42 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

So if rank 1 next season is the top 0.1%. There are roughly 1200 5v5 teams and 33000 3v3 teams in the  US right now. Since the ladders will be individuals rather then teams, lets say there are about 6000(Number of 5s teams * 5) people on the 5s ladder and 100,000(Number of 3s teams * 3) people on the 3s ladder.

6000 *0.1%=6. 6 people in the entire US will get rank 1 from 5s
100,000*0.1%=100. 100 people will get it from 3s

5s will be even more dead and two or three times as many people get rank 1 from 3s?

I feel like my math has to be wrong right...?

And I'm just basing this off of
  • Grievous Gladiator: Rank 1 End a PvP season in the top 0.1% of the arena ladder (requires 50 games won in Season 14). Title Reward: Grievous Gladiator.
which was on MMO a while back, not sure if there was an official announcement.

Edited by Radejjj, 24 August 2013 - 04:13 AM.

#2 Sweatyfingrs

Sweatyfingrs

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

Oh man that's going to be really awkward when 4 people on a team get a title and the last guy just gets fucked because he DC'd or something midway in the season
Posted Image

#3 melignent

melignent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:24 AM

that is off due to most 5s and 3s have more than 5/3 ppl on the roster. so compare them to what there is now is wrong. you have to compare it to how many ppl are getting it in general now

Edited by melignent, 24 August 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#4 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:24 AM

Remember that it will probably be like RBGs, where playing one game adds you to the "pool" of eligible players.

That will increase spots by a lot
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostPoobandit, on 24 August 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

Remember that it will probably be like RBGs, where playing one game adds you to the "pool" of eligible players.

That will increase spots by a lot

I wondered that too, I'm not sure if you need the 50 games played required to get a title in order to be counted in the title calculations for everyone else. If it counts anyone who played even one game then there will probably be a stupidly high amount of people getting rank 1 titles in 3s.

View Postmelignent, on 24 August 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

that is off due to most 5s and 3s have more than 5/3 ppl on the roster. so compare them to what there is now is wrong. you have to compare it to how many ppl are getting it in general now

There are probably just as many teams with less then 5/3 players, especially towards the bottom of the ladders.

#6 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 24 August 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

I wondered that too, I'm not sure if you need the 50 games played required to get a title in order to be counted in the title calculations for everyone else. If it counts anyone who played even one game then there will probably be a stupidly high amount of people getting rank 1 titles in 3s.
You need 50 games played. But it will increase for sure because there are no more team disbands etc

#7 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostVlada, on 24 August 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

You need 50 games played. But it will increase for sure because there are no more team disbands etc

I don't think so. Just like now, to be counted as a team you just have to have an arenateam. That team is counted towards the whole pool of teams which is counted towards what amount of teams are getting titles.

To be eligible for the rewards, you have to have 20% played, within 100 rating and withing certain % of all teams to recieve a title.

So you could, just like right now, make as many arenateams on your shitty alts to increase the amount of titles that are given out. And if there's no arena teams next patch, you probably don't even have to play any arenas to be counted in the pool of players or have to play one arenagame, depending on how they implement the system technically.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#8 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostCrawthz, on 24 August 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I don't think so. Just like now, to be counted as a team you just have to have an arenateam. That team is counted towards the whole pool of teams which is counted towards what amount of teams are getting titles.

To be eligible for the rewards, you have to have 20% played, within 100 rating and withing certain % of all teams to recieve a title.

So you could, just like right now, make as many arenateams on your shitty alts to increase the amount of titles that are given out. And if there's no arena teams next patch, you probably don't even have to play any arenas to be counted in the pool of players or have to play one arenagame, depending on how they implement the system technically.
  • Grievous Gladiator: Rank 1 (New) End a PvP season in the top 0.1% of the arena ladder (requires 50 games won in Season 14). Title Reward: Grievous Gladiator. 10 points.
I guess if you do not meet requirement then you don't count

The team must have played at least 20 games during the season.
On top of that

#9 Foffel

Foffel
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2312
  • 3v3: 2775
  • 5v5: 2726
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

hmm xD
Posted Image
10/10 would read again.

#10 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostVlada, on 24 August 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

• Grievous Gladiator: Rank 1 (New) End a PvP season in the top 0.1% of the arena ladder (requires 50 games won in Season 14). Title Reward: Grievous Gladiator. 10 points.
I guess if you do not meet requirement then you don't count

The team must have played at least 20 games during the season.
On top of that

Yes, to recieve a reward. Nobody has said anything about what counts as a team. All that's been said is that what counts as a team that's able to recieve rewards. That's why calculators count the 0 rating teams aswell with 0 games played and they're accurate still.

