Lock 5.4 RBG's question

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 GuttzuTV

GuttzuTV
  • Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

This is a question to those that have tested on the PTR for horde in 5.4. I'm curious what horde race to go in 5.4 for RBG's and potentially arenas but mainly RBG's on a lock. Possibly looking at minor PvE but RBG's is the main focus and lock seems to bring a lot to the team fight. I posted in the Mage forum about something similar since I really want to play a caster class in RBG's but it looks like mage is getting hit hard in 5.4 so I wanted to hear from the lock community on AJ. I'm thinking possibly orc for racial and +damage to pets or undead... Is it true that racials are being nerfed soon? Just curious what people see in high rated RBG's and what will be most effective in 5.4. Thank you all for any advice given.

#2 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

5.4 changes nothing as far as racials go. Orc is the best all-rounder and troll is situational/personal preference (offers slightly more/faster burst in pvp). If PvE I suggest orc, b/c  troll racial is almost useless in PvE gear (overcaps haste).

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#3 GuttzuTV

GuttzuTV
  • Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Thank you for the info on this. I'm curious why you didn't include undead in your post for using in rated bg's. I agree that Orc seems best all around but I'm curious why you didn't discuss undead. Thank you.

#4 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

+2-3% extra damage is nice, but the AoE silence gets people killed. Wouldn't trade belf racial for anything.

Trolls give the highest damage bonus (and don't underestimate beastslaying too; druids, shaman in GW, hunter pets)
Undead for good sustained damage + WotF
Orc for good burst + stun reduction
Belf for no damage bonus but AoE silence
<Memorable quote>

#5 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

warlocks will be horrible in 5.4 rbgs compared to their strength throughout 5.0-5.3
destro having nerfed rain of fire ember regen, no mannoroth's fury (well 10sec on a 60sec cd. yeah it's horrible) and a terrible chaos bolt compared to 5.2 and before.
affliction was completely dogshit compared to destro before, and in 5.4 you don't even gain immense amount of shards from having corruption on a lot of ppl.

that's about it.

#6 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostBraindance, on 06 September 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

5.4 changes nothing as far as racials go. Orc is the best all-rounder and troll is situational/personal preference (offers slightly more/faster burst in pvp). If PvE I suggest orc, b/c  troll racial is almost useless in PvE gear (overcaps haste).
No such thing as overcaps Haste in PvE for Affliction at least. Haste breakpoints are infinitely more important to hit and Berserking allows that. The flat Spellpower from Orc isn't as potent as the Haste. i.E. Haste breakpoints, DoT ticks, Imp Swarm CD reduction, faster channel/cast times.

Orc might be okay if you're playing with a pet, but Destro is generally petless in RBGs and arena. The stun reduction is good, too.

Edit: The only annoying and mentionable haste caps in pve is as Destro with such haste your casts are faster than the GCD.

#7 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostMaleficent, on 06 September 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

No such thing as overcaps Haste in PvE for Affliction at least. Haste breakpoints are infinitely more important to hit and Berserking allows that. The flat Spellpower from Orc isn't as potent as the Haste. i.E. Haste breakpoints, DoT ticks, Imp Swarm CD reduction, faster channel/cast times.

Orc might be okay if you're playing with a pet, but Destro is generally petless in RBGs and arena. The stun reduction is good, too.

Edit: The only annoying and mentionable haste caps in pve is as Destro with such haste your casts are faster than the GCD.
That's exactly what I meant with overcaps haste, because at this point it becomes useless.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#8 GuttzuTV

GuttzuTV
  • Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

@Wall: It sounds like lock is going to be poor in 5.4 RBG's... What would you suggest then? I really want to find a caster class that is fun but also something that will contribute to team fights in high rated RBG's. Also, troll is strong it sounds like?

#9 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostGuttzuTV, on 06 September 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

@Wall: It sounds like lock is going to be poor in 5.4 RBG's... What would you suggest then? I really want to find a caster class that is fun but also something that will contribute to team fights in high rated RBG's. Also, troll is strong it sounds like?
they will still be one of the best ranged dps in rbgs dont worry
i would imagine rbgs will be alot more melee orientated next patch anyway, if you are actually that desperate to reroll

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#10 GuttzuTV

GuttzuTV
  • Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 06 September 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

they will still be one of the best ranged dps in rbgs dont worry
i would imagine rbgs will be alot more melee orientated next patch anyway, if you are actually that desperate to reroll

I'm not desperate to reroll, I just want to level a caster that will be useful in RBG's. I mean I have an 80 orc warrior I could level but melee is boring to me and warrior doesn't seem that great... Still not overly convinced on race though for lock... I never thought about troll but there are some decent arguments for it. I'm beginning to think that most of the high ranked undead locks are ones that have been around for a long time.

