Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Weak heals


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 201
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

We don't even come close to going OOM, so I have started reforging out of spirit. 25% crit, unbuffed so 50% chance to crit holy shock. 17% mastery unbuffed. Healing isn't that bad... Still not going OOM, or even remotely close.

Also, if you guys aren't going Holy Avenger, you are gimping yourselves. 20 seconds of absolutely stupid healing that costs next to no mana the entire cooldown.

#22 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 97
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

View PostMirionx, on 02 October 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

I only go oom vs warrior / caster teams :| 23k flash heals makes me kinda sad

I'm also trying the legendary meta and it does seem decent, it doesn't proc that much but the intellect on it is nice

The legend meta which most people are complaining about is the tanking one. even when used by heals or dps. the blanked 20% dmg reduc with stupid amounts of uptime is game-changing. im considering running a second helm with it (as i cant justify spending the ~2k gold on fmourne AH for the diamonds to replace my capacitance one)

#23 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

View Postoriginalret, on 03 October 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

The legend meta which most people are complaining about is the tanking one. even when used by heals or dps. the blanked 20% dmg reduc with stupid amounts of uptime is game-changing. im considering running a second helm with it (as i cant justify spending the ~2k gold on fmourne AH for the diamonds to replace my capacitance one)

Yes but I've not been targeted in 3s more then 5 times in 100 games so the tanking meta for holy paladins isn't really an option imo, however the healing one is strong enough to drop the extra resil from the tyrannical one

#24

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostMirionx, on 03 October 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

Yes but I've not been targeted in 3s more then 5 times in 100 games so the tanking meta for holy paladins isn't really an option imo, however the healing one is strong enough to drop the extra resil from the tyrannical one

I'm not sure about other paladins, or maybe things are different in EU, but I've been being focus'd a lot in 3s. But maybe with priests seemingly falling off the map after the PoM nerf it wont happen as much, or be easier to manage without having to deal with mass dispel every single game.

Edited by Radejjj, 03 October 2013 - 09:16 AM.


#25 Miluu

Miluu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 51
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2400
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

i really like the 15k fol's, makes me feel happy :) healing warrior mage is kinda impossible ur oom within like 2-3 minutes...:/

Edited by Miluu, 03 October 2013 - 10:02 AM.


#26 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 03 October 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

I'm not sure about other paladins, or maybe things are different in EU, but I've been being focus'd a lot in 3s. But maybe with priests seemingly falling off the map after the PoM nerf it wont happen as much, or be easier to manage without having to deal with mass dispel every single game.

Only comps I've been a target for is RMP really and sometimes WLS does a switch to you but not really more than that.

Priest nerfs should help us but I really hope gear scaling helps us because we do literally 0 healing

View PostMiluu, on 03 October 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

i really like the 15k fol's, makes me feel happy :) healing warrior mage is kinda impossible ur oom within like 2-3 minutes...:/

Implying you get the time to cast against that ;d

#27 JamesDean

JamesDean
  • Members
  • Posts: 154

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostProlifics, on 27 September 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

If u think your heals are dog right now, try being a druid. Full hots ironbark rolling on someone and their hp still dissolving when the other team hasnt even popped cds.
Nonsense like this is why this website has turned into shit..

#28 Miluu

Miluu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 51
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2400
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

i dont think rdruid is as bad as everyone thinks

#29 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 201
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Holy Avenger + Crit reforge/gems + crit PVP trinket + not reforging mastery into spirit is definitely the way to go. If you are having healing troubles, try that. Again, 25% crit unbuffed with 17% mastery unbuffed. And I really can't stress how good Holy Avenger is, not only as a healing cooldown, but as a mana saver.

Let's put it this way...

Holy Paladins only tend to lose mana when the opposing team has cooldowns up, and are putting out very high pressure. This forces you to spam cast heals that aren't overly efficient. Having that one extra counter cooldown where you are barely spending any mana for the 20 seconds it is up can easily save you tons of mana during its duration since the majority of your healing will be coming from Word of Glory, which of course doesn't cost mana at all.

Divine purpose, in theory can also save mana - but it's not there when needed. You can't control when you get procs and thus during moments of intense pressure you could get lucky, but chances are you will need to spam cast those inefficient weak heals, causing you to go lose a bunch of mana you otherwise would not have if you had used Holy Avenger during the burst instead.

Paladins are a cooldown class, and the only cooldown that is better than Holy Avenger is Guardian. Cycling through wings/divine favour/gaurdian and holy avenger not only feels better healing wise, but works more towards the strength of the class.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<