Help

Few Things to Address

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

Hi
These are just some things that should be looked at imo.

#1-
The front Page
Issue: Self Explanatory- It's far too clustered and shouldn't have so many damn posts
Solution: Make streams only embedded if they choose to click read more. This reduces viewer count, but it is a necessary good because this site has the messiest front page I have ever seen. Drastically change the layout or reduce the number of front page posts. . . by change layout I mean make it a 4 corners layout of the like instead of just a list of posts scrolling down.

The Like/Reputation System
Issue: I want to like more posts
Solutions:
A. Increase Post +rep cap per day
B. Allow the ability to unrep posts, so I can prioritize who I rep in a way that makes sense: the way that people read a thread, which is starting from page 1 and going numerically forward.

Separate GD and ddosing/wintrading/cheating/player insult threads
Issue: Not really an issue, but it is only logical since a good half the threads made are about issues like these. Now, the site is in need of condensing so perhaps you could group all of the above with the battlegroup forums since those two are almost always together. The kind of topic leniency that GD provides makes it impossible to decide of a post SHOULDN'T go in GD. It would just be nice to not have so many threads in GD be about cheating drama for random player x from random bg y.

Deletion/Closing Times/Punishments

Issue: Threads like http://www.arenajunk...20#entry3936469 (abn thread deciding if he is an alien or abn) shouldn't be up for so long. This has been up for the entire day (9 hours at this point) I understand that you guys look for reports before you take action since the moderator:viewer ratio is not in your favor, but this is pretty damn questionable. Nine hours for a thread that blatantly attempts to degrade personas/appearances of a player outside of the game with essentially no warrant except to troll and scrutinize is unacceptable. Posts/threads like these that directly insult another poster without logical warrant should be left to the gutters, which again I realize is directly associated with reports you get from posters. I'm not trying to go super liberal/progressive mode, but it's just logical to expect some decency from a site that is supposed to represent the upper echelon of the WoW pvp community, even though it never indeed happens.

Solution: For this reason, I think stronger punishment should be more enforced to serve as a deterrent. People who purposely attack someone outside of the game whilst behind the pretense of anonymity, should be subject to PERMANENT bans. These are not issues to be taken lightly and make this website and the community look far worse as a whole. I don't know about how difficult the moderator situation is around here, so I'm willing to be open minded, but I would like an answer. In this case, report or not, it's rather stupid that such a thread has prolonged for such an extended period of time considering that it has been plastered on the recent/popular threads on the front page for such an extended period of time.

Also, this whole +rep shit needs to die. It is beyond pointless. It's not clever. It's not funny. They know you liked the damn post by just clicking the +rep button. That being said, this isn't really a moderator issue, but it would be nice if there was some cleaning for this issue.

TL;DR: I have no issue with limited trolling and in some cases prolonged trolling, and I don't want to take the fun away from this site, but these are just some things that I believe have no purpose or need to be changed.  

Thanks in advance
p.s.
is Thaya the only moderator in GD or something? I have no issues with him(her?)whatsoever, but there seems to be a pretty significant shortage, and even though this community is small, moderators are in need all the time because of the lack of decency entailed by most posts.

Edited by ROKMODE, 10 September 2013 - 07:42 AM.

Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#2 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I didn't notice that Abn thread because I rarely check Introductions/2v2/3v3/5v5 sections. I'm actually pushing for their removal, they're irrelevant clutter at this point in time.

However, reports are always being dealt with by all active mods (I've never seen more than 5 unattended reports up at the same time honestly). A thread with personal information or solely a personal attack would definitely be hidden, that is the only rational course of action and I know that all the mods would do exactly that if there was a report.

I don't believe there's a shortage of moderating in General Discussions. I was absent from 28th August until 4th September, leaving GD without any active moderating during the last few weeks of a season. On top of that, even now that I'm back, I intentionally loosen it to allow for end of season drama to unfold. I still hide posts if they're either too much or too little and I will infract for outright namecalling and toxic behavior. This chaos is controlled, don't worry.

There's definitely a shortage of mods though. Literally every other section on the forums needs mods. Feel free to apply, but please don't bother if you have nothing to show - you should at least already be active in the sections you want to moderate. It should be merely a wish to help out, to do something little extra while visiting and actively posting in said section, not a job you work for the status.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#3 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

ty for responding
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<