Photo

How to fix our Warrior without going back to 5.2/5.3 state. Feedback and suggestions.

Warrior Feedback OP

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#261 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

yeah, i'm sure all the backpedaling warriors with arena junkies access right now have much better content to post on AJ than people that have been gladiator in real seasons.

Why are you so angry? I understand the frustration of being trained by a warrior but you are going way overboard, especially as a lock with so many helmets .You been through way worse season where warriors were far stronger.

Your class is also strong and one of the premium casters. WLS is a great, if not the best, setup in the game atm. It's not as if locks magically disappeared from competitive ladders because warriors are strong. It's pretentious to act as if warriors are some type of godclass and locks are not.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#262 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

I tell you why. Staying Tich = bigger pool of better players you can play with = more variety of comps/tactic you can try running successfully = higher ladder ranking.

57 out of top 100 US ladder = Tich
3 out of top 100 US ladder = Mal'ganis. And I know those 3 players also play on Tich.

I rest my case.

xream arena and battle tags beg to differ ur case....
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#263 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Why are you so angry? I understand the frustration of being trained by a warrior but you are going way overboard, especially as a lock with so many helmets .You been through way worse season where warriors were far stronger.

Your class is also strong and one of the premium casters. WLS is a great, if not the best, setup in the game atm. It's not as if locks magically disappeared from competitive ladders because warriors are strong. It's pretentious to act as if warriors are some type of godclass and locks are not.

i'm not really mad, it's just this game has been no way enjoyable in mop, i don't even want warriors gutted, just the mobility toned down.

whats the point of playing a game where i have some kid sitting on me for 5mins at a time, nearly impossible to kite, doing more damage than i'm doing, and harder to kill than i am?

it is what it is, it's just every arena game i play has 1 or more warrior sitting on me, and you can always tell when a class is seriously broken when you start seeing 2 of that class+healer popping up as a viable comp.

double dk healer.

double warlock healer.

double warrior healer.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#264 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm not sure if that was mean to attack me???
I just think you guys draw too much attention to ratings when it comes to good content. Convict (the swifty troll) has junkie status from "current' ratings, but you'd have to have one hell of an argument if you assert that he is a more thoughtful poster than the posters with past gladiator title(s).
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#265 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

i'm not really mad, it's just this game has been no way enjoyable in mop, i don't even want warriors gutted, just the mobility toned down.

whats the point of playing a game where i have some kid sitting on me for 5mins at a time, nearly impossible to kite, doing more damage than i'm doing, and harder to kill than i am?

it is what it is, it's just every arena game i play has 1 or more warrior sitting on me, and you can always tell when a class is seriously broken when you start seeing 2 of that class+healer popping up as a viable comp.

double dk healer.

double warlock healer.

double warrior healer.

That is exactly why I said you survived worse seasons, and getting a glad title at the same time.*+

I really feel your pain - however the culprit is the double interrupt and MSR being applied to the warrior. Think of that:

Want mongo damage=skip shockwave and stormbolt, go bloodstorm->leaves you with the double interrupt and charge stun, no other lockdown available; a true, pure dps spec

Want good lockdown=skip bloodstorm, go shockwave and stormbolt->leaves you with a very good lockdown arsenal, but the damage potential is significantly reduced

Want exceptional burst=go avatar+shockwave/bladestorm, skip bolt->leaves you with OK lockdown, supreme burst, but average damage outside of 3 min cds

I am more than confident, that if the double interrupt is fixed, everything will be fine.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#266 YRom

YRom
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Drenden
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1977
  • 3v3: 2038
  • 5v5: 2269
  • RBG: 2049

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Still happening??? That's new to me... srs talk. I haven't heard any of my healer buddies complaining about disrupting shout interrupting thru aura mastery.

Is that why the same moron hot-edited his own post to take out that dumb statement?

You were right, I quit before the hotfix I suppose. I thought it was fixed when I came back but something yesterday led me to believe it was still broken. Just tested it and it is working correctly. Still.. you're fuming, making rage posts about some random "moron" because of video game mechanics. You're an angry little cunt aren't you?

#267 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

That is exactly why I said you survived worse seasons, and getting a glad title at the same time.*+

I really feel your pain - however the culprit is the double interrupt and MSR being applied to the warrior. Think of that:

Want mongo damage=skip shockwave and stormbolt, go bloodstorm->leaves you with the double interrupt and charge stun, no other lockdown available; a true, pure dps spec

Want good lockdown=skip bloodstorm, go shockwave and stormbolt->leaves you with a very good lockdown arsenal, but the damage potential is significantly reduced

Want exceptional burst=go avatar+shockwave/bladestorm, skip bolt->leaves you with OK lockdown, supreme burst, but average damage outside of 3 min cds

I am more than confident, that if the double interrupt is fixed, everything will be fine.

