• Curse Sites
Help

How to fix our Warrior without going back to 5.2/5.3 state. Feedback and suggestions.

Warrior Feedback OP

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#1 AboikoS

AboikoS
  • Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

I really didnt see anything incredibly overpowered with Warriors when i played on PTR. Maybe its because of Grievous gear or maybe its because of FOTM rerollers which came back to theirs Warrior after few months break (5.2&5.3) and now arenas are full of Warriors because of them. But the fact is that Warriors are a bit too strong at the moment, everyone should agree and the goal is to reduce their strengh while not (as the title says) going back to underground and make the class unfun.

Since intervene and Bladestorm buffs, Warriors toolkit against casters has increased by a lot and defensive stance with the current Resilience everyone should agree, is a little bit too much my goal is to reduce Warrior vs Caster power.

So here are my suggestions:

1. Defensive Stance reduced to 20% damage reduction.

- We all remeber how 15% def stance completely destroyed us, this change shouldnt be huge and just slightly reduce its power. Although with Grievous gear damage will rise but i think it'll be still a little bit too much.

2. Battle Stance now gives 5% damage reduction.

- Minor change, i think 10% would be too much and this should at least give something usefull in Battle Stance outside of some more rage (which isnt that much).

3. Bladestorm damage for Arms reduced to 150% wep dmg.

- Everyone agree that bladestorm hits too hard atm. and it isnt just a mongo skill working on low rating. It would still be viable in some comps and especially BG's but not as powerfull as now.

4. Stormbolt removed and baked to Prot as baseline (increase stun duration to 5 seconds).
And something nice has been given for its place, maybe something passive?

- I know i know...with this change Bladestorm would be worthless again, because picking it we would be left without any CC except shitty Fear. But it also depends on what the new skill would be + Stormbolt is such a annyoing and Overpowered thing combined with Disrupting shout and shockwave...and Fear...and uptime...and Pummel...and charge...and.............teammates? No lives for casters with it ;3

5. Bloodbath gives 35% additional damage as bleed from special attacks up from 30%.

- To make it still viable, many people like it because its kinda like a sustained damage CD, not a boring one-shot thing with endless CD. Bladestorm would still be viable with this change i think.

6. Warbringer now also interuppts spellcasting on Main target (does not work with Glyph of Blitz and does not silence them in any magic school). Still Juggernaut 100% pickup.

- Pick Warbringer and loose interrupt from charge which is half of charge's uses...how stupid you should be to do that?

7. Safeguard completely reworked.

- Its useless with intervene change.

8. Disrupting Shout now costs 10/15 rage.

- I shouldnt explain this.

9. Increase health pool of Banners by 200%.

- Im killing them on MS crit or even AA crit + Mastery proc

At the first look, they arent looking like a serious nerfs. But if you are/ask any experianced Warrior, he'll tell you that this would even overnerf Warriors in Warrior vs Caster fights. Oh god, good we have 2 reflects ;3

So these changes:
- Would reduce Warrior Bladestorm/Stormbolt/Disrupting shout power vs Casters which is only thing what we need. Because when you can just Bladestorm out of snares and rolfstomp Caster's faces, then Interrupt them with Pummel, then with Disrupting Shout (or even during Bladestorm, because its a shout), then stun them with Storm Bolt, then you can reflect a Fear/Poly from you or you teammate. Even on first look it looks overpowered...

- Slightly reduce overall survivability (dont look at the Battle Stance buff, you will still see only Def Stance campers.)

- Make Warbringer viable (theoretically).

So i think with this few nerfs, warriors would become again quiet Balanced, i will not be suprised if they nerf Deep Wounds, but i'd also like to have Execute, a EXECUTE again! 30k crits with finisher isnt fine ;3...

I dont think our damage should be touched, its everything that keep me playing me Warrior, why? Becuase after 2 years, i finally feel like a Warrior again!

#2 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

THE FUCKING PATCH HAS BEEN OUT A WEEK.

