.
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#52 Konfu

Konfu
  • Junkies

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

Ele can off heal, but can not do all the xtra stuff to hlp out, pom/sheilds.

pom/shield are heals, just dispelable...

OK now on a serious note, slow casting effects DoT ticks in the same way Haste does. So 30% reduction is more then we get from 25% haste we now have (~8200 rating) from 3 tiers of gear progression. One skills nagetes more then all our haste (that we gem and regorge), seems unfair. Add to that MD, MB, VT and MF (!!) cast times, and... not fun at all.

#53 Hadez

Hadez
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Give back 15% dmg reduction to shadowform since the dmg we take from casters is out of control. Maybe make MD more enjoyable again (reduce cast time /cd or mana cost). Apart from that give it some time and wait for full gear before judging about dmg or survivability.

#54 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

pom/shield are heals, just dispelable...

OK now on a serious note, slow casting effects DoT ticks in the same way Haste does. So 30% reduction is more then we get from 25% haste we now have (~8200 rating) from 3 tiers of gear progression. One skills nagetes more then all our haste (that we gem and regorge), seems unfair. Add to that MD, MB, VT and MF (!!) cast times, and... not fun at all.

Still my point stands as is. I do however agree with the cast slows, we have enough interrupts in game as is and getting rid of some of these could be step 1 towards making ALL casters cast again.
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#55 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

See my post above but how do you get the idea that ele can do so much when locked on fire. Shitty lightning bolt spam? It's something but not much. Priest isn't stuck to only healing while locked either - feather, purge, heal, tier 6 talent. For the record, I'm not saying spriests are amazing. But l just don't buy into the idea that casting slows are so much worse for them.

Both classes can use CC when they're locked on fire/frost. All I can do is spam heals for 15k each global. And yes, dispel as well. But dispel is usually not my biggest concern when I'm about to die. And it usually is not my biggest concern when I want someone to be dead either. But that depends.

Edited by Virent, 03 October 2013 - 08:26 AM.

Posted Image

#56 Friedkitteh

Friedkitteh
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

I still think SPs are fine o_O Shatterplay rapes imo :mage: :priest: :shaman: <3
Just be friends pls <3

#57 Yuiiuo

Yuiiuo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1712

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

hey friedkitteh can you explaine me what are you doing as shatter against every warrior comps to rape them? i'm near to skip this season as shadow please explaine me!!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3
i promise i will rep you xD

#58 Sicminded

Sicminded
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1620
  • 3v3: 1992
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationDirty jersey

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

EVERY single time blizzard posts patch notes I goto the priest section hoping to see that the shadowpriests gods have let their light shine on us. but all I see are nerfs and Pve changes. Blizzard there is a definite problem with us being locked down or locked out. There's no question about it! No if's ands or but's.. You guys are either not paying attention or completely oblivious..

Read our post. Look at what people have said.. Look at how many people have posted on this thread.
Either that or somebody here at arenajunkies should Bring it to their attention.

US-tichondrius Horde

Simplerule 90 Undead Shadowpriest

#59 Owslend

Owslend
  • Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

hey friedkitteh can you explaine me what are you doing as shatter against every warrior comps to rape them? i'm near to skip this season as shadow please explaine me!!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3
i promise i will rep you xD

Force him to focus you most of the fight, fear him so he waste berserker root him, disperse oif he pops recklessness flag, only disarm him when he heroic leaps into group to shockwave etc. You are still dependant on your dps mate anyways but you can counter his pressure well. You can't completely counter a warrior based on SP design(same goes for ele shaman). Rooting him on pillars is good too, forced to intervene or eat the root.

#60 Owslend

Owslend
  • Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Give back 15% dmg reduction to shadowform since the dmg we take from casters is out of control. Maybe make MD more enjoyable again (reduce cast time /cd or mana cost). Apart from that give it some time and wait for full gear before judging about dmg or survivability.

I wouldn't give them 15% passive but a 30% damage reduction ability with a 1.5 cd or so wouldn't be bad for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<