Cannot not + rep someone with brain... He is braindance alright. :0

#268 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

You were right, I quit before the hotfix I suppose. I thought it was fixed when I came back but something yesterday led me to believe it was still broken. Just tested it and it is working correctly. Still.. you're fuming, making rage posts about some random "moron" because of video game mechanics. You're an angry little cunt aren't you?

Next time at least try not to give out false information in a public forum. It's just a quick way to earn the "moron" status here.
Just a piece of advice. I apologize for calling you moron but that statement of yours really caught me off-guard.

#269 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Fear doesn't break when damaged.

I'm fine with having demon soul dots on me in a howl and it not breaking. When a warrior pops his 1 shot macro and I'm 100% in a warrior fear and he hits me like 2-3 times and suddenly I'm 50%-20% and the fear has not broke...

Edited by Icekingx, 07 October 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Best signatures on entire website.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#270 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

I'm not sure if that was mean to attack me???
I just think you guys draw too much attention to ratings when it comes to good content. Convict (the swifty troll) has junkie status from "current' ratings, but you'd have to have one hell of an argument if you assert that he is a more thoughtful poster than the posters with past gladiator title(s).

You can rest assured Convict isn't getting his access from his current rating at least for now. :P

http://us.battle.net...Cónvict/pvp#bgs

#271 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

You can rest assured Convict isn't getting his access from his current rating at least for now. :P

http://us.battle.net...Cónvict/pvp#bgs

how the fuck do you play 700+ games in such a short period of time holy shit

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#272 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

I'm fine with having demon soul dots on me in a howl and it not breaking. When a warrior pops his 1 shot macro and I'm 100% in a warrior fear and he hits me like 2-3 times and suddenly I'm 50%-20% and the fear has not broke...

This is a problem with all fears IMO. It isn't that a warlock dots are the problem for his fear or even the priest dots from his. But when you sit a fear from any of the classes that can do so and get your facemelted in WHILE FEARED by a dk/war/shaman/mage/rogue/etc is dumb. The damage threshold was meant to allow dots to tick without breaking fear, not to let the players use it to continue the instant cc chain fest on one target while tunneling it into the ground.

#273 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

idk man, it's like impossible to tunnel with gladiatorlosa, also the reason it's better than text based addons is because the human brain reacts much faster to sound than light, if you see "mage casting poly" you know to mass reflect instantly, if they fake it just swap to them.

it's just much easier to play the game with the addon, it isn't really a warrior only problem but it helps melee cleavers a LOT, they can freely tunnel 1 target while still having good awareness.

If your tunneling mindlessly, then the addon wont help you, I tried it out to see what the hype was, it doesnt give me any information that i already could find out, sure it was nice for abilities that dont have huge visual effects, but its not even that good. You paint it out like its some super awesome addon but its ok, It will help new players get the hang of things but thats about it. for more experienced players it might be nice to use if you were being lazy and capping 2s without skype maybe.

All in all, Its not as good as you make it sound. Even though it gives you information if you cant process that info correctly it doesnt't do you any good

#274 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

If your tunneling mindlessly, then the addon wont help you, I tried it out to see what the hype was, it doesnt give me any information that i already could find out, sure it was nice for abilities that dont have huge visual effects, but its not even that good. You paint it out like its some super awesome addon but its ok, It will help new players get the hang of things but thats about it. for more experienced players it might be nice to use if you were being lazy and capping 2s without skype maybe.

All in all, Its not as good as you make it sound. Even though it gives you information if you cant process that info correctly it doesnt't do you any good

what is there to process? it removes you having to watch for spells and lets you try to reflect anything you want, it's a pretty major addon, it doesn't do much for someone thats already a gladiator but it's very nice for cleavers with bad awareness in the 2k-2200 bracket.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#275 Mantra

Mantra
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1458
  • 3v3: 1279

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

what is there to process? it removes you having to watch for spells and lets you try to reflect anything you want, it's a pretty major addon, it doesn't do much for someone thats already a gladiator but it's very nice for cleavers with bad awareness in the 2k-2200 bracket.

that add-on has been out forever(so i doubt thats what made warriors suddenly reflect more) i got it also to try it out but it just got annoying it calls out stuff being cast but it doesn't tell you who its cast on or anything like that so its decent but its not a game changer.... the thing that makes reflects better like said before is the no delay on weapon swaps and such as well as you don't have to switch to a 1 handed while dpsing so you can use it while putting pressure... gets more people to use it when they didn't in the past

#276 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

.... What is there to process? How about the fact that it only calls out say a poly or cyclone, it doesn't say, cylone being cast at you reflect now or cyclone being cst at your healer, intervene and MSR to stop it, Again your acting as though this addon Is playing the game for them, If your not very aware of situations it will help, but its not making people reflect more then before, as been mentioned this addon has been around for awhile and the only reason its a "Issue" is because wars don need a shield to reflect anymore, so faster reflects to to no longer have a lag is the cause of it. Not some silly addon.

If you have terrible awareness this addon only oes so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<