• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hai! Been talking with a few sp friends of mine and pretty much everyone seems to agree that sps right now are just tiresome to even play in PvP with the current state of the game. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to make a topic about what everyone thinks that maybe needs changing or if people think that sps are fine.

1. DP should do more dot damage. The damage it does right now is absolutely laughable for the amount of preparation it needs. It does as much dmg as an instant mind spike. Or at least allow it to be usable more often somehow.

2. Should have another way to get orbs (maybe like a 1-3 min cd which allows you to instantly get all 3 orbs) and spell reflect etc. actually giving orbs. It's retarded how long it takes to get orbs against warrior teams that know what they're doing.

3. Inner Sanctum and Inner Fire should be in the same glyph.

4. MD should probably be 1 sec cast instead of 1.5 sec. But maybe not. Not sure about this one, seeing as it's really nice to pre-md stuff with the current md cast-time.

5. Vampiric Embrace should actually be changed in some way so it's at least a defensive cooldown. Right now, assuming I burst, I'd do 100k healing on the target I need to at best. That's assuming I get to fully burst out without being interrupted for the whole duration and I'm lucky with procs.

6. Fade Glyph should be 15% damage reduction at least. 10% is ok, but it's really too low with the current crap survivability that sps have. And it's not like it's passive or usable while stunned/silenced.

7. Maybe a soul-swap like thing which instantly allows you to dot your target on a 1 min cd. That would make it quite interesting too. Or maybe even make something like that with orbs. Say, 1 orb = 5 seconds of VT/SWP, 2 orbs = 10 seconds, 3 orbs = 15 seconds etc. Just to be able to do more stuff with orbs. Or maybe just scrap all that and allow you to just simply transfer dots from target to target. Say, you have dots on the mage but you want them to be on the rogue so instead you could just transfer them off alongside their remaining duration to the rogue

This is my opinion personally on sps right now. Feel free to agree/disagree with any of the points listed here! Or to just give your opinion on the matter.
Posted Image

#2 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Make Vamp Touch Shadow Frost dmg like mind spike. Its not like it does a significant amount of damage and would at least allow you to do something other than shield/ pom/ dispel for the next 6 seconds while you drop 50% to the cleave your playing. Also will help with mana regen issues.

I love the fade glyph idea but it might be an indirect buff to holy/disc. In its current state 30k+ deep wounds tick turns into a 27k (oh boy!)... 15% might be ok, 20% might be too much. I know no healing priests play with the glyph but giving them a reason to is probably not a great idea.

MD is useless atm, any 1/2 decent team will not allow you to get one off. 1.5 seconds easily turns into 4 seconds against any KFC team. So yeah, something in this department would help.

I like the orb idea but Bliz wants class diversification so no soul swap. Maybe you can use orbs for an instant VT, 5 sec - 1 orb, 10 sec - 2 orb, 15 sec - 3 orb... Any spriest can tell you how miserable mana regulation is atm when you're being trained and this is in no way a big buff.

Vampiric Embrace glyph (50% more healing -5 second duration) changed to something that can actually help would be a pretty good quality of life change. Maybe 100% more healing without the 5 second reduction or 150%-200% with the 5 second reduction + not a holy/disc buff. Its a 3 min cd to those who are unfamiliar and doesn't really help at all atm as op stated.

anyway, just my 2 cents - not like any of this is going to happen

#3 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

make vamp touch and swp both give mana THROUGH shields
orbs are generated through reflects
some form of auramastery
remove disarm from orb count or increase duration of 1 orb
lower mind spike mana cost or make swp kill totems, right now its taking 3 MSs to kill a healing stream and we have no instants that can kill it so gl casting with a melee on you
psyfiend baseline for shadow with a antimelee shit in its place
fade glyph to 15-20%
buff dp damage by 30-40%
some way of getting orbs instantly, like that boomkin thing that gives them both eclipses

add a glyph of silence which decreases cooldown by 21 seconds, duration by 2 seconds but gives it a 6 second lockout if landed on cast (make it a CS)

Edited by mckevrx, 01 October 2013 - 05:34 PM.

twitch.tv/mckevrx - 2.5+ priest play, holy/shadow. may stream again

#4 Sicminded

Sicminded
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2701
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1884
  • LocationDirty jersey

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Shadowpriests need defensive love there's no questions about it. Blizzard needs to wake up.