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP MAKING RETARDED CRYBABY THREADS ABOUT WARRIORS OR ANY OTHER CLASS UNTIL GEAR IS OUT AND THERE IS ENOUGH DATA TO SUPPORT WHATEVER CHANGES PEOPLE WANT TO SEE...
Posted Image

#3 Ilidio

Ilidio
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

RAWR RAWR RAWR

RAWR
Posted Image

#4 Caeser

Caeser
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/0/1/0
  • LocationGainesville, Texas

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Please stop posting. What warriors need is more like a revamp, not these silly nerfs you're suggesting that would just neuter the class.

I swear to god, the only season since the first season that warriors are actually a competitive pick and everyone starts shitting bricks.

#5 Xaderfos

Xaderfos
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 576

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostThugjitsu, on 23 September 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP MAKING RETARDED CRYBABY THREADS ABOUT WARRIORS OR ANY OTHER CLASS UNTIL GEAR IS OUT AND THERE IS ENOUGH DATA TO SUPPORT WHATEVER CHANGES PEOPLE WANT TO SEE...

You have a point but i don't think many ppl qq about warrior dmg but for their control and mobility combined with the dmg.

Grevious gear won't change anything regarding that.If anything it will increase warrior dmg.

But i have to agree that its too early to judge

#6 Murqa

Murqa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwolf
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/1/1/0/2

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostAboikoS, on 23 September 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

zip

1. Wont happen, PvE.
2. Wont happen, PvE.
5. Wont happen, PvE.

#7 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1707
  • 3v3: 2354
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostXaderfos, on 23 September 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

You have a point but i don't think many ppl qq about warrior dmg but for their control and mobility combined with the dmg.

Grevious gear won't change anything regarding that.If anything it will increase warrior dmg.

But i have to agree that its too early to judge

Yes, it will increase warrior dmg but warriors scale a bit less from gear than others so it will balance things around

#8 aiba

aiba
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2428

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

they do not need fixing. you dev wannabe

#9 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Why do so many retards post shit like this?

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#10 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostThugjitsu, on 23 September 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Omg this... plus the op's suggestions are pretty much horrible
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#11 Swack

Swack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 3071
  • 5v5: 2728
  • RBG: 2725

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostHektiik, on 23 September 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Why do so many retards post shit like this?

Because the requirements for access to this site is way too low, you get loads of clueless people posting useless shit.

#12 wraithaur

wraithaur
  • Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

welcome to fail town. Population you.

1 bloody week into see and people are crying. They need a good punch in the face so they have something real to cry about

#13 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

In s9, warriors could pop cds, leap you for 80k shockwave for 120k and kill you.
In s12, warriors could build stacks, swap and 1 shot you in a warbringer off stun DR? with reck.
In s14, warriors feel like warriors again for the first time since s7 (as a healer).  ferals feel like ferals, need a tiny buff somewhere maybe.  hunters are still gay as fuck but feel like hunters again.

Not sure why you're bitching.  Good post though, would read again if given the chance.
Posted Image

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#14 Snakus

Snakus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

I feel like both my hunter and warrior are super boring to play in MoP, which really makes me miss BTC/WotLK when both of said classes were super fun to play. Right now I can't really be bothered with either class because of how boring tunneling something till it dies is. This seems to be the case for many other classes from what I've heard though, so guess it's a MoP thing in general. The only "nerf" I'd like to see is reduce the power of oneshot macros and stuff, because right now getting a trinket+dancing steel proc, coupled with orc racial and engi glove tinker is a tremendous damage increase that popping banner, reck and avatar makes you a one man army for a while unless heavily peeled. Maybe the the abilities aren't as bad as they seem with all the silly procs you can get though, and that kinda makes me miss everyone playing with battlemaster's.

Also passive defensives like second wind and aspect of the iron hawk / spirit bond aren't interesting at all and only dumb down the classes. Would definitely want to see enraged regen / impending victory and exhilaration buffed because with BF and MS they don't really heal a lot given their cooldowns.

