• Curse Sites
Help

So with the upcoming "Buffs" to Discipline..

disc vs holy 5.4

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

I played a lot of ptr, after Spirit Shell , grace + holy spark dispel protection changes I think holy priest will become better in every bracket.
-FDCL is really good now for holy. Since you get a lot of instant heals and very good healing output, you will have globals to play more offensive.
-As disc, for shield dispel protection you are going to play with Body and Soul and you can't take feathers because of that. Feathers give you %80 speed boost and they are amazing.
-During my last 30-40 games Guardian hasn't failed, so I assume it is fixed, which is also huge.
-Lightspring is now baseline, you get to access all necessary glyphs now.

That said, disc won't be bad or anything, it will be viable for sure, it will be worse than holy though. The  thing is: on 5,4, it is not like on 5.3 where both specs are very close and/or playstyle/comp dependent.

Edited by Djandawg, 06 September 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#22 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 06 September 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

I played a lot of ptr, after Spirit Shell , grace + holy spark dispel protection changes I think holy priest will become better in every bracket.
-FDCL is really good now for holy. Since you get a lot of instant heals and very good healing output, you will have globals to play more offensive.
-As disc, for shield dispel protection you are going to play with Body and Soul and you can't take feathers because of that. Feathers give you %80 speed boost and they are amazing.
-During my last 30-40 games Braindance hasn't failed, so I assume it is fixed, which is also huge.
-Lightspring is now baseline, you get to access all necessary glyphs now.

That said, disc won't be bad or anything, it will be viable for sure, it will be worse than holy though. The  thing is: on 5,4, it is not like on 5.3 where both specs are very close and/or playstyle/comp dependent.
Fxd

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#23 Gekz

Gekz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2342
  • 3v3: 2761
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Don't even care about the undispelable trash buff changes, I've never seen a team that just sits there trying to spam dispel shields besides maybe an enhance shaman team. Plus disc is going to be throwing out twice as many shields as before so w/e. Holy will prob be better, but still gonna play disc yolo

#24 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

It's problematic when they attack you and spam dispel you, especially if the other team has a purging healer.

#25 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 06 September 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

It's problematic when they attack you and spam dispel you, especially if the other team has a purging healer.
Going to sleep going to sleep

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#26 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

i dont really care that much because both specs are going to be really good, but guys at least for me, as holy i have so much more fun,

50% more damage, instant cc that doenst dr with anything, better mobility (due to more instant casts), divine hymn (with sanctuary is amazing) , and i like guardian (even being bug) 10x more than PS.

even when casting it feels more fun, because once you cast, you can go for gheal, you can use serenity+pom+flash for big heal, you dont just press flash heal, you think about it!

#27 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostGekz, on 06 September 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

Don't even care about the undispelable trash buff changes, I've never seen a team that just sits there trying to spam dispel shields besides maybe an enhance shaman team. Plus disc is going to be throwing out twice as many shields as before so w/e. Holy will prob be better, but still gonna play disc yolo

If there are many thrash buffs spamdispelling is not always rewarding. With dispel protection gone however pressing dispel could do more harm than throwing out a damage combo. We will also have to rebuff / refresh Fortitude and Renew much more often wich will result in fewer gcds and fewer mana.

More shields are "good" (almost all discs will go with DI) but more shields mean more mana especially with the rapture nerf.
Sticking to disc tho..

Somewhat offtopic:
Some1 playing on tr can tell if we will use the new pvp trinkets / stick to Chi Ji / or get smth from the Orgrimmar raid?

#28 Reflexlol

Reflexlol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/2/1/1/0
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postsamppax, on 06 September 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Would like hear also did u rerolled just for feral 2s friend

HAHAHA oh god. Please at least use correct grammar.

#29 Reflexlol

Reflexlol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/2/1/1/0
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postzenton, on 06 September 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

If there are many thrash buffs spamdispelling is not always rewarding. With dispel protection gone however pressing dispel could do more harm than throwing out a damage combo. We will also have to rebuff / refresh Fortitude and Renew much more often wich will result in fewer gcds and fewer mana.

More shields are "good" (almost all discs will go with DI) but more shields mean more mana especially with the rapture nerf.
Sticking to disc tho..

Somewhat offtopic:
Some1 playing on tr can tell if we will use the new pvp trinkets / stick to Chi Ji / or get smth from the Orgrimmar raid?

I think it depends, from what I've seen on PTR it really doesn't feel like we need the set bonus of two trinkets. It maybe useful against comps that consistently switch to the healer but otherwise some kind of PvE Trinket may be better.

Then again I have heard that PvE trinkets are severely reduced inside of arena. hmm...

#30 Nixonxx

Nixonxx
  • Nixonx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2300
  • 3v3: 2810
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2202
  • LocationCarmel, California

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

View Postmackazar, on 06 September 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

Holy is for priests who can't play disc. /thread

^This
Posted Image

#31 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

View Postdionim, on 06 September 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

i dont really care that much because both specs are going to be really good, but guys at least for me, as holy i have so much more fun,

50% more damage, instant cc that doenst dr with anything, better mobility (due to more instant casts), divine hymn (with sanctuary is amazing) , and i like guardian (even being bug) 10x more than PS.

even when casting it feels more fun, because once you cast, you can go for gheal, you can use serenity+pom+flash for big heal, you dont just press flash heal, you think about it!

I'm on this wavelength right here.  I don't reroll to what is strongest, nor do I swap specs for the better choice (been a Moonkin through a loooooot of shitty seasons).  But I just have way more fun playing Holy.  Subjective, but just as important as strength - after all, we play the game to have fun (hopefully)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: disc, vs, holy, 5.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<