#11 Caterpieqt

Caterpieqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2531

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Troll fer sureee now that you can't use pve trinkets, human is butt.

#12 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostWallirik, on 06 September 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

warlocks will be horrible in 5.4 rbgs compared to their strength throughout 5.0-5.3
destro having nerfed rain of fire ember regen, no mannoroth's fury (well 10sec on a 60sec cd. yeah it's horrible) and a terrible chaos bolt compared to 5.2 and before.
affliction was completely dogshit compared to destro before, and in 5.4 you don't even gain immense amount of shards from having corruption on a lot of ppl.

that's about it.

Are you sure about aff being bad in 5.4?

Spreading dots is already insane pressure. It's mind-numbing to play, and I'd rather just quit and play another game than go back to tabdotting 10 targets, but the dps is really high and I can't see any reason for it to do anything but get even higher next patch.

The destro MF change sucks.
<Memorable quote>

#13 Itha

Itha
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 959

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostTya, on 07 September 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

Affliction currently deals nice dmg b/c you can use every shard on sb:ss. next patch our shard regen is alot worse which means you wont be able to dot as much targets. If you simply dot every target by casting the dots you can only dot up to 4 targets before you have to refresh the dots on the first target compared to right now where i sometimes have up to 8 targets with dots.

#14 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostTya, on 07 September 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

Well, I only said they'd be terrible compared to how they were before, affli will probably be fine in rbgs in 5.4.

Just compared to before, both specs are weaker - and how much better destro was than affli in rbgs 5.0-5.3 isn't even measurable, it wasn't even close.

#15 GuttzuTV

GuttzuTV
  • Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostWallirik, on 07 September 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Well, I only said they'd be terrible compared to how they were before, affli will probably be fine in rbgs in 5.4.

Just compared to before, both specs are weaker - and how much better destro was than affli in rbgs 5.0-5.3 isn't even measurable, it wasn't even close.
This makes me kind of sad about wanting to play Lock in RBG's 5.4... Mage seems too boring and I already have an ele shaman... So I guess try Aff. and hope for the best lol?

#16 GuttzuTV

GuttzuTV
  • Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostCaterpieqt, on 07 September 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Troll fer sureee now that you can't use pve trinkets, human is butt.
Can't tell if this is a troll but with the buff to using double pvp trinkets wouldn't undead AFFI be legit since you can run double pvp dps trinkets and then you have wotf? Double trinkets giving +resil is nice though... still trying to decide on race but undead is sounding good...

#17 GuttzuTV

GuttzuTV
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

With more and more testing on live for 5.4... What would you all suggest for race for horde lock now? I've heard arguments for undead/orc/troll but was wondering what people are seeing with the new trinket buffs and their testing of lock in 5.4... Thanks!

#18 Burn23

Burn23
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Durotan
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2268
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

that's about it.

Posted Image

Destro will still have good kill potential, especially w/ chaos bolt dmg increase (lul) you just won't see retarded dmg meters w/ RoF doing ~35% of locks dmg .  aff will not be shit
They made it easier than it ever has been to spread dots + increased haunt dmg on top of grim of sacrifice, you can get some pretty decent burst and focus target dmg, try haunting someone 4 times, shit hurts

@ op, orc

Edited by Burn23, 15 September 2013 - 07:05 AM.

#19 sephirroth

sephirroth
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1615
  • 3v3: 1800

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Multi dotting targets with double demon soul essentially means you will be able to have so many people dotted at a high dps rate, and with MG damage being nerfed essentially I feel like affi filler is just haunting main target and then controlling the game with fears, SF/coils, curses etc

Affi is not bad in 5.4 at all, its just a different playstyle

Ps. orc

#20 slantsix

slantsix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

that's about it.

jk 4 shards every kill np

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<