PS. Enjoying my rogue though, seems to be one of the only interesting classes left in the game (only played some BG's, world PvP and 2s with my wife's sp though). I really hope they'll do something to warriors and hunters to make them fun again, I hate to apply PvE rotation from the moment the gates open till something dies. MoP really seems to be the worst expansion to date in that regard, even though I didn't like viper sting carrying my class in TBC, but atleast it felt different.

#15 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gnomeregan
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2429
  • 3v3: 2768
  • 5v5: 672

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

- Pick Warbringer and loose interrupt from charge which is half of charge's uses...how stupid you should be to do that?

Warbringer into pummel with rude glyph = actual lockout + damage buff + root + snare
Posted Image

#16 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • Locationin ur bed

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

i think they should give us back s9 colo smash.

that was very balanced.
wat is dis game

#17 Hateformz

Hateformz

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostHektiik, on 23 September 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

In s9, warriors could pop cds, leap you for 80k shockwave for 120k and kill you.
In s12, warriors could build stacks, swap and 1 shot you in a warbringer off stun DR? with reck.
In s14, warriors feel like warriors again for the first time since s7 (as a healer).  ferals feel like ferals, need a tiny buff somewhere maybe.  hunters are still gay as fuck but feel like hunters again.

Not sure why you're bitching.  Good post though, would read again if given the chance.

uh... wat
Posted Image

#18 Seyna

Seyna
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1812
  • 3v3: 1820
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 953

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Indeed, stop crying, learn to play against them.
people tend to ignore warriors completely, now at least they feel there are warriors in on BG or arena

#19 Owslend

Owslend
  • Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

The way to fix warriors is letting them be as they are now and you guys adjusting to a viable class with nothing op/retarded about them.
the QQ's I've seen here are pretty ridiculous.
1. Spell reflect is a very dumbed down ability that can be countered by any icelance, instant even a windsheer. The fact that we can have 2 is vauable. Is really noticeable especially when a (SHIELD) pops up showing that we just spell reflected.
2. Damage is up to par with other melees now and yes bleeds crit decent when with cd's popped.
3. The Disrupting shout QQ is pretty funny because it has been in game the entire expansion ann all sudden casters complaining about it... That ability is the sole reason bladestorm bloodbath/stormbolt is worth trying. It's called anticipation. Something mediocre players need to learn through out pvping in arena.
4. Warriors now have ways to fight in battle stance and yet it can still be countered via disarms,stuns,roots.
5. I do play casters as well and the only one having trouble with warriors would be ele shaman and shadow priests. It's called counter play. If you guys decided to go double caster healer, you have a high chance on losing vs war this season. It makes sense. Every comp has a weakness. ADAPT.

#20 Mitoo

Mitoo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/1/1/0/2
  • LocationZagreb

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostOwslend, on 24 September 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

The way to fix warriors is letting them be as they are now and you guys adjusting to a viable class with nothing op/retarded about them.
the QQ's I've seen here are pretty ridiculous.
1. Spell reflect is a very dumbed down ability that can be countered by any icelance, instant even a windsheer. The fact that we can have 2 is vauable. Is really noticeable especially when a (SHIELD) pops up showing that we just spell reflected.
2. Damage is up to par with other melees now and yes bleeds crit decent when with cd's popped.
3. The Disrupting shout QQ is pretty funny because it has been in game the entire expansion ann all sudden casters complaining about it... That ability is the sole reason bladestorm bloodbath/stormbolt is worth trying. It's called anticipation. Something mediocre players need to learn through out pvping in arena.
4. Warriors now have ways to fight in battle stance and yet it can still be countered via disarms,stuns,roots.
5. I do play casters as well and the only one having trouble with warriors would be ele shaman and shadow priests. It's called counter play. If you guys decided to go double caster healer, you have a high chance on losing vs war this season. It makes sense. Every comp has a weakness. ADAPT.

agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<