• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Would like to see the dispersion from early wotlk beta maybe get a 2nd look at. (Use to regen the same amount of health as mana)

Problem is thought that atm you just rely on dispersion to survive. As soon as you use dispersion, you can be a potential free kill.
Posted Image

#22 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Maybe let them cast while running? Or give them some sort of self aura mastery for mindflay and vt on a 2 min cd. I tried warr/spriest/Rsham last night and we capped out at 2k. I couldn't peel for them enough against cleaves for him to do any damage. Even with stormbolt and shockwave. I think insanity dmg is good but they need to buff other dmg. Maybe give a cd that similar to how thorns used to be but let it do shadow dmg. So if they are trained they are still doing dmg.

I can already see this being amazing vs certain classes that have slice and dice up 24/7 and dual wield attack every 0.9 sec with both weps.

#23 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Whoa. Some of you guys are jaded or high.

hard to distinguish... its really as simple as letting us use our level 87 ability Void Shift in arenas... I mean...

Still the only class/spec that can't...

Yeah, gg.

You don't seem to remember god comp do you? Lemme jog your memory:

You're training the mage using every cooldown you have to get them low through the druid and spriests healing, you finally get him to block one. Ok, we're doing good, just one more block to go and we can score a kill. Oh shit we're getting low and my druid is trapped, MD trap super fast and start spamming heals to turn on god mode. Meaninglessly swap to priest because there's no way you could ever force disperse without every cooldown up. Get back on mage and somehow get lucky with cross cc and force the second block without cooldowns. Get the mage low again despite him having two healers and being cc'd by three targets. Lifeswap to deny the kill attempt. Get the mage low again, block's again. Snap comes back up. Repeat until you randomly gib someone in a deep.

Now, the whole purpose of that paragraph is to remind you of what the huge "get out of jail free card" that life swap was/is to a lesser extent now. You line everything up perfectly for what should be a kill only to be denied by an instant ability. Life swap is one of those game breaking abilities that needs to be removed along with necrotic strike, smoke bomb, disrupting shout, solar beam, psyfiend, symbiosis... the list continues. At least totemic restoration and readiness are gone now.

#24 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

lifeswap definitely shouldn't be in the game, but maybe it should be replaced by another ability for arena

spriests are just so dumbed down, disperse is the only major defensive cd maybe a buff to the glyph would help us out a lot more

i think disperse was like 1m15 sec a few xpacs ago.. but its 2minutes now for some reason
Posted Image

#25 aleksiy

aleksiy

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

What do you think about making life swap only useable below 30% for shadow. Shadow gets another defensive thats not op.

#26 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

lifeswap definitely shouldn't be in the game, but maybe it should be replaced by another ability for arena

spriests are just so dumbed down, disperse is the only major defensive cd maybe a buff to the glyph would help us out a lot more

i think disperse was like 1m15 sec a few xpacs ago.. but its 2minutes now for some reason

This kind of thinking is what is making the game horrible though. People don't need semi-good short cooldown defensives. What we need is long cooldown defensives that make a difference, but don't completely remove the possibility of dying. A 75s disperse would just make switching against spriest teams completely nonviable, which is the case in a lot of comps. Switches resulting in kills is kind of a rare thing now.

#27 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Actually forgot to mention about VT dispel being nerfed. Why the hell was that removed so it doesn't fear people near you? It's the weakest dispel protection anyway for the amount of effort you have to put through putting it on. What's the point of nerfing it as well? It even still breaks on damage.

What do you think about making life swap only useable below 30% for shadow. Shadow gets another defensive thats not op.

Doesn't change much. It'd still be a ridiculous defensive cooldown. Just trinket swap and you're 100% fine then no matter what they're doing to you.

Edited by Virent, 01 October 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Posted Image

#28 the_lobotomizer

the_lobotomizer
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

Hey, I'm a casual player who lurks on this forum, just wanted to throw some ideas out because it is fun to imagine (the reality is that I doubt anything at all will be done for spriest). Feel free to lambaste me!