Have blizzards best shadowpriest play against a hunter ret priest team or a beastcleave/KFC then tell me shadowpriests don't need help in the defensive department.

I've been piping in mmo's since dark age of Camelot way before wow came out.. And trust me there's something wrong here with shadowpriests.
US-tichondrius Horde

Simplerule 90 Undead Shadowpriest

#5 Sicminded

Sicminded
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2701
  • RBG: 1884
  • LocationDirty jersey

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

*PVPING sorry for the typo.
US-tichondrius Horde

Simplerule 90 Undead Shadowpriest

#6 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postmckevrx, on 01 October 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

make vamp touch and swp both give mana THROUGH shields
orbs are generated through reflects
some form of auramastery
remove disarm from orb count or increase duration of 1 orb
lower mind spike mana cost or make swp kill totems, right now its taking 3 MSs to kill a healing stream and we have no instants that can kill it so gl casting with a melee on you
psyfiend baseline for shadow with a antimelee shit in its place
fade glyph to 15-20%
buff dp damage by 30-40%
some way of getting orbs instantly, like that boomkin thing that gives them both eclipses

add a glyph of silence which decreases cooldown by 21 seconds, duration by 2 seconds but gives it a 6 second lockout if landed on cast (make it a CS)

I think spriests having aura mastery, baseline psyfiend and glyph of silence would make spriests really OP. Point is to fix them and make them in line with other casters, not make them better than the rest.

That said, rest could work with adjustments.
Posted Image

#7 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

i just want one season where im jesus :(

ok fair enough, i think for next expansion psyfiend needs to be removed or reworked, the main aim of that point was the anti melee thing. I do think we need some form of casting though when we have a melee or two melee on us with 2/4 interrupts + stuns, altho i think mana on swp would go a long way towards this tbh

#8 Exumbra

Exumbra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Durotan
  • Ruin
  • 2v2: 1728
  • RBG: 2012

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

We pretty much are the same as last season but we didn't see many warriors. Warriors vs shadowpriest is a joke. They have 100% uptime on us and we PERSONALLY can't do shit to stop that. Fear-> B rage, Roots -> Just kidding. Seems like all melee is having a ball training us into the ground. We actually need to be in the backpack to succeed... without partners worth a shit you are doomed in the dog league. The problem how I see it is, while they have all this time to destroy us we are basically locked down. They use reflect on cooldown while maintaining full damage potential -> What the f%!k? Same think with shield wall... all while having the ability to kick you (Disrupting shout and pummel) +  stun.

Now imagine playing versus a warrior + any other melee team that retards at the priest. The amount of shit YOU and YOUR partners need to do to try and get damage out is insane. Reflecting MB no longer gives orbs either does grounding.
By the time you have some damage out your team has probably used more cds to not die than the cleavers.

How can they fix this? There are multiple options but most aren't even put on the table because it would destroy their precious PvE balancing.

-Buff reflective shield to the point where it might make them think about stopping?? even if it is until PW:S is purged.
-Buff Dots so we can actually do damage out of the short windows (taking away from direct damage attacks)
-Introduce a CD based on opponents abilities. (If i'm the only root on the team should warriors be able to break every one? Same issue with fear and berserking rage (but this is also used to generate rage so..?)
-Passive damage reduction / Increase fade glyph and or duration.
-Something to activate when you are stunned or slowed casting (tongues)

All these ideas probably aren't optimal but obviously something needs to change. The only comp I feel that works remotely atm is Godcomp and that requires the mage to legit do EVERYTHING. Peel, set up kills and burst... the works. Feel free to disagree or agree but this is a shitty spot for our spec no matter how you view it.

Edited by Exumbra, 01 October 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#9 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

warriors are fine l2p

#10 Exumbra

Exumbra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Durotan
  • Ruin

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postmckevrx, on 01 October 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

warriors are fine l2p
Nice input you inbred retard. If you re-read my post and think about what this thread is about, you might want to reconsider your response. I highlighted warrior as they are too strong versus shadow and possible solutions for what we "need". Not sure where I stated nerf warriors.

