• Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

Originally posted this on the official wow forums, but I heard some blizz devs actually read this website (I was surprised)

I think it's about time that Blizzard stopped throwing damage buffs at WW monks, its pretty boring and just keeps dumbing down the class, its at the point where in 5.4 a monk that has no idea what he's doing can use 10 Tigereye brew stacks and global someone in a stun with zero setup and it is quite annoying.

WW should receive some type of utility buff in place of it's recent damage buffs, one idea was simple an ability on a 1.5 min cd that was similar to the hunter pet ability Roar of Sacrifice, 1.5 min cd for an ability that you cast on a teammate that reduces their chance to be critically hit by 100% for 6 seconds.

The second thing that comes up is the Diminishing Return table on Paralysis, should be taken off of the Poly/Sap/ Trap DR and put on either the Fear DR table or Disorient, giving us more viability in various comps and being able to cc chain effectively.

The third thing is Dampen Harm, this ability is completely useless in pvp it is sickening, it was only mediocre when 800% damage powershot and 150k Eviscerates were a thing, next patch with 470k+ health pools there are maybe 2 abilities that can hit you for 20%+ of your health with the increase to Base Resilience, one being Chaos Bolt which Diffuse Magic is better against, imo the damage threshold on Dampen Harm needs to be reduced to 10% and charges increased to 4-5 to make it useful in arena pvp.

The fifth thing on my list is Fortifying brew, this cooldown literally does nothing against 90% of the classes in this game, a 20% damage reduction on a 3 minute cd is a complete joke, imo this ability should affect your entire group like rallying cry or have a shorter CD.

The sixth thing is Touch of Karma being removed by Hand of Protection, Divine Shield and Ice Block, when I que into some idiot mongo ret hunter team that presses every single button in the opener and gets me to 10% instantly forcing karma, and it is just simply removed by a 5 minute defensive cd so they can land a kill is the most annoying thing I have ever experienced in this game.

The final problem I have with WW and this is one of my top issues, is Zen Meditation cancelling on melee damage, countless times where I have tried to eat one of my healer's hunter traps when I was unable to roll onto it and Zen Med is just instantly stopped by either the hunters pets or the hunters partner tunneling melee damage into me, leave Zen Med able to be interrupted but please make it not cancel on melee damage.

Please consider these changes as I assure you they are more healthier for this class than a flat blanket damage increase.
Posted Image

#2 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1767
  • 3v3: 2098
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Windwalker is by far the best class i have ever played in both 2s and 3s and i play them all.

I played it BEFORE the buffs and even then i thought it was crasy and never understood how blizzard couldnt nerf
the shit out of them

Before you throw at me "SCRUB YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE CLASS WORKS."

- Yes Timmy, yes i do.

PoV WW Monk 2v2 CC/Utility Showcase prebuffed patch 5.2.

Edited by Raphner, 05 September 2013 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

#3 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

If there is one class for who the word utility was invented, it must be monks. I'm honestly baffled as to how you can even consider questioning monks utility being underpowered.

#4 Deathbrand_6487264

Deathbrand_6487264
  • Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

I think what we really need is some sort of % Passive damage reduction ability, idk maybe a stance would do it and make the class more fun.
other than that we are really more than fine tbh.

#5 Dimyzuka

Dimyzuka
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostRaphner, on 05 September 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Windwalker is by far the best class i have ever played in both 2s and 3s and i play them all.

I played it BEFORE the buffs and even then i thought it was crasy and never understood how blizzard couldnt nerf
the shit out of them

- Yes Timmy, yes i do.

You are actually retarded and should try get yourself to a psychologist.

Re topic, with monks design they will only be competitive when damage is over the top, and will be crap otherwise, similar to other classes with lackluster CC, eg. dps shamans and warriors. Paralysis is just the worst main CC in the game.

Edited by Dimyzuka, 13 September 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#6 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

the shit out of them

- Yes Timmy, yes i do.

I...I... don't even....

wat
Posted Image

#7 Niwandah

Niwandah
  • Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

the shit out of them

- Yes Timmy, yes i do.

Nothing you do in that video is impressive at all, nor have you ever been above 2k ever on your monk, well not when I checked last time at least. Im also pretty sure you have bought that account.. "Gladiator"

#8 Niwandah

Niwandah
  • Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 05 September 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Originally posted this on the official wow forums, but I heard some blizz devs actually read this website (I was surprised)

I think it's about time that Blizzard stopped throwing damage buffs at WW monks, its pretty boring and just keeps dumbing down the class, its at the point where in 5.4 a monk that has no idea what he's doing can use 10 Tigereye brew stacks and global someone in a stun with zero setup and it is quite annoying.

WW should receive some type of utility buff in place of it's recent damage buffs, one idea was simple an ability on a 1.5 min cd that was similar to the hunter pet ability Roar of Sacrifice, 1.5 min cd for an ability that you cast on a teammate that reduces their chance to be critically hit by 100% for 6 seconds.

The second thing that comes up is the Diminishing Return table on Paralysis, should be taken off of the Poly/Sap/ Trap DR and put on either the Fear DR table or Disorient, giving us more viability in various comps and being able to cc chain effectively.

The third thing is Dampen Harm, this ability is completely useless in pvp it is sickening, it was only mediocre when 800% damage powershot and 150k Eviscerates were a thing, next patch with 470k+ health pools there are maybe 2 abilities that can hit you for 20%+ of your health with the increase to Base Resilience, one being Chaos Bolt which Diffuse Magic is better against, imo the damage threshold on Dampen Harm needs to be reduced to 10% and charges increased to 4-5 to make it useful in arena pvp.

The fifth thing on my list is Fortifying brew, this cooldown literally does nothing against 90% of the classes in this game, a 20% damage reduction on a 3 minute cd is a complete joke, imo this ability should affect your entire group like rallying cry or have a shorter CD.

The sixth thing is Touch of Karma being removed by Hand of Protection, Divine Shield and Ice Block, when I que into some idiot mongo ret hunter team that presses every single button in the opener and gets me to 10% instantly forcing karma, and it is just simply removed by a 5 minute defensive cd so they can land a kill is the most annoying thing I have ever experienced in this game.

The final problem I have with WW and this is one of my top issues, is Zen Meditation cancelling on melee damage, countless times where I have tried to eat one of my healer's hunter traps when I was unable to roll onto it and Zen Med is just instantly stopped by either the hunters pets or the hunters partner tunneling melee damage into me, leave Zen Med able to be interrupted but please make it not cancel on melee damage.

Please consider these changes as I assure you they are more healthier for this class than a flat blanket damage increase.

Yeah I agree with you on all points pretty much, I would really hate to see this class to turn into frost dk 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<