#11 Jurii

Jurii
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 956
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostCrawthz, on 24 August 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Yes, to recieve a reward. Nobody has said anything about what counts as a team. All that's been said is that what counts as a team that's able to recieve rewards. That's why calculators count the 0 rating teams aswell with 0 games played and they're accurate still.

Not true, 0 games played 0 rating teams aren't active simply because they dont have 20 games played and do no count towards the total amount of teams. Those calculaters are based off teams with 0 rating but that have lost 0-20. You cant enter a 0 rating 0 games played team in the calculators.

Take a look at my team that I made with my alt to be able to calculate the glad cut-off

http://eu.battle.net...d/Medixz/simple
http://eu.battle.net...v3/zero twenty/

If you don't have 20 games played, you simply don't get a rank assigned.

After losing 20 games a rank appeared, which is #5572
They base the glad cut-off off this, .5% of that is roughly 27. So the first 27 teams get it.

Edited by Jurii, 24 August 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#12 Pankakez

Pankakez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2052
  • RBG: 2322

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

This is a little off topic and may be a dumb question but is there still end of season rewards such as Gladiator, Duelist, Rival, Challenger?

#13 Moderator

• Moderators

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostCrawthz, on 24 August 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Calculators only take into account teams that have played more than 20 games and have an active person inside of them.

Infact, the calculator developers have no choice but to do this, as the API automatically does it for them.
Global Moderator Account

#14 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 954

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

5s might be more active because of the non-need to be one the ONE team on your bracket that generally dominates the competition in most cases.

All in all, I look forward to the change but probably will not try for rank one in anything not that I ever was good enough to (or scummy enough) in the first place.

#15 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostCrawthz, on 24 August 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

No. A ranked team is one that has 20 games played and at least one eligible player in it. All other teams are not ranked, they are not included or counted in the rankings in any way at all.

There's ~40k ranked teams on EU (I summed all the bottom ranks of all BGs). If we say that on average, there's 3 players per team, that's ~120k players; this is a guesstimate of course, there's no good method to determine average players per team. That's 600 Gladiator spots and 120 "rank 1" spots, and this is a pretty modest estimate.

A lot of casual or "non-serious" characters don't keep their teams, they leave the ranking system completely every time they do this. In the new system, it's not possible to leave the ranking system. Once you played 50 games, you're in the system till the next season. That's a huge amount of players.

On top of that, I believe arena in general will be more active now than before due to crossrealm queuing and novelty of the system.

I'd say 1k+ Gladiator spots and 200+ "rank 1" is very well possible for S14.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#16 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

I thought there were no more "Teams" though?
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#17 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

All we're doing here is trying to estimate next seasons cutoff. Teams still exist right now, so we have to base it on that.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#18 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 954

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostThaya, on 24 August 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

No. A ranked team is one that has 20 games played and at least one eligible player in it. All other teams are not ranked, they are not included or counted in the rankings in any way at all.

There's ~40k ranked teams on EU (I summed all the bottom ranks of all BGs). If we say that on average, there's 3 players per team, that's ~120k players; this is a guesstimate of course, there's no good method to determine average players per team. That's 600 Gladiator spots and 120 "rank 1" spots, and this is a pretty modest estimate.

A lot of casual or "non-serious" characters don't keep their teams, they leave the ranking system completely every time they do this. In the new system, it's not possible to leave the ranking system. Once you played 50 games, you're in the system till the next season. That's a huge amount of players.

On top of that, I believe arena in general will be more active now than before due to crossrealm queuing and novelty of the system.

I'd say 1k+ Gladiator spots and 200+ "rank 1" is very well possible for S14.

Agreed. Even my garbage alts will be counted towards the total amount, currently they arent on a 3s team and never have been. Next season they will be on a 'team'.

Another thing is you may not fight the same counter 16 times in a row like you do currently on BG9 at times. Good change overall.

(requires 50 games won in Season 14)
this is kinda worrying though. Does this mean becoming ranked requires 50 games in a season? If they do you'll have possibly less players than this season in the pool.

Edited by Okayenhance, 24 August 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#19 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Yes, sorry I forgot that your team doesn't get ranked before 20 games. That was my bad. I got 0-20 team myself which I count Rampage cutout myself by dividing the rank with 200 (0,5%)

Anyways I believe we have more spots overall just because you can not delete a character from the ladder. But question is; what player gets ranking in the ladder? The guy with 50 games or guy with 1 loss whole season?

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

With the way the RBG ladder there isn't an accurate way to estimate the number of titles spots right? Will arena have the same problem next patch? Since there wont be anymore 0-20 teams to base it off of?

Edited by Radejjj, 24 August 2013 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<