Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

PvE Fury warriors crying out for Arms nerf

save dragons stop Pve go pvp kill noobs

  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 darklift

darklift
  • Members
  • Posts: 25

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

It's sad but they're going all out, even made a PTR thread about it
http://us.battle.net...opic/9793229607

They're also tweeting the devs and stuff saying Arms DPS is too high, it's boring, etc etc. Devs might read these and nerf 5.4 Arms which will affect PvP as well.

I'm predicting a Deep Wounds nerf soon. Since PvE > PvP for Blizz devs.

What do you guys think, Will blizz just blindly nerf Arms or will they actually buff something else and nerf AOE

#2 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 387
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

warriors are overlords on ptr, not even trolling
twitch.tv/mckevrx - 2.5+ priest play, holy/shadow. may stream again

#3 Johnyblaze

Johnyblaze
  • LocationParis

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

They should just bring back Colossus smash at 100% armor pen. in pvp = no nerf or up in pve, up in pvp.

#4 Swack

Swack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 57
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1343
  • 3v3: 2900
  • 5v5: 2583
  • RBG: 2538

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postmckevrx, on 31 August 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

warriors are overlords on ptr, not even trolling

Not really.

People are just used to warriors being terrible so as soon as they're in a decent spot people cry about it.

#5 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 298
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1760
  • 3v3: 2095
  • RBG: 957

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostSwack, on 31 August 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Not really.

People are just used to warriors being terrible so as soon as they're in a decent spot people cry about it.

pretty much this.

Mage kills you through shieldwall and its ok but when warrior kill things in shockwave with 5min recklessness up its "overpower"

#6 Lazorcat

Lazorcat
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 8
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/2/2/0/1
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationMalmö

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postshunke, on 31 August 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

pretty much this.

Mage kills you through shieldwall and its ok but when warrior kill things in shockwave with 5min recklessness up its "overpower"

super overpower warrs

#7 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1726
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

I really hate when people bring up the ''Well people just don't know what to do when my class is viable.'' You know damn well that's not how it works most of the time.
Posted Image

#8 Vestinx

Vestinx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 22
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 575

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

PvE balance is so sad, their goal is to kill a monster, but if one class performs a little bit better than other it needs to change asap in their opinion... To be honest I feel like PvE should have less balance issues than PvP.

#9 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 298
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1760
  • 3v3: 2095
  • RBG: 957

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostLazorcat, on 31 August 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

super overpower warrs

Ye or when ele kills through ams amz ibf and you smelt their team in 3mins?
Its called balance that melee needs to suck in this game. :<

#10 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 298
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1760
  • 3v3: 2095
  • RBG: 957

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostVestinx, on 31 August 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

PvE balance is so sad, their goal is to kill a monster, but if one class performs a little bit better than other it needs to change asap in their opinion... To be honest I feel like PvE should have less balance issues than PvP.

I hope you didnt see the whine when they balanced fire mage in start of this xpac. "I NEED TO GO FROST NOW BECAUSE I DO 3K MORE DPS THAN AS FIRE :// FUCKING BLIZZARD ALWAYS WANT TO DESTROY MAH CLASS"

#11 Volatile

Volatile
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 131
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1520
  • 3v3: 2004
  • RBG: 1532

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

You made it sound as if he wants Arms DPS reduced in general, but he's specifically saying Arms AoE far outstrips Fury AoE while Arms single target on the flip side is 10%-15% behind Fury.  

I agree with him.  Increase Arms single target while reducing our AoE slightly.

#12 Coldtok

Coldtok
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 10
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1759

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

They really dont have room to complain for a nerf, its the same cycle as last Xpac pretty much PVE warrior wise. They should of expected arms to be good for pve in one of the last patches of MoP.
Posted Image Another Melee DPS guy

#13 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 292
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 954

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

View Postshunke, on 31 August 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I hope you didnt see the whine when they balanced fire mage in start of this xpac. "I NEED TO GO FROST NOW BECAUSE I DO 3K MORE DPS THAN AS FIRE :// FUCKING BLIZZARD ALWAYS WANT TO DESTROY MAH CLASS"
This happened because class homogenization. No more resist specific bosses? Whatever mage spec is the best is the one that people choose. In TBC I had the spellfire set, I had to run fire. That was okay because I brought a special crit buff and PvE wasn't such a circlejerk of charts and simcrafting. No more specialized gear (Lock trinket for pet resists)?

No more specialized spec. Just whatever is the best dps. Every class brings SO many buffs. No more spec specific set bonuses (http://www.wowhead.com/item=30206) means only the top spec will be played in most cases. Blizzard did this all themselves by removing the special buffs that made you want to bring a spec.

#14 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 298
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1760
  • 3v3: 2095
  • RBG: 957

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostOkayenhance, on 31 August 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

This happened because class homogenization. No more resist specific bosses? Whatever mage spec is the best is the one that people choose. In TBC I had the spellfire set, I had to run fire. That was okay because I brought a special crit buff and PvE wasn't such a circlejerk of charts and simcrafting. No more specialized gear (Lock trinket for pet resists)?

No more specialized spec. Just whatever is the best dps. Every class brings SO many buffs. No more spec specific set bonuses (http://www.wowhead.com/item=30206) means only the top spec will be played in most cases. Blizzard did this all themselves by removing the special buffs that made you want to bring a spec.

Yes true, as warrior I can always say i give 20% more critical damage for 10s every 3min and I can take armor away for some time with 5m cd :D those are the reasons why you bring warrior

#15 Zectz

Zectz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Posts: 17
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2325

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

The complaints are mostly regarding AoE/Cleave situations as far as I can tell, so I imagine they will just tweek that aspect of the spec if people continue to moan (I still can't believe they are actually complaining but whatever. It's such double standards they just expect fury to always be the better spec for raiding since it was like that back in the day).

They'll probably just nerf AoE/Cleave abilities which won't drastically affect arena. My only curiosity though is if this does happen, will they nerf thunderclap-deep wounds spread? I was looking forward to that aspect of 5.4 and running something like WLD and doing good spread pressure. Smart thing to do would be a need to Sweeping Strikes but lets see.

#16 Rtf

Rtf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 77
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

Just go on the ptr. Warrior damage is insane.

#17 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 387
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostRtf, on 31 August 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Just go on the ptr. Warrior damage is insane.

finally intelligence in this thread
twitch.tv/mckevrx - 2.5+ priest play, holy/shadow. may stream again

#18 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3541
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostRtf, on 31 August 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Just go on the ptr. Warrior damage is insane.
Warrior damage is where it should be (meaning high), although, I don't see how a priest can make that statement given that they are the complete counter to warrior damage with focused will

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#19 banezy

banezy
  • Members
  • Posts: 23

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

wow so after reading all the dk buffs people have come to the conclusion that arms needs a nerf, wtf happened.

#20 Rtf

Rtf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 77
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostBraindance, on 31 August 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Warrior damage is where it should be (meaning high), although, I don't see how a priest can make that statement given that they are the complete counter to warrior damage with focused will

Sorry forgot that all I played was priest...

View PostBraindance, on 31 August 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Warrior damage is where it should be (meaning high), although, I don't see how a priest can make that statement given that they are the complete counter to warrior damage with focused will

How is focused will a counter only to warriors? By your logic, priest should counter ever single damage dealer in the game. I swear your posts get worse and worse.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<