• Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Gothiques is really smart. So glad he is organizing tournaments.

#42 Euerfeldi

Euerfeldi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Norgannon
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

You should maybe update the "You can not only compete for a spot to the regional BlizzCon qualifiers" part :P

#43 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Seriously, whats the point of these interviews? They say no valid information at all, since forever
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#44 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

I don't understand... we get the opportunity for these "interviews" and like 0/10 questions are answered, the small discussion with Zilea and i think Nuvoz , correct me if i'm wrong, was 10x more beneficial and more constructive and time worthy then the interview with ghostcrawler the 1500 guy, his boyfriend brian the 1700 guy and then hildegard the guy who yelled in his mic the entire time, (just from what i observed)

#45 pystis

pystis
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 1858

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

So far best question by Swifty: "Are Stormscale EU and Darkspear US like SUPER servers?"

#46 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

AJ druid podcast is tonight at 10pm CET on my channel. Will be streamed on the frontpage.

#47 Deniar

Deniar
  • Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

[quote name='WildeHilde' timestamp='1377405988' post='3931201']
AJ druid podcast is tonight at 10pm CET on my channel. Will be streamed on the frontpage.
[/quote]

no starship? :( isad

#48 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

[quote]

The Starcraft community showed Blizzard how to turn SC2 into an eSports and its up to the WOW PVP community to do likewise.

[/quote]

major difference here is that the lead balance dev for starcraft 2 is actually a top level player (grandmasters random) which is why the game turned out as competitive as it is - there is a direct correlation between the skill of a lead balance dev at his game and how well balanced his game turns out (though they will always deny it).

point in case, the blizzard devs including GC had an event where they played battlegrounds against the community quite a while back and, as could be expected, they were horrible players. kalgan was borderline decent at one point at his mage, but there are certain concepts that ~2k players just wont grasp because to be at or below that rating in wotlk meant you fundamentally didnt understand how arena plays out and were simply starting to get a handle of how to play your character mechanically.

by contrast, the same week that the developer bg stomp was going on a HUGE balance whine circlejerk erupted on reddit starcraft where people declared zerg vs protoss unwinnable. I was watching the top ranked protoss player stream at the time, and david kim (lead sc2 balance dev) challenged him to a zvp, then proceeded to stomp him with some crazy multitasking nydus play.

people who don't play a game at a high level still often think they understand how it works, but they will never get the complete picture required to make good balance decisions.when i was learning WoW, each time I had a major breakthrough in my skill level/rating it was like i had re learned everything i thought i knew about the game. how can a game possibly turn out ok in the hands of someone who grasps the game as well as I did when I was just starting?

the direction of the game in the last couple years is a testament to the level understanding of the current balance devs, as wow arena slowly reaches a state that they can understand. I dont doubt that it will become a fairly balanced game at some point, but it wont be a game that anyone wants to play :/

#49 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

gateway being in this game proves how much they care about pvp

#50 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

[quote name='Deniar' timestamp='1377414555' post='3931214']

no starship? :( isad
[/quote]

We asked Starship/Sodah/Pojke but they did not want to join.

#51 KPul

KPul
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1856
  • 3v3: 2309
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iRO8p6t.png[/img]
Posted Image

#52 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

SteelSeries GamingMouse GiveAway during the ArenaLeague tournament today. Quiz answers need to be send to my Twitter.

http://steelseries.com/products/games/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-wireless-mmo-gaming-mouse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<