Season 13 has ended for NA and soon for EU! There will be a 1 week downtime before Season 14 begins, where players will once again be able to queue arenas for new gear, titles, and more.
For those who missed out on what's happening next season check out the 5.4 Patch Notes here: 5.4 Patch Notes: Siege of Orgrimmar
A brief summary of the major PvP changes:
- Arena Teams are being removed.
- Individual Arena Rating is being added.
- Rank 1 will be top 0.1% of the ladder.
- Arenas are now "region wide."
- Base Resilience has been increased from 65% to 72%.
- New season gear will be available.
- Equipping 2 PvP Trinkets will result in a 10% Damage Reduction taken from players.
- Arenas lasting longer than 15minutes will give a team a buff known as "The Crowd Chooses You." The team with this buff basically wins the match. It is based on the team that has the largest amount of players alive or has brought an enemy player closest to death.
- 2v2 Rating is scaled to be consistent with 3v3.
- Item level ceiling will increase at a rate of 1 item level per week til it reaches a maximum of 512.
- Many individual class changes, check out patch notes to read more.