stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostUdderly, on 15 September 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

I'm not sure what country you work in, but in the US we are so short on STEM degreed individuals that they get jobs by just showing up.  STEM is by far the best field to get into in the US currently.  I am constantly struggling to find qualified technical folks to hire because there is so much competition from other employers.  It's a sellers market right now - if you're selling your STEM services, lots of us are buying.
What?

Try reading what I wrote and who it was directed to and you'd realize we have the same views.

STEM degrees are in high demand, so when you get done your undergrad, get a job asap (it's relatively easy compared to other degrees).  That's what I am saying.  

Raux is suggesting going back to school for another 2 years and getting your masters, rather than just hopping directly into the workforce.  In most cases that is a poor decision and you won't see any financial gains by doing it.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#42 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

dam can i get a korean qt waifu gf if i finish my math bachelor?
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#43 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  

#44 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

Dude, you're white.  Go anywhere in asia and the girls will be all over you.  We like moviestars over there.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#45 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

nah koreans are racist as fuck

#46 swolenation

swolenation
  • Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

thats because they are a disgusting race

#47 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

well at least they aren't spics . _.

#48 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Spics of Asia. I don't see why you fancy them.
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#49 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

grossly inaccurate

#50 Zoness

Zoness
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostGregoryqt, on 16 September 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

Spics of Asia. I don't see why you fancy them.
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Philippines

#51 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

or like literally all of asia except for south korea, japan and china.

#52 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm jk I want a qt korean too
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#53 RasenganSH

RasenganSH
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

got a massage from a korean girl, my expectations were too high :/

#54 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

View Poststcolbert, on 15 September 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

What?

Try reading what I wrote and who it was directed to and you'd realize we have the same views.

STEM degrees are in high demand, so when you get done your undergrad, get a job asap (it's relatively easy compared to other degrees).  That's what I am saying.  

Raux is suggesting going back to school for another 2 years and getting your masters, rather than just hopping directly into the workforce.  In most cases that is a poor decision and you won't see any financial gains by doing it.

Clearly I need to go back and get them reading skills.  Touche, sir.  =p

#55 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

xD ^^ sir LOL

#56 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

View Poststcolbert, on 15 September 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

What?

OP already said he was going back to school, so what your saying is irrelevant to my initial reply.
i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#57 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

so what about my k gfs

#58 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostRaux, on 17 September 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

OP already said he was going back to school, so what your saying is irrelevant to my initial reply.
And your reply is irrelevant because no school is going to let some kid with an accounting degree jump into a M.Sc, or M.Eng
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#59 hyponikz

hyponikz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostFTRouslan, on 14 September 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

How does work experience compare to an MBA?
First off, a prerequisite for getting an MBA is that you HAVE work experience.  No MBA programs in the top 30(the only programs that produce a sufficient roi) accept students with anything less than 2-3 years of professional experience where 5-6 years is the mean amount of experience for matriculating students.

View PostFTRouslan, on 14 September 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

I've heard recently that financial companies after the 2008 crash are starting to rely less on MBAs and look for entrepreneurs when it comes to employment. What do you think?
Completely false...if by what you are referring to when you say "financial companies" you mean bulge bracket banks, large accounting firms, financial services firms, etc. they all recruit students out of college and masters programs via on-campus recruitment.  Elite business school graduates can basically "write their own ticket" in the financial industry.  Entrepreneurs are definitely NOT sought after in finance.

View PostGregoryqt, on 14 September 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

I graduated in 2009 with math/econ from Stanford. Top of the line. Moved to NY to get a better job opportunity, and got broke within weeks. I studied so hard I didn't even know about the 2008 crash. It was after my parents lost their house, they were nearly homeless. Fucking bank. Not a single dollar in savings.

I started a business, then another, and another. Now I am bored to death, waiting for winter to apply for post-grad. Most likely Yale but idk. I'm 23 btw.

I highly doubt you graduated from Stanford simply based on your spelling of several basic words(ie "refer" not "reffer", "prefer" not "preffer", "terrorists" not "terorists").  Take a picture of your degree with a spoon in the photo or your username written on a piece of paper and I will retract my statement.
  hyponikzbebe/hyponikzbbjr/torquishaxo
Posted Image

#60 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Education

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<