What if spriest void shift was changed so that it swapped the positions of you and a teammate, but no longer affected health. Causes enemies targetting you to target your swapped ally, and vice versa. Cooldown reduced at least back to 6 min, or less so that it can be alternated with dispersion.

Give a 5% chance to gain shadow orb when hit by melee, 8 second cooldown. Or chance to get free 1 orb psychic horror proc when hit by melee, longer cooldown.

Give spriest a mass confusion spell that causes an enemy to treat allies as enemies and vice versa for 2-4 seconds.

#29 angelownzz

angelownzz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2081

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

in all reality i think Spriests are fairly good against a majority of teams but warriors counter us so bad that we are seemingly useless. two spellreflects, two interrupts, two stunss (most warriors play two stuns unless they are bladestorm). So as good as you make spriests through defensives/offensives when a warrior is on the opposite team with his teammate tunneling damage into you its not going to change much. but just to keep on the same subject ill share a couple changes that i would like (some already mentioned)

Psyfiend baseline ( give us disarm/horror to choose from without using orbs)

Fade 20% damage reduction (to compensate for 15% passive from shadowform) maybe on a 40 sec CD?

Voidshift - leave it the way it is (dont even want this one in the game period)

Vamp Embrace - Baseline the glyph that makes 100% of the damage dealt as healing

Vampiric touch - Can use orbs to put up VT (1 orb per VT (15 sec duration)(also make it shadow/frost ability)

Shadow word Death - Usable at any percentage (still dealing most damage <25%)

Shadow orbs - this can get complicated cause we don't have a burst on demand ability like most classes do but IF we had a CD where we can obtain 3 orbs off the rip then godcomp would be the worst thing that ever happened to this game. Picture a mage and spriest full speed with deepfreeze, frozen orbs, 3 orbs, full silence, another silence and possible a disarm/horror somewhere around there. I mean forget it just leave the game before arenas start.

HOWEVER - what i do think would be nice is this.

2 min CD - Orb Regeneration Spell that gives you 3 orbs over the course of 20 seconds. That way if a warrior is on you,you pop that, put VT up as the orbs come up, sword pain, and hopefully you wont get spell-reflected as often.

Spectral guise - I know!! People hate it. But if they buffed spectral guise to were we stayed stealth for 6 seconds even after the 3 hit bullshit we would be really good.

Tell me what you guys think, this is actually a good thread

#30 Yuiiuo

Yuiiuo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1712

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

i will like more

Sw:p mana costs reduced by 50%
dispersion 90 sec cd
fade 15% damage reduction baseline with the gliph the reduce the cd or increase the duration

and please remove EVERY stupid spell that slow casting speed... we are the only class that has to cast like everything why should be in the game so many spells/poison that slow my casting speed by 30% that can stack with necrotic strike!!! why???

Edited by Yuiiuo, 02 October 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#31 Konfu

Konfu
  • Junkies

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Did you know hunters have a pet that spams -50% casting? Yup, not 30%.

Anyway, SP are very good now, if for some reason we are not the trained target, but that only happens 1 every 10 games or less. And we can shine with our 'utility' and skills (+1 for swd glyph). But the other 9 games out of 10 make you want to [****] *quit the game*.

So yes, we need some kind of anti melee, orb generation on hit seems like a good idea, would also like Dispersion glyph buffed back (to 30-45 sec?). Maybe make inner focus / sanctum glyph into one (makes sence).

We don't need THAT much atm, since damage when free-casting is decent (not warlock/mage level but well... never was), and so is utility and support. Fixing Wariors would be a huge buff in itself, and yes, they are broken and need to be adjusted. Not to mention fear immunity is so 2010.

Another thing that could be brought up is CC, I'm waiting for so many years for Silence to be at the level of CS/SL, or some form of spamable CC (Shackle Humanoid yolo!!), BUT what I realy want is all that spamable CC (sheep, warlock fear etc) to be nerfed with a cooldown (or something?), so that we are good by default.

