Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Deterrence on a Recharge Mechanic Broken


  • Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 1111
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

Ice block in almost every way is better than deterrence but you guys need it since your so squishy. If you don't come out of Ice block with full HP then there is something wrong and I'm talking about a full 10 second Ice block. If Ice block had the same duration as deterrence then I would see your argument but its double the duration.

There are negatives and positives to both of them but clearing all debuffs on you is a huge huge + against a lot of the comps today.

Also Bestial wrath majority of the time is used as a damage CD. There will be multiple times where you can pop Bestial wrath for more damage to try and land a kill and you won't have any CC on you it's not treated as only a trinket and for that reason it will be used in other situations and then we just have one trinket for a full minute.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#62 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 213
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1710
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 2266
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

View Postamaixliu, on 30 August 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

but in 5.4 u can disengage out of combat so you can avoid all fall damage as long as disengage isn't on cd

hehehehehe

Watch it get changed 1 day into the patch......"we never intended it to do that".

#63 Azyos

Azyos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 113
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1835
  • 3v3: 2403
  • 5v5: 2165
  • RBG: 2023
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostSilhin, on 29 August 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

I guess sitting in the middle in the open is better than being able to move out of harms way yes Ice block is way better

as for it can be used while CCed you have 3 Trinkets currently 3! and even after the patch youll still have 2 the main problem with hunter they have all these safety nets you don't have to preemptive deterrence cuz you have all these instant cast safety nets . That when you die in a deep or some stun of fear chain you complain about the class being broken ive seen hunter dip really low and dont use deterrence just cuz they feel they don't have to can't say the same for a mage vs a hunter U don't ice block you die

What is deterrence dispellable by ? hold up let me think may take a while idk

And as for the dots i bett the mass's are heading to the forums complaining about this unhealable dot damage these warlocks and shadow priest r doing (in b4 feral druid ) complaining about feral is just about as stupid as comparing deterrence and iceblock we knows there broken and so is your class

A deathknight complaining about Hunter CC breaks

??????????

:deathknight: :deathknight: :deathknight: :deathknight: :deathknight:

#64 Equalwin

Equalwin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 121
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/1/2/2/0

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

I guess blizzard know about this "recharge" system bug, and it isn't a bug and is intented for them to be like that, and imo it's a shit  system.. but well we never know if blizzard is that stupid..

#65 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 9118
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostMetinMartin, on 28 August 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Yet Hunter can still die while deterrence is up. If hunters get stunned at the same time as they use deterrence, they will take full dmg, and deterrence wont do as it should.

IB saves your life woman!
can't mass dispell deterrence
Posted Image

#66 Ruddx

Ruddx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 169
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1922
  • 3v3: 2263
  • RBG: 2152

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Why are people comparing Block and Deterrance all the time... makes no fucking sense at all.
Mage wouldn't be better having Deterrence and Hunter wouldn't do better with Block either

Edited by Ruddx, 30 August 2013 - 07:28 PM.


#67 rageTG

rageTG

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostRuddx, on 30 August 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Why are people comparing Block and Deterrance all the time... makes no fucking sense at all.
Mage wouldn't be better having Deterrence and Hunter wouldn't do better with Block either

How would hunter not be better off with iceblock? Takes care of hunters defensive weaknesses, can use in stun, removes bleeds and dots...

#68 UGotKited

UGotKited
  • Members
  • Posts: 21

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Even thought is pretty situational, we are still able to cast fear beast and traps while deterrence is active. That said, i consider iceblock to be far superior because is lasts through a full cc on a healer, deterrence doesnt.

#69 catdaddy

catdaddy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 127
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1948
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 2369
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

id take iceblock over deterrence any day xd

#70 Raphner

Raphner
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 610
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1655
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostRuddx, on 30 August 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Why are people comparing Block and Deterrance all the time... makes no fucking sense at all.
Mage wouldn't be better having Deterrence and Hunter wouldn't do better with Block either

loled
Posted Image

#71 Scarkx

Scarkx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 48
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationAlone in the Dark

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Just like every other spell with charges... Seems fine imo.

#72 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Blizzard did say they wanted hunters to have more defense at the beginning of the game with this new mechanic iirc.

Tbh the game is designed around someone dying (obviously) and it means there has to be a death. I think the double charges lets you mongo in without worrying about only having one deterence (aka already readiness for damage)

Blizzard honestly supports early game kills since there are tons of games that are wizard v wizard that draw out

TL;DR sucks getting nerfed, just play better. Someone does have to die, unfortunately for hunters they're making it easier to do so.


