realgar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1572

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

As of the last patch the auras over nameplates appear to be broken in Tidyplates (this may be fixed in the most recent beta release, but that one is far from stable).  I know a lot of people use PlateBuffs even though it's only been updated by third parties now.  Should I switch to PlateBuffs or are there any other good options for this?  Thanks -Real

#2 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

I love platebuffs, so I definitely recommend it!
Spoiler

Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#3 realgar

realgar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm curious how others set up their platebuffs.  I'm slowly going through to get mine set up similar to the way I had my tidplates:

Big: Things that probably need to come off like bubble, bop, iceblock, fear ward.  Also important stuff like spell reflects, touch of karma and immunities like lichborn and bezerker rage
Medium: CC and things I might need to dispell like fears, roots, poly, hammer, etc
Small:  My holy spark, shields, renews, shells, grace, etc.

I noticed that the default setup includes a lot of short term self-buffs like avatar and ascendence, but I generally hear these on GSA first, although I need a better way to figure out when they end.

Any thoughts, or does anyone have a string they want to share?  I'll post mine here when I finish it, although it will be somewhat disc specific.  -Real

#4 zuludead

zuludead
  • Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hi, I wish I could offer some help but I am still trying to become more familiar with the important spells and CDs of each class.  I think this addon is excellent though and look forward to seeing what you come up with!

#5 dredhed

dredhed
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAUS

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

I used to use PlateBuffs but after I installed TidyPlates - Threatplates it started bugging out. Now PlateBuffs shows up on the wrong targets most of the time. DRTracker also shows on the wrong nameplate sometimes too.

Is it working for you? Anyone know how to fix?

#6 realgar

realgar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm not sure what the deal is with threatplates, but I understand there's a few unresolved issues with Tidyplates atm, but apparently they should be dealt with by the patch.  I finally got platebuffs set up, but I may still switch back to Tidyplates after the patch.  Actually, it looks like they released a new version last night, it might be worth updating and seeing if that fixes it.

#7 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

I somehow can't get Platebuffs to work, I did download the 5.4 update but it never starts to work. quiete frustrating
Posted Image

#8 realgar

realgar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

There's two different fan updates for MoP I think, maybe try the other one?  Whichever one I had at the start of 5.4 was working, but I ended up switching back to tidyplates (with auras enabled) after all.  The most recent tidyplates update is way more stable, and auras are working (although for some reason I still can't get it to show Fear Ward on enemy healers...)

#9 fapapucs

fapapucs
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

use compatibity mode, i think it will fix your issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<