#32 Yuiiuo

Yuiiuo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1712

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Did you know hunters have a pet that spams -50% casting? Yup, not 30%.

is 30% against players and is dispellable with a 10 sec cd. but the point is that this spell should not be in the game and it stacks with necrotic slow so dumb!

Edited by Yuiiuo, 02 October 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#33 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

So yes, we need some kind of anti melee, orb generation on hit seems like a good idea, would also like Dispersion glyph buffed back (to 30-45 sec?). Maybe make inner focus / sanctum glyph into one (makes sence).

That orb idea could actually be really good. It's kind of the same as the elemental shaman one, but would fix quite a lot of the issues sps have.
Posted Image

#34 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

@staph sp were good until 5.1

They were OP all of S12 and then they were good in S13

#35 Freshlemons7474

Freshlemons7474
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/1/2/0/.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

i played spriest for the first time yesterday and i got 1850 with no bumps (huge bragging rights i know)

i feel like the way they do damage is fine.

i dont agree with the damage increase on DP, because a buff to DP combined with the "another way to get orb" suggestion would make shadow priest a insane class.

i agree with #3 with the way SP get tunneled right now.

#4 i dont agree with. MD can get its job done as is.

i strongly agree with the VE change though, it is an awful defensive, VE combined with DP and trinket will barley move your health while tunneled, and that includes the healing from DP alone also. its just a clunky all around ability.

your last suggestion would just make sp into a bursty warlock imo.

#36 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

what r u guys smoking

#37 Gaates

Gaates
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1809

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

i just want one season where im jesus :(

ok fair enough, i think for next expansion psyfiend needs to be removed or reworked, the main aim of that point was the anti melee thing. I do think we need some form of casting though when we have a melee or two melee on us with 2/4 interrupts + stuns, altho i think mana on swp would go a long way towards this tbh

That was pretty obvious from your ideas.
Why does everyone want their class/spec to have 10 abilities from other classes/specs?

Highest Achieved Rating (3v3): 2222
Highest Achieved Rating (2v2): 2040

#38 Wyoryn

Wyoryn
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kult der Verdammten
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1120
  • 3v3: 1201
  • RBG: 1661

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

The problem is not the shadow, but the amount of counters against shadows.
With all these spell reflects, kicks and stuns especially the melees have it's almost impossible to cast for a shadow. Blizzard should nerf these and not (over)buff shadows.
Many classes wouldn't aura masteries and so many instants, if the amount of posibilities to stop a cast had not increased so much over time.

But I would give shadows more manareg., when they get hit by crits etc, I mean this ability which they had in cata, so that they don't get oom while trained.

#39 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

With all these spell reflects, kicks and stuns especially the melees have it's almost impossible to cast for a shadow. Blizzard should nerf these and not (over)buff shadows.
Many classes wouldn't aura masteries and so many instants, if the amount of posibilities to stop a cast had not increased so much over time.

But I would give shadows more manareg., when they get hit by crits etc, I mean this ability which they had in cata, so that they don't get oom while trained.

Very few people here are asking for over buffs. Warriors (Rogues are pretty close as well) on their own can completely prevent us from playing the game atm, not to mention if he has a friend to tag team in for a 3rd kick + other interrupts. All most of us are asking for are some qol fixes that would allow us mainly to have another viable defensive cd and a way to get out VTs while were under pressure. I don't think any of these fixes would make us anything more than middle tier in the current state of the game and definitely still behind locks and mages as far as casters are concerned.

Any Spriest can attest that if a TSG/KFC/Beastcleave/etc... is cleaving you atm this game is 0 fun. Pretty much the whole game (the whole 45-90 seconds it lasts til we run out of cds) i'm just complaining to my teammates "I just want to play the game". That's pretty much what we want: to not be a liability to our teammates when there is a warrior or cleave in the arena.

#40 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Have you even seen the recommended changes? Most of them are hardly over-buffing at all, just minor changes.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<