• Curse Sites
Help

Hard to survive Magic dmg! (Mage,Ele,Sp)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dibloo

Dibloo
  • Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Hallo everyone...

I'm still new as retri paladin. but have played it before and do not think I had such a problem with keeping me alive ...

- I play with a Holy priest in 2v2. and some comps that we encounter consists of spellcasters. for example Mage. I can not keep me alive, I got pretty much one shot, and think it's a little weird. (i dont use glyph of devine protection when i faceing spellcasters)
I spend almost all my holy power to heal myself up, although I have a full geared holy priest as 2v2 partner ...

-I have no problem with melee dps. they can damage the very but nothing that can not be healed up.

-if i have any ideas on what I can change, such as glyph, talent or other so are very welcome to come with some information ...

"I HAVE NOT PLAYED PTR SO I DO NOT KNOW HOW THEY ARE IN 5.4 BUT I CAN READ YOU ARE NOT MORE SURVIVAL"

#2 Dibloo

Dibloo
  • Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

Armory paladin:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Sm%C3%B8lf%C3%A8n/simple

#3 Smashnbash

Smashnbash
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2282

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

probably because you have the glyph for 20% physical and magical damage on your divine purpose or w/e the spells called......

I hope you swap that glyph out when you go into casters...

#4 samppax

samppax
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1436
  • 3v3: 1714
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostSmashnbash, on 11 September 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

probably because you have the glyph for 20% physical and magical damage on your divine purpose or w/e the spells called......

I hope you swap that glyph out when you go into casters...

(i dont use glyph of devine protection when i faceing spellcasters)

well read..
But for dibloo, Ur priest is doing something wrong then. With holy, mages not that big problem what ur saying. I think ur partner is playing with death and not eating all cc's ? Also keep look on mages CDs and just get a away when them are up

#5 Dibloo

Dibloo
  • Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thx for it.. i tell him that he is doing something wrong. and hope it will change abit in 5.4 arenas.. :)

#6 Raphner

Raphner
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostDibloo, on 11 September 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Thx for it.. i tell him that he is doing something wrong. and hope it will change abit in 5.4 arenas.. :)

I always do this, works everytime.
Posted Image

#7 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

remember to use dev aura in an opening burst if you are copping some big hits for its magic reduc component.
make use of hand of sac/hand of prot to keep your healer out of CC if their trinket is gone
utilize LOS against casters if your healer is stuck in CC and you cant break them out
have your priest drop a psyfiend if you see their burst fire before yours, keeps them from utilizing their full burst
save your HoJ for after a mage blink. its not hard to force it out of them.
have your priest spec MC/Dominate mind for more CC on their dps during burst uptime. remember dev aura helps them channel it longer by preventing counterspells, etc.
in RARE cases, consider speccing repentence so you can followup control after priest fears (only do this against double deeps and if u plan on juking their initial burst)
consider changing selfless healer for SS (unless you face a mage, spellsteal sucks the big one) or Eternal Glory for the buffed self-hot.
consider unbreakable spirit instead of clemency for more regular access to DP and bubble. you will have less hand spells as a result, but really you shouldnt need more than 1 + ur heals trink + will of the forsaken (i certainly hope your priest buddy is forsaken).
against shad priests, cleanse devouring plague from yourself, or get your priest buddy to wipe it for you (this is more handy than most people think)
try the new bubble glyph, and make sure only to bubble on low health.

im sure at least 1 of these ideas will help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<