Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

I tried your build, and it is indeed really nice. The global cooldown reduction in itself is extremely nice and you feel it immediately. The healing is also much much better, keeping my partners up does feel much easier than before, and mana hasn't been much of an issue.

I am beginning to think Haste/crit/mastery + reforging out of spirit is definitely the way to go.

Thanks Primuz!

#22 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Np dude glad you are liking it. There are not many mistweavers in the community so sharing what little things we can do to make life a bit easier is what we should do.

Yeah the GCD reduction is boss, I forgot to mention that in my earlier post.

The healing is definitely much stronger stacking haste then any other build I have tried.

#23 Hnng

Hnng
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/0/1/1

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

if i had any gold i'd try it out i guess :mellow:

#24 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

Farm it, bum it, buy it. ;)

It doesn't cost that much, 1000g tops. On my server, the gems were about 65g a piece, and then the cost of reforging - so it actually came out to be much less than that. Either way, I strongly recommend you at least try haste out when you can. Makes the otherwise unplayable class at least a little playable. Still some major glaring issues that need to he addressed though before we on an equal footing with some of the other healers.

#25 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

if i had any gold i'd try it out i guess :mellow:

It is worth trying.

The healing is absolutely insane, and so is the mana regen and chi generation. It's not going to make the spec good. Nothing but the devs can do that but it does make it far more playable then it is running a full spirit or crit build.

#26 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for the info Primuz, it's interesting.

FYI the legendary meta gem with haste proc also works, zen sphere can trigger it but jade lightning guarantees it. Not to mention that haste increases its proc rate along with jade spirit and some other things. Btw I had no idea the GCD was affected by haste, I was told they stopped that from cata->mop. Based on your info I'm going to try 3s with 6141 haste, I had it on a 2nd set of gear for rbg testing, and then also throw on the 30% haste proc meta.

Btw here is the haste chart for difference breakpoints, they are PRE-TIGER STANCE:

Posted Image

#27 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Btw haste only really affects ReM, env, soothing in pvp, so it's a risk. Even though dropping 1800 crit for a haste cap only removes 3% crit, it still affects direct heals, and that 1800 haste could be 900 int with gems. Just playing vs a mage, lock, shaman could nullify the whole thing with interrupts and purges. Haste will always have more benefit in rbgs or large groups due to ReM's extra tick, which is at the cost of some uplift nerf. IMO it's still something that needs balance as gear increases, hitting 6141 haste now is a little extreme in 3s but I'll try it. Idk about other MWs here but I gem more and more spirit as the season goes on, because vs some comps you don't have time to drink tea, whether healing through warrior damage or sitting in CC. So I don't consider it an expendable stat yet. Can't edit my last post for some reason.

#28 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Btw haste only really affects ReM, env, soothing in pvp, so it's a risk. Even though dropping 1800 crit for a haste cap only removes 3% crit, it still affects direct heals, and that 1800 haste could be 900 int with gems. Just playing vs a mage, lock, shaman could nullify the whole thing with interrupts and purges. Haste will always have more benefit in rbgs or large groups due to ReM's extra tick, which is at the cost of some uplift nerf. IMO it's still something that needs balance as gear increases, hitting 6141 haste now is a little extreme in 3s but I'll try it. Idk about other MWs here but I gem more and more spirit as the season goes on, because vs some comps you don't have time to drink tea, whether healing through warrior damage or sitting in CC. So I don't consider it an expendable stat yet. Can't edit my last post for some reason.

I am having zero problems with mana. I am actually overkill on mana and finishing games with 20 stacks. I do understand what you say about hots vs. direct heals but 90% of my healing is from Zen, Renewing, Soothing, and Enveloping. I almost never toss spheres anymore, and Surging is only used during TFT.

I really don't need to and haven't had any problems so far against mage teams. It's actually been far easier and I think I can attribute that to the GCD reduction being able to slide faster between soothing/enveloping ect..

I could have stopped at the 2nd Enveloping Mist tick but decided to go for the next renewing mist cap since it was only 700ish haste rating away.

Our direct healing is complete crap, and I just felt gearing for it was a waste of time.

Overall it has been simply amazing in 2s, and I have seen good results in 3s. Need to do more 3s and get some better teammates and I will have a better feel for what I need to tweak.

I can't see myself going back to anything but haste as a main stat however. It just makes soothing + enveloping and renew oh so powerful.

#29 discoepfeand

discoepfeand
  • Premium

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Awesome thread, thanks much for the info! Does haste also affect how quickly you consume Mana tea stacks? Also, if you're not using HSpheres, are you finding yourself getting nature-locked significantly more, or is it something you can play around?

#30 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Awesome thread, thanks much for the info! Does haste also affect how quickly you consume Mana tea stacks? Also, if you're not using HSpheres, are you finding yourself getting nature-locked significantly more, or is it something you can play around?

