Durok
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

What do you think is the choice to go?
EF is our only hot but in the end you might spam Word of glory / EF and so the hot loses its effectiveness somewhat. Sacred shield is actually quite nice same annoying with the dispell as EF... but for me the absorb is way higher than the hot from EF. 6s recharge and provides an instant shield, so in danger can even be spamed 3 times.
SH on paper it seems quite nice, free holy power and instant heals + stronger heals but not sure if its competitive vs the other 2.

#2 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

selfless healer has been and probably always will be the default choice for most arena comps. at 3 stacks it can crit heal your ally for 200k at times.
EF is a loss of holy power which could have been used for inq or TV. SS would be a close second but only if you are positive that you will get trained hard and the enemy has no purge or spellsteal.
also sacred shield scales with our haste. this means we get the shield more often than 6 seconds.

#3 Durok

Durok
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

i m speaking of holy pala, sry thought i mentioned it

#4 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

I tried SH and the amount of globals you lose for judgments seems gamebreaking since you spend less time actually healing. SS seems abit better than EF even tho it's not that good, im getting 16k absorb every 5.2 seconds. EF hot is just too bad since we lost mastery on it. All in all I found SS best choice vs most comps, I like EF vs dot cleaves since they tend to dot me as well so i won't have to worry about healing myself.

#5 Kionne

Kionne
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 2/1/0/2/2/0

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Sacred shield isn't dispellable by the way (actually, the 6 second shield proc buff is dispellable, but not the source of it). EF and SH are fully dispellable.

SH - makes you lose lots of globals for something that doesn't even compare to a SS or EF up on all your teammates (its the worst talent of the 3, honestly)

Just did some tests on my full tyrannical hpal: SS provides ~6818 HPS, and EF provides ~12373 HPS on yourself and ~6186 HPS on other targets (without any heal reductions, was on open world). The instant healing of EF is also the same as WoG... I was using sacred shield in all situations, but after looking at this EF seems pretty good when you are taking damage, or when you are playing 5v5/RBG where you cant cover everyone with sacred shield.

Just noticed something big too, EF ticks can crit, while SS can not. So go ahead and multiply the EF HPS listed up there with your spell crit. My spell crit atm is at 22.5% (yes, I reforge crit), so 6186 x 1,225 = 7577 average HPS on targets other than yourself, and 12373 x 1,225 = 15156 average HPS on yourself. If on top of that you added the mastery percentage, it would be even better, but they removed it

Mannn, after taking time to look into this, i fell in love with EF

New change on tues: "Eternal Flame's heal-over-time effect is increased by 50% when used on the Paladin (down from 100%)."
~11365 HPS self, down from 15156
After this nerf, and looking into the fact that your EF will not have a 100% uptime and effectiveness (when you wog at 1 or 2 holy powers, the 3hp hot is replaced by a weaker hot, so using non-3hp wogs would reduce effectiveness) I think i will stick with sacred shield

#6 Durok

Durok
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

now that you calculated EF you will see that the selfhot got nerfed :D

i stick to sacred shield. for me it seems way better then EF because i can use it for free on 3 targets and like you said not dispellable. It recharges very fast but i cant get holy power super fast sometimes especially when i got cced. I dont like if i spam EF on the target because i need some burst heal that i waste the hot pretty much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<