Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:34. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

"Charity"

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#401 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Sodapoppin and Reckful (and maybe the others) are probably learning valuable skills at how to present themselves, as a public persona or otherwise, and some good business and marketing skills on top of that. Not to mention the social skills involved just in handling their followers. These can be more valuable than an education. Anyone who can't see that, or thinks the popular streamers are fucking themselves over in life by streaming now instead of going to school, either has no life experience or has bought deeply into their parent's 1970's middle class road to a safe income, get married, have kids and kill yourself bullshit. The world is changing faster than the previous generation's concept of success.

have you actually watched sodapoppin's stream at all? rofl

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#402 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Agreed.

On a slightly serious note (and not directed at Thaya because he's cool) because I feel like decent trolling has turned into some morons actually hating these kids:

Anyone able to make a decent living right out of high school doing something they love is in a seriously advantageous position in life... As long as they're smart enough to save some of it if the source of income is volatile (like with streaming).

Even if not - Sodapoppin and Reckful (and maybe the others) are probably learning valuable skills at how to present themselves, as a public persona or otherwise, and some good business and marketing skills on top of that. Not to mention the social skills involved just in handling their followers. These can be more valuable than an education. Anyone who can't see that, or thinks the popular streamers are fucking themselves over in life by streaming now instead of going to school, either has no life experience or has bought deeply into their parent's 1970's middle class road to a safe income, get married, have kids and kill yourself bullshit. The world is changing faster than the previous generation's concept of success.

I wish I had the courage to try and make even a minimum wage streaming myself playing video games. Fortunately I do have a job I enjoy (even though I don't make 6 figures) and maybe sometime in the future I'll have enough credentials that people will actually listen to my advice (but it will probably be out dated and useless by then).

These kids tried to do something good with the tools they had available to them and good on them for that. If you don't like how they did it then you should do better or shut up (or at least be clever and funny in your trolling).

Nice try fooling people into not getting an education. Try this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1566648/

#403 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Why? It makes sense? If you're in a business school like mine for example, I know around where I will land. Probably not by job, but by profession and by salery. There is afterall a reason I am taking a 5 year education.

You never know.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#404 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Nice try fooling people into not getting an education. Try this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1566648/

He lives in the US whereas education and "master's degrees" or whatever is completely useless, only there to fool young students to take student loan just to be in debt forever. Murica.
Posted Image

#405 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

Still a better thread than all the rest.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#406 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

Still a better thread than all the rest.

And for that we thank you.
Posted Image

#407 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

And for that we thank you.

No prob brotha

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#408 GrieverXIII

GrieverXIII
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1561
  • 3v3: 1958
  • 5v5: 862

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

I could just gloat about having more glad titles that you. Either way I rather be me.

Not posting anymore on this thread. See ya'll at blizzcon.

If you can afford it.

I'll keep my money for Woodstock, thanks.

Edited by GrieverZ, 16 September 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#409 hyponikz

hyponikz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

If you can afford it.

lol listen to this fucking chimp...you are pathetic kid.
hyponikzbebe/hyponikzbbjr/torquishaxo
Posted Image

#410 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

you guys are ruthless towards nmp the lord

#411 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

I could just gloat about having more glad titles that you. Either way I rather be me.

If you can afford it.

Sodapoppin's Hotted has spoken!!!! Bow down peasants!!
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#412 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

have you actually watched sodapoppin's stream at all? rofl

Yes. I can't stand him. That doesn't mean he isn't better off for doing what he's doing. I'm also not about to judge him based on what I would do or what options were best for me in life.

He lives in the US whereas education and "master's degrees" or whatever is completely useless, only there to fool young students to take student loan just to be in debt forever. Murica.

Canada actually. I have a bachelor's in Computer Engineering and work at a small start up. However I'm one of the lucky people who had a family capable of paying for my education, which is a kindness I'll be forever grateful. I also didn't have a lot of other options available to me at the time so it was definitely the right, or should I say most obvious, choice. Looking back I wonder if I should have taken a different degree, but I know I would regret not learning some of the things I did.

I hope you enjoyed my life story. Not everyone is me though and I don't attempt to verify the correctness of my choices by roping other people into making the same ones or bashing those who don't. I figure to do so suggests insecurity.

Have you watched this? It turns out that I have.

Poor kids with no options getting poorly educated because of an awful public school system, and likely having their future negatively impacted because of it, is not the same as high school graduates being able to make money doing what they love and putting off education. They can still fuck it up for themselves, but I don't think they have yet.

In other news: I don't know if I respond to trolls seriously because I'm deluded and think a lurker will get something out of it, or because I like having my opinions challenged. In either case I'd like to point out that I'm not defending nmp - his comments here make him sound like an idiot. But it's a forum so I remain optimistic that in person he's a neato guy.
Vadren#1175

#413 hyponikz

hyponikz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

Yes. I can't stand him. That doesn't mean he isn't better off for doing what he's doing. I'm also not about to judge him based on what I would do or what options were best for me in life.

Canada actually. I have a bachelor's in Computer Engineering and work at a small start up. However I'm one of the lucky people who had a family capable of paying for my education, which is a kindness I'll be forever grateful. I also didn't have a lot of other options available to me at the time so it was definitely the right, or should I say most obvious, choice. Looking back I wonder if I should have taken a different degree, but I know I would regret not learning some of the things I did.

I hope you enjoyed my life story. Not everyone is me though and I don't attempt to verify the correctness of my choices by roping other people into making the same ones or bashing those who don't. I figure to do so suggests insecurity.

Have you watched this? It turns out that I have.

Poor kids with no options getting poorly educated because of an awful public school system, and likely having their future negatively impacted because of it, is not the same as high school graduates being able to make money doing what they love and putting off education. They can still fuck it up for themselves, but I don't think they have yet.

In other news: I don't know if I respond to trolls seriously because I'm deluded and think a lurker will get something out of it, or because I like having my opinions challenged. In either case I'd like to point out that I'm not defending nmp - his comments here make him sound like an idiot. But it's a forum so I remain optimistic that in person he's a neato guy.

I can safely say that in person you're probably a faggot.
hyponikzbebe/hyponikzbbjr/torquishaxo
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users