Eveex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hey, i'm currently lvling an alt hunter. And pretty much wonder witch spec is gonna be the best next patch? and witch comp?

#2 Barbecued

Barbecued
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 2244
  • 5v5: 2034
  • RBG: 2000

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

all specs are viable now, mm is a lot of fun, so is surv.. comps depend on what spec you go like HLD you'll have to be surv, mm and bm you can pretty much run the same comps, PHP is still gonna be strong i think, kfc is back, i don't think jungle is gonna be as mongo, beastcleave is still pretty viable as well as phd

#3 Eveex

Eveex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostBarbecued, on 08 September 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

all specs are viable now, mm is a lot of fun, so is surv.. comps depend on what spec you go like HLD you'll have to be surv, mm and bm you can pretty much run the same comps, PHP is still gonna be strong i think, kfc is back, i don't think jungle is gonna be as mongo, beastcleave is still pretty viable as well as phd

Okay thanks for the answare :) HLD? are that Surv hunter affli lock resto druid?

#4 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2705
  • 5v5: 2278
  • RBG: 2551

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostEveex, on 08 September 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Okay thanks for the answare :) HLD? are that Surv hunter affli lock resto druid?

Yes.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Currently love survival on live and its getting buffed in 5.4 the overall constant damage it has is great. MM will be more bursty still great overall damage but its more front loaded in burst windows.

Comps like PHDK and HLD will most likely use survival while more bursty comps like ret hunter and kfc or thug cleave will use MM hunter.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#6 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

"MM and Survival will be FotM they're so OP on PTR seriously."

Just like 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3? Have any of you actually played PTR? BM is even stronger on PTR than on live outside of Readiness (which all specs lost) and you can't kill pets anymore unless you use major CDs on it.

#7 justchecking

justchecking

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostSabyth, on 08 September 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Just like 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3? Have any of you actually played PTR? BM is even stronger on PTR than on live outside of Readiness (which all specs lost) and you can't kill pets anymore unless you use major CDs on it.

Did pet survivability get buffed or something?

#8 wraithaur

wraithaur
  • Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

View PostSabyth, on 08 September 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Yeh i found BM to be retardedly high for burst damage on PTR. Reason i think is because Arcane shot was buffed and under BW arcane shot is spammable. Both SV and MM you need to maintain a rotation (priority) through out your burst. BM is mindless damage spam with no risk of focus starvation. I know it doesn't relate directly to pvp damage, but i was able to burst complete mongo stylz on the dummies upto 180k dps as BM in 100% pvp gear. SV and MM were no where near that....nor was any other class for that matter. Warrior was sorta close with 162k max. (clarifying this is burst with no ramp up time at all).
Dismiss the numbers if you want if you just go off logic. 25% more damage to arcane shot and 100% spammable only in BM spec while offensive CDs are up > than sv and mm for burst.

#9 wraithaur

wraithaur
  • Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

i forgot to take into account the following from the patch notes. will have to do the same tests again and then reduce the stampede component. I dare say warriors will be closet to top burst now.

Stampede damage dealt by pets when the ability is used outside of an Arena or Battleground is no longer reduced by 75%

#10 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

View Postwraithaur, on 09 September 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

i was able to burst complete mongo stylz on the dummies upto 180k dps as BM in 100% pvp gear. SV and MM were no where near that....
not that this matters much since your targets won't be at permanent full health like the dummies are, but if you're doing an MM rotation on a dummy it should actually be the highest DPS because of careful aim

i vaguely remember some of the shrine dummies dropping to like 50% health though? i don't know which ones you were using obviously

View Postwraithaur, on 09 September 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

i forgot to take into account the following from the patch notes. will have to do the same tests again and then reduce the stampede component. I dare say warriors will be closet to top burst now.
what do you mean you didn't take this into account? stampede damage today, stampede damage on the PTR, and stampede damage with tomorrow's patch should be the same in pvp zones, unless i've missed some updates for stampede

#11 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2705
  • 5v5: 2278
  • RBG: 2551

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

View Postamaixliu, on 10 September 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

what do you mean you didn't take this into account? stampede damage today, stampede damage on the PTR, and stampede damage with tomorrow's patch should be the same in pvp zones, unless i've missed some updates for stampede

As the dummies aren't in a BG or Arena, Stampede isn't reduced by 75%, thus he didn't take it into account.

Edited by Urbandurban, 10 September 2013 - 12:58 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

View Postjustchecking, on 08 September 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Did pet survivability get buffed or something?
Damage is lower in general which helps.

But the new Glyph of Mend Pet and Glyph of Mending are really really good together. It's a good amount of healing now, but it also dispels every single tick. Mages can't Deep or Bomb it, Eles can't keep up Flame Shock, Assassination can't keep Deadly up, any debuff reliant damage loses it's effectiveness It also can't get low from spread pressure as a single Mend will cleanse all debuffs and heal it. I haven't dispeled UA but if it still hits the Hunter that may be the only downside to the new Mend.

In fact, I'm pretty certain that using these 2 Glyphs will eventually become the norm as they result in a large damage increase with all the CC it clears from your pet. Depending on your comp you can sacrifice Solace, leaving the choice largely to Animal Bond or Explosive Trap for your 3rd Glyph.

#13 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostUrbandurban, on 10 September 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

As the dummies aren't in a BG or Arena, Stampede isn't reduced by 75%, thus he didn't take it into account.
ohh right ok thanks

#14 Juku

Juku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Does anyone else feel completely focus starved on their mm hunter? Im thinking of reforging crit to haste because this hunter focus feels like cata but worse.
Posted Image

#15 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostJuku, on 10 September 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Does anyone else feel completely focus starved on their mm hunter? Im thinking of reforging crit to haste because this hunter focus feels like cata but worse.

No, it's perfectly fine with gemmed haste and reforged from mastery etc (didn't touch crit)... also Fervor > thrill as MM...
"The psychopath is an intraspecies predator [...] In general, psychopaths are glib and charming, and they use these attributes to manipulate others into trusting and believing in them. This may lead to people giving them money, voting them into office [...] Many psychopaths have little difficulty joining the ranks of business, politics, law enforcement, government, and academia. They exist in all lines of work..." -FBI.gov
Government is magic!

#16 Eveex

Eveex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Is human still the best class for hunters in pvp? or are orcs better?

#17 darkstarrz_7298699

darkstarrz_7298699
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

As mm do we want to go haste> crit ?>mastery?

#18 Barbecued

Barbecued
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 2244
  • 5v5: 2034
  • RBG: 2000

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postdarkstarrz_7298699, on 15 September 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

As mm do we want to go haste> crit ?>mastery?

crit > haste in reforging from mastery, gems go agil/haste and haste/pvp power

#19 Elisha

Elisha
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

crit > haste in reforging from mastery, gems go agil/haste and haste/pvp power

that doesn't make sense.. If you say crit > haste then you have gem it also. If you gem agi/haste means that haste>crit.
To mix stat weight is just helpful if you want to reach some caps.

atm i going 4 haste > crit > mastery it gives a lil smother way to play but i don't really know if it is the hightest dps output.

#20 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

i'm going haste > crit  > mastery, ie reforge into haste but don't reforge out of crit if possible

that extra haste + improved SS make a noticeable difference in focus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<