#21 RasenganSH

RasenganSH
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

yea but i never played baseball and i suck at basketball, im only really good in squash :)

#22 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 14 September 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

Running your own business is actually pretty time consuming and stressful, more so then most jobs (I ran a small landscaping company during the summer).  However, most new entrepreneurs fail, and end up losing some capital.

You could probably run your own business with a little reading if you are street smart/competent.  An MBA really isn't needed.  

An MBA just makes you so much more marketable to other companies.

Also investment banking is completely different than accounting...

How does work experience compare to an MBA? I've heard recently that financial companies after the 2008 crash are starting to rely less on MBAs and look for entrepreneurs when it comes to employment. What do you think?
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

#23 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

I don't think it's true.  I think work experience is extremely valuable...more so then an MBA but only when that work experience is in the same field as the job you are applying for.

Like, I wouldn't hire someone as a mergers and acquisitions associate without having some sort of business degree regardless if they were successful running some small company.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#24 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

It's probably why I couldn't get hired. There is no way to get work experience unless you work for free. I had a lot of internship hours, I was payed but not much.

I graduated in 2009 with math/econ from Stanford. Top of the line. Moved to NY to get a better job opportunity, and got broke within weeks. I studied so hard I didn't even know about the 2008 crash. It was after my parents lost their house, they were nearly homeless. Fucking bank. Not a single dollar in savings.

I started a business, then another, and another. Now I am bored to death, waiting for winter to apply for post-grad. Most likely Yale but idk. I'm 23 btw.
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#25 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

damn Turkey has a lot of money. Let's team up my Egyptian friend, and Rouslan and who ever likes money. It's a little bit more than $1000/m for coaching ;)

roughly 3bills each
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#26 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Fuck dude we could make it big

#27 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Now that we've split the money. We have to figure out the plan. We can't just waltz in to their door and demand the money.

We have to move this conversatrion elsewhere, I can't load pages correctly. Someone is obviously trying to ddos me.

Nevermind I was too far from my router.

#28 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostGregoryqt, on 14 September 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

It's probably why I couldn't get hired. There is no way to get work experience unless you work for free. I had a lot of internship hours, I was payed but not much.

I graduated in 2009 with math/econ from Stanford. Top of the line. Moved to NY to get a better job opportunity, and got broke within weeks. I studied so hard I didn't even know about the 2008 crash. It was after my parents lost their house, they were nearly homeless. Fucking bank. Not a single dollar in savings.

I started a business, then another, and another. Now I am bored to death, waiting for winter to apply for post-grad. Most likely Yale but idk. I'm 23 btw.
I graduate from stanford in 2009 too, wuts your name?
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#29 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Try Alumni :)

there was another kid that was 16 and I was 20 not as young or youngest, but very young. I have an uncommon name. Maybe I could pm you my real name one day, but I preffer to stay a nobody at the moment. We graduated in June. Long speeches, no one really gave a shit.

#30 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostRasenganSH, on 14 September 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

yea but i never played baseball and i suck at basketball, im only really good in squash :)

It's football figures. I never really understood the sport. I've played a little bit of squash myself, it's quite enjoyable. I believe squash is harder than retarted football. Need good set of reflexes and such.

But yeah basketball makes roughly the same and baseball is probably third by a margin, but I am not 100% sure. I am not a huge sports fan. I preffer playing over watching.

#31 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

STEM masters. preferably any kind of engineering. basically gives you a free pass to work anywhere in the world at a decent salary.
i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#32 breadstik

breadstik
  • Junkies

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

like mentioned. move to a first world country, enjoy handouts, then do whatever the fuck you want.

#33 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostRaux, on 15 September 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

STEM masters. preferably any kind of engineering. basically gives you a free pass to work anywhere in the world at a decent salary.
Ignore this, horrible advice.You only do a STEM masters if a) you plan on working in academia i.e. getting your PH.D (in which case you should just fast track and skip the masters all together)  b ) you couldn't get a job after you finished your undergrad c) you want to change from one STEM field to another (I very much doubt any university will allow you to apply for STEM masters with a BA/BCOM..)
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#34 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 15 September 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

Ignore this, horrible advice.You only do a STEM masters if a) you plan on working in academia i.e. getting your PH.D (in which case you should just fast track and skip the masters all together)  b ) you couldn't get a job after you finished your undergrad c) you want to change from one STEM field to another (I very much doubt any university will allow you to apply for STEM masters with a BA/BCOM..)

I'm not sure what country you work in, but in the US we are so short on STEM degreed individuals that they get jobs by just showing up.  STEM is by far the best field to get into in the US currently.  I am constantly struggling to find qualified technical folks to hire because there is so much competition from other employers.  It's a sellers market right now - if you're selling your STEM services, lots of us are buying.

#35 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

75k after you graduate ftw. BioChem engi that is.

#36 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostGregoryqt, on 14 September 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

or you can buy my solar panels :) in credit. You can pay me back when you start making $ or w/e is proffitable there, I can preatty much do many things and I am serious when it comes to business.

Look, I can easily go to any Middle Eastern country (assuming your country fits that category) and start something, but no one will want to do business with me because I'm American. Now you need a job? I can give you the oportunity, as long as you run my company in w/e country you live in. Or I can wait and figure another way to make money off terrorists.

Just grow a beard and learn arabic.
Posted Image

#37 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

I've tried, I even look like them a little rofl. Terorists think I am trying to fuck them over :(

Spoiler

#38 RasenganSH

RasenganSH
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

you think knowing arabic could help me if i look for a position in a company with branches in the middle east?

#39 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

nvm for some reason I thought Egyptians spoke Farsi

#40 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostRasenganSH, on 15 September 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

you think knowing arabic could help me if i look for a position in a company with branches in the middle east?

I think that'd be amazing if you are otherwise qualified.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Education

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<