I don't notice it happening any more then normal but from my experience mages/locks use interrupts for kill attempts at least the good ones. I normally also play around when they use counterspell/spell lock. The GCD reduction on spells makes juking with Soothing much easier.

#31 Eminemqt

Eminemqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

What meta gem?

#32 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Spirit + Crit is your best meta choice.

#33 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

I don't notice it happening any more then normal but from my experience mages/locks use interrupts for kill attempts at least the good ones. I normally also play around when they use counterspell/spell lock. The GCD reduction on spells makes juking with Soothing much easier.

Mana is really a non-issue, and I will confirm that juking with haste is MUCH easier. The GCD reduction is amazing.

#34 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Mana is really a non-issue, and I will confirm that juking with haste is MUCH easier. The GCD reduction is amazing.

Yeah I am not having any issues with mana, and the GCD reduction is probably even more of a benefit then the extra ticks on Enveloping. I feel our CC, group cooldowns, and lack of a instant burst heal not tied to Soothing are the major things holding us back.

#35 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Have we come to a conclusion now?

- Sphere spam or Surging?
- Stat priorities? (Spirit, Crit, haste, Int)
- Zen-Sphere or Chi-Wave?
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#36 Xunae

Xunae
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1636
  • 3v3: 3100
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Have we come to a conclusion now?

- Sphere spam or Surging?
- Stat priorities? (Spirit, Crit, haste, Int)
- Zen-Sphere or Chi-Wave?

- Situational, mostly sphere
- Crit
- Chi wave

xunamate.com

#37 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

- Situational, mostly sphere
- Crit
- Chi wave

Thanks a lot already, would have some more in-depth questions though, if you don't mind. Does this mean you'd also choose crit items over spirit items? Like, for example choose cruelty medaillon over meditation one? Or is this only for reforging/gemming?

Also, when gemming, would it be beneficial to still get socket bonuses? (Aka Int/Crit in red, crit in yellow, crit/spirit in blue) If so, all bonuses? Or only the ones with Int?

And for my last question: Are you still trying to reach certain haste breakpoints when going crit? Or do you ignore them all together?

Sorry for all the questions, I know a lot is personal preferrence and comp-based, I just like to min/max my chars usually. And already thanks for your reply, repped btw.

Edit1: Also, would you have a priority list for me, stat-wise? I was thinking Crit > Int > Spirit > Haste > Mastery, not 100% sure though.

Edit2: When talking about min/maxing, for the rare occassions that any non-dannycarey-MW monk is able to provide melee dps as support, what would be more beneficial to wear in terms of dps-output (and therefore, serpent's zeal/eminence HpS), the caster sword or mace? Aka, 2,6 or 1,6 speed? The average DpS of both weapons is the same, The stats are the same, but the sword has higher starting and ending damage, the mace has more hits per minute (duh). So what would provide more DpS and therefore, HpS too?

#38 Xunae

Xunae
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I go for all socket bonuses since it's not like spirit/int is worthless.

Spirit>crit>mastery>haste as reforges and crit medallion as even if you go oom you would still have plenty of mana teas from chi brew/using chi. It's just personal preference how much spirit you think you'd need.

Also I still go for the enveloping mist extra tick (2348 haste or something?). Probably gonna rethink this with full gear and depending if I play with ele/sp/boomkin

xunamate.com

#39 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

I go for all socket bonuses since it's not like spirit/int is worthless.

Spirit>crit>mastery>haste as reforges and crit medallion as even if you go oom you would still have plenty of mana teas from chi brew/using chi. It's just personal preference how much spirit you think you'd need.

Also I still go for the enveloping mist extra tick (2348 haste or something?). Probably gonna rethink this with full gear and depending if I play with ele/sp/boomkin

Thanks once more. So crit is the go-to stat for gemming, but in terms of item choice and reforging, spirit is still worth more? And if so... why still choosing the crit medaillon then? :/ Sorry for being a nuisance atm, I'd just like to understand the choices people make.

Also, gonna link my 2nd edit from the last post again, since you may not have seen it:

Edit2: When talking about min/maxing, for the rare occassions that any non-dannycarey-MW monk is able to provide melee dps as support, what would be more beneficial to wear in terms of dps-output (and therefore, serpent's zeal/eminence HpS), the caster sword or mace? Aka, 2,6 or 1,6 speed? The average DpS of both weapons is the same, The stats are the same, but the sword has higher starting and ending damage, the mace has more hits per minute (duh). So what would provide more DpS and therefore, HpS too?

#40 Xunae

Xunae
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Because you want most of your gear to be
  • Spirit + Crit
or
  • Spirit + Haste/Mastery reforged into Crit
Theres pretty much no point reforging spirit into haste or mastery imo.
Actually I might have said wrong, crit>spirit>mastery>haste gives out same reforges anyway

Also no idea about the weapons, I dont think theres a noticeable difference in dps whatever you choose

xunamate.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<