Eminemqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Do any of you rekon there will be any change? I think the mana tea glyph is pretty useless now but I don't know whether to swap it for targeted expulsion or enduring healing spheres. targeted expulsion gives you a little bonus heal on your partner and enduring healing spheres allows your mastery orbs to last for a long time so they will be scattered across the map waiting for your partners to run into them when you're in CC.

For talents I think Chi Wave will still be better than Zen Sphere even with the 15% buff but I think Zen Sphere might be better against dot comps, not too sure.

Ascension or Chi Brew, someone do the maths - not too sure for that one too.

Finally the last tier, Rushing Jade Wind good for RBGs/5s? The tiger for DPS seeing it doesn't break CC now? Or do we keep Chi Torperdo?

#2 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 3v3: 2182
  • RBG: 192

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

From the limited testing I was able to do last night...

Glyph Of Rapid Rolling + Celerity + Chi Torpedo is absolutely rididculous. The amount of ground you can cover is flat out broken IMO, and that is saying something considering how ridiculous Celerity + Torpedo was last patch.

I found mana tea glyph to be pretty useless now. So I really can't imagine anyone using it going forward.

Xuen is nuts and his damage is off the charts. He also seems to be generating a crazy amount of mastery orbs.  If you are going to run Xuen I would definitely go Glyph of Enduring Spheres.  I actually think Glyph of Enduring Spheres is far superior to Glyph Of Expel Harm.

I am not sure if Glyph Of Expel Harm is worth it. It heals teammates for like a 9-10k..

The thing that I was most impressed with was Chi-Brew. It's simply craps over the other two options. I was getting to 20 charges of tea so fast it was ridiculous.

#3 Eminemqt

Eminemqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

Yeah just tried Chi Brew and it seems pretty good, annoying only having a maximum of 4 chi though. Do you think with Enduring Spheres we should reforge to mastery instead of crit now?

Also Chi wave or Zen sphere?

#4 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Not using Chi Brew is like not gemming.  Ascension should be named "Cattle-Brand," cause you will get farmed.

Ring of peace is a valid offensive silence now.  It's still a mongo talent but it's no longer a "pussy mongo" talent.

Xuen is okay, I may be using it to eat traps (although hunters will get wyvern sting), RoPing him wouldn't be a bad idea.

Zen Sphere is great but I don't like using 2x as many gcds for a free heal.

I ditched mana tea glyph for renewing mist.

Detox heals for 2.25% of total health with battle fatigue, it did 2% of my healing in a random bg.  I might drop life cocoon for that in rbgs, it's still free heals.

No one should use mana tea glyph, IMO.  With glyph it triggers GCD.  Without glyph it triggers GCD and you can drink 2 before the GCD ends.  In other words it's the same, except you can't use it on the move, but you can drink multiple stacks at once.  It's a physical cast -- can't be interrupted.

In other news:  keybind crisis.  Get ready for chi brew bind, xuen macros/binds, on-use trinket bind for humans.

edit:  Just want to add that these are huge MW buffs.  Also I'm calling 4 things now:
1) Crit>int after week 5.  I'll use crit medallion and swap for spirit one based on comp.
2) 1/3 less problems with CC due to resil changes, free glyph, and maybe Xuen
3) MW nerfs mid-season, specifically mana
4) Legendary cloak best in slot, even at 512 compared to 522 cloak, granted that it's not nerfed.  I got it yesterday and it currently works in wargames/bgs.  I think 50/50 it won't be nerfed to be unusable.  Blizz talked about nerfing dps cloak procs against players, similarly with ToT dps trinkets that mechanic hasn't worked with healing trinkets nor meta gem since all heals go to players, therefore they'd have to reprogram all cloaks not to function in arena.  In addition, since rdruid and MW will only really benefit from it, it's RPPM and requires haste, and on the basis of Blizz not caring about MW pvp, I don't think Blizz will go out of their way to nerf it until the ladders become absurd.

Edited by Shridevi, 12 September 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#5 drockzo

drockzo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1692
  • 3v3: 2615
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

I personally like using zen sphere because it adds purge protection to enveloping mist against certain teams since renewing mist + stat buff on their own are pretty piss poor at protecting it. But against teams that aren't so purge heavy I'm still rolling with chi wave.

I tried playing with chi brew but it just feels so clunky since I'm not use to it, I guess it'll just have to get accustomed to playing with it.

The xuen pet bar addition is actually really nice, not only can you now eat traps with a move to macro but you also can stop it from mindlessly running behind a pillar to feed the enemy team's lock with free shards like it did all of last patch.

On a completely unrelated note I think that revival nerf feels quite strong (in addition to the battle fatigue buff), I was doing some 3's wargames and it seems to heal for about 120k crit which just doesn't feel like an effective cooldown to top a team mate.

#6 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 3v3: 2182
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostShridevi, on 12 September 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Not using Chi Brew is like not gemming.  Ascension should be named "Cattle-Brand," cause you will get farmed.

Ring of peace is a valid offensive silence now.  It's still a mongo talent but it's no longer a "pussy mongo" talent.

Xuen is okay, I may be using it to eat traps (although hunters will get wyvern sting), RoPing him wouldn't be a bad idea.

Zen Sphere is great but I don't like using 2x as many gcds for a free heal.

I ditched mana tea glyph for renewing mist.

Detox heals for 2.25% of total health with battle fatigue, it did 2% of my healing in a random bg.  I might drop life cocoon for that in rbgs, it's still free heals.

No one should use mana tea glyph, IMO.  With glyph it triggers GCD.  Without glyph it triggers GCD and you can drink 2 before the GCD ends.  In other words it's the same, except you can't use it on the move, but you can drink multiple stacks at once.  It's a physical cast -- can't be interrupted.

In other news:  keybind crisis.  Get ready for chi brew bind, xuen macros/binds, on-use trinket bind for humans.

edit:  Just want to add that these are huge MW buffs.  Also I'm calling 4 things now:
1) Crit>int after week 5.  I'll use crit medallion and swap for spirit one based on comp.
2) 1/3 less problems with CC due to resil changes, free glyph, and maybe Xuen
3) MW nerfs mid-season, specifically mana
4) Legendary cloak best in slot, even at 512 compared to 522 cloak, granted that it's not nerfed.  I got it yesterday and it currently works in wargames/bgs.  I think 50/50 it won't be nerfed to be unusable.  Blizz talked about nerfing dps cloak procs against players, similarly with ToT dps trinkets that mechanic hasn't worked with healing trinkets nor meta gem since all heals go to players, therefore they'd have to reprogram all cloaks not to function in arena.  In addition, since rdruid and MW will only really benefit from it, it's RPPM and requires haste, and on the basis of Blizz not caring about MW pvp, I don't think Blizz will go out of their way to nerf it until the ladders become absurd.

I agree with your post 100%...

I pretty much feel that Zen Sphere is now head and shoulders above chi-wave. It actually feels really strong now. Probably because it's just as effective as it was last patch because of the buff in spite of the BF nerf.  I also think the extra purge protection you get by having it up on the target being trained is nice.

I just feel that it really has made my single target healing far strong.

Mana will get nerfed. It's pretty ridiculous right now, and I am also going spirit/crit completely because int no longer seems worth it.

Ring of Peace is really good now as well for the silence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<