#11 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostExumbra, on 01 October 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Nice input you inbred retard. If you re-read my post and think about what this thread is about, you might want to reconsider your response. I highlighted warrior as they are too strong versus shadow and possible solutions for what we "need". Not sure where I stated nerf warriors.

rofl im trolling dude, i hate warriors as much as you do. read up, i posted my ideas also. I was merely making a jest because whenever anyone mentions warriors on this site 16 of them crawl out of the woodwork, 10/16 of them members saying warriors are fine or l2p and just a gear issue

#12 Exumbra

Exumbra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Durotan
  • Ruin

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

I still want to see blizzard do something to pull us up to par, instead of just balancing damage around PvE situations. I doubt they are going to hit other classes with damage nerfs... So best suggestions would probably be based around those that do not impact altering damage. I like the soul swap idea a lot.

#13 Bakkardi

Bakkardi
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1898
  • 3v3: 1974

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Maybe let them cast while running? Or give them some sort of self aura mastery for mindflay and vt on a 2 min cd. I tried warr/spriest/Rsham last night and we capped out at 2k. I couldn't peel for them enough against cleaves for him to do any damage. Even with stormbolt and shockwave. I think insanity dmg is good but they need to buff other dmg. Maybe give a cd that similar to how thorns used to be but let it do shadow dmg. So if they are trained they are still doing dmg.

#14 Exumbra

Exumbra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Durotan
  • Ruin

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

PoM nerf/hotfix probably hurt shadow more than holy priests too :P

#15 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

honestly after q'ng 200 games of spriest they aren't even as bad as you guys make them out to be, they are just directly countered by almost any warrior team. beastcleave is also beyond retarded when it comes to landing a kill. I have so much fun playing against a wizard team, melee caster healer, etc. There's only 3 spriests in the top 100 3v3 spots, one of them being lord talbadar so it's safe to say we are pretty weak but if they overbuff us and then later nerf other classes , we would be back to the 5.1 gods of arena

Priests aren't bad, warlocks and warriors just got overbuffed leaving very few comps to actually play

Maybe we will see a difference with the new weapon but I doubt the damage will change that much.

We do enough damage to kill something, but our consistent pressure seems very weak because we are so easy to shut down

I doubt they will even change anything, we were OP for almost 2 seasons in a row, just hope they nerf other classes
Posted Image

#16 Bakkardi

Bakkardi
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1898
  • 3v3: 1974

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I think something to counter being trained that isn't cc is a good idea.  You're right, no one wants overlord spriests, but I have always enjoyed playing against spriest when they are decent. Nothing stops any melee from tunneling them into the ground atm.

#17 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

@staph sp were good until 5.1, then they were decent for 2 seasons, not overpowered. and also we got several direct nerfs with this patch so stop talking out of your ass please. also, any caster has fun in a wizardvwizard match, cause no fucking idiot mongoloid immune to every cc melee is on you smashing your face to pieces with his big axe that he got cause he capped to 1400 in 2s playing warrior holy priest and cause of his class and he's playing wls or kfc he is now 2600 in 3s cause he's real good Y O L O

#18 TaKnemdwn

TaKnemdwn
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Whoa. Some of you guys are jaded or high.

hard to distinguish... its really as simple as letting us use our level 87 ability Void Shift in arenas... I mean...

Still the only class/spec that can't...

Yeah, gg.

#19 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostTaKnemdwn, on 01 October 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Whoa. Some of you guys are jaded or high.

hard to distinguish... its really as simple as letting us use our level 87 ability Void Shift in arenas... I mean...

Still the only class/spec that can't...

Yeah, gg.

Void Shift is broken. It should not be usable as a dps spec. Even as holy/disc it's arguable.

View PostBakkardi, on 01 October 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

I think something to counter being trained that isn't cc is a good idea.  You're right, no one wants overlord spriests, but I have always enjoyed playing against spriest when they are decent. Nothing stops any melee from tunneling them into the ground atm.

I agree. But personally, I can't think of what exactly should be done about that without making them OP.

Edited by Virent, 01 October 2013 - 08:42 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Would like to see the dispersion from early wotlk beta maybe get a 2nd look at. (Use to regen the same amount of health as mana)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<