Also why are we comparing defensives of different classes when they operate completely different, sure block has it's better uses but so does deter, that's a terrible arguement to make and if I have to explain why it's situational which is better I will be sadpanda

Edited by pyrellael_3428244, 03 September 2013 - 12:18 PM.


#73 Surel

Surel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Posts: 62
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/0/2/.
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostrageTG, on 03 September 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

How would hunter not be better off with iceblock? Takes care of hunters defensive weaknesses, can use in stun, removes bleeds and dots...

You forgot dispellable, cant move in it, can still get smokebombed, can get locked on frost, im sure youd pick disperson over deterance aswell

#74 UGotKited

UGotKited
  • Members
  • Posts: 21

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostSurel, on 03 September 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

You forgot dispellable, cant move in it, can still get smokebombed, can get locked on frost, im sure youd pick disperson over deterance aswell

I think most hunters would take defensive abilties which are usable during stuns and much stronger vs dots, over deterrence.

#75 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 462
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hunters will take being the most op class in the game for a year and then complain about every aspect of it...

They will say we have to be op and play stupid cleave comps or the casters will take over.

Every argument you people have defending your broken fucking class is retarded, plz die

                                                                                              Sincerely, Every WOW Player Everywhere

Edited by Deadscumlord, 03 September 2013 - 03:14 PM.


#76 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostDeadscumlord, on 03 September 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hunters will take being the most op class in the game for a year and then complain about every aspect of it...

They will say we have to be op and play stupid cleave comps or the casters will take over.

Every argument you people have defending your broken fucking class is retarded, plz die

  Sincerely, Every WOW Player Everywhere

firstly.. sir calm down

secondly most people who play this game have alts and are aware of how broken things are when playing them. I dont think these hunters that are 1900 on their rogues and then log into their 2500 hunter think they are gods at the game (atleast i hope)

thirdly, not just hunters but every season when some class is godly they defend it to the core. Demo locks last season warriors last season mages and rogues and locks in cata, same with resto shamans..

long story short relax good sir and listen to some iggy
Posted Image

#77 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 1111
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostDeadscumlord, on 03 September 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hunters will take being the most op class in the game for a year and then complain about every aspect of it...

They will say we have to be op and play stupid cleave comps or the casters will take over.

Every argument you people have defending your broken fucking class is retarded, plz die

  Sincerely, Every WOW Player Everywhere

View PostMattadoro, on 03 September 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

firstly.. sir calm down

secondly most people who play this game have alts and are aware of how broken things are when playing them. I dont think these hunters that are 1900 on their rogues and then log into their 2500 hunter think they are gods at the game (atleast i hope)

thirdly, not just hunters but every season when some class is godly they defend it to the core. Demo locks last season warriors last season mages and rogues and locks in cata, same with resto shamans..

long story short relax good sir and listen to some iggy

There's 1900 Hunters stuck at 2300 with Ret/Hunter disc this season which amazes me. I'm happy with what they are doing to hunters as far as mongo damage and instant CC but they didn't need to touch deterrence it was completely fine how it was.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#78 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 394
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Complain more about a defensive that gives you complete immunity.... Twice.
Posted Image

#79 Azyos

Azyos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 113
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1835
  • 3v3: 2403
  • 5v5: 2165
  • RBG: 2023
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostYubel, on 03 September 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Complain more about a defensive that gives you complete immunity.... Twice.

hahaha

#80 freshfreefly

freshfreefly
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 364
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2245
  • 3v3: 2277
  • 5v5: 96
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostPouncedd, on 30 August 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

Ice block in almost every way is better than deterrence but you guys need it since your so squishy. If you don't come out of Ice block with full HP then there is something wrong and I'm talking about a full 10 second Ice block. If Ice block had the same duration as deterrence then I would see your argument but its double the duration.

There are negatives and positives to both of them but clearing all debuffs on you is a huge huge + against a lot of the comps today.

Also Bestial wrath majority of the time is used as a damage CD. There will be multiple times where you can pop Bestial wrath for more damage to try and land a kill and you won't have any CC on you it's not treated as only a trinket and for that reason it will be used in other situations and then we just have one trinket for a full minute.

except ice block has a 5 min CD and is dispellable

and comparing 2 defensives is stupid when you guys have sac and freedoms and mail armor, while we have alter time and icebarrier/temp shield etc.


mages are definitely more squishy than hunters right now.

it's about seeing the whole picture.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<