#21 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

enjoyed the discussion after the interview quite a bit.  I would love to see mini-patches every 2-3 weeks that adjusted only the PvP side of wow.

Edited by Synkz, 22 August 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#22 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

Well, I missed this, can anyone say if they said anything meaningful throughout the interview or just same old Blizzard?
I'm not useless, I can be used as a bad example.

#23 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

View Postysnakewoo, on 23 August 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

Well, I missed this, can anyone say if they said anything meaningful throughout the interview or just same old Blizzard?

Follow up discussion was better than the actual interview.

#24 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

Is there a VOD available?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#25 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

View Postzenga, on 23 August 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

Follow up discussion was better than the actual interview.

Same old Blizzard with bullshit stories and avoiding to answer the questions then I presume.

Loving the devs of this game.
I'm not useless, I can be used as a bad example.

#26 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:42 AM

View PostCovlol, on 23 August 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

45 minutes in
warning: hilde with very loud mic, watch out headphone users
http://www.twitch.tv...lde/b/449831450

Edited by ROKMODE, 23 August 2013 - 05:42 AM.

Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#27 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

View PostROKMODE, on 23 August 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

45 minutes in
warning: hilde with very loud mic, watch out headphone users
http://www.twitch.tv...lde/b/449831450

ty sir, +rep
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#28 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

YT video with corrected audio is uploading but it will take at least 3 hours. Upload is 6 Gigabyte.

#29 Guest_Abolished4431_*

Guest_Abolished4431_*

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

You only missed them dodging 100 questions don't worry.

#30 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

About the dodging of the regionals question. GC wrote the following on Twitter

"We knew our answer on that would be disappointing but truth is we were in the middle of discussing it."
Source: https://twitter.com/...696146538090496

#31 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Listen again to the tone of voice of their answer. Hotted asked later the same question, and their voice turned really awkward as well compared to all other questions. To me it sounds as if they were really disappointed/even pissed, wanted to say what it was really about but had to shut up for the company.

#32 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

I agree. They could not say something that was not decided internally. We could have asked the same question over and over they could not answer it. But at least they are aware that the community wants this question answered and I expect a news about that not too long from now.

#33 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 23 August 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

We could have asked the same question over and over they could not answer it.

Ye ofc, nothing more annoying than an interviewer who keeps asking that politician//singer/whatever the same question over and over, despite them making clear that they can't/don't want to answer it. You double checked the question and that was fine. Hell, they even began to stumble a little bit while they are usually verbally strong.
But I remember this law in Sweden creating a bit of a fuzz a few months ago. Might just be that something like this causes trouble. And on a last note, in the hotted interview they said that there are no tournament realms in the far east, which was a bit surprising to me.

#34 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Updated for ArenaLeague and linked the vod of the interview.

#35 Conyak

Conyak
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

WOW is at a crossroads just now. The only way to describe S1-S13 is the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. Gothiques nailed it when he said the PVP community have to push Blizzard to make the changes needed to improve PVP. The Starcraft community showed Blizzard how to turn SC2 into an eSports and its up to the WOW PVP community to do likewise.

Its time to separate PVE and PVP once and for all. This will let Holinka and his team tweak PVP levers in real time. Make it so that when you reach Expac max levels (70,80,85,90) on a class you open a class slot for competitive play at that level on the ATR. If people want to level in BGs instead of questing and dungeons then award gold instead of honor.

Increase base resilience for all levels to 70% and make BGs fun for all leveling players. Make only gear on the ATR usable so bye bye PVE gear in PVP and professions become irrelevant. Remove the gear grind with all max level characters given full access to their seasons gear. Award temporary weekly titles, armor skins, mounts and pets for the top 10 players by class within each region..

Implement the excellent new arena tournament UI developed by Vadrak and give shoutcasters GM tools to work with. Region wide replacing realm BGs in S14 is a major step in the right direction as it allows players world rankings by class to be determined. Start hosting weekly tournaments where the weeks top players are invited to participate for prize money.

Setting up a players council made up of top players by class by region is something long overdue.Now that most regularly livestream on Twitch this should be easier to arrange. From a design POV stop replacing active abilities with passive talents. With most modern MOBAs using 6 core abilities its time to cull WOW usable abilities down to 18 if participation is to increase.

Do the above and WOW will have a shot at becoming an eSport. Thanks Vanguards and Hildegard for hosting the interview and trying to move things forward for the PVP community.

#36 Helia

Helia
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

^  very good post.

Something I was wondering about too, completely off the interview's topic but regarding interest in tournaments.

What about rebroadcasts ?

They do this with Starcraft 2 and go even further with having viewers voting for their favorite matches and so on.

WoW lacks a hall of fame. You have to dig into YouTube and recall the name of tournament and teams to find the matches you're interested in.

We gonna see this with ArenaLeague once again... Once the tournament is over we gonna recall the name of the winner team, and... That's all. There were some good games this year at Yaspresents for instance, it's painful to find the game you liked on YouTube.

What Hilde did with "great arena moments : MLG XXXX" was a good start.

In a perfect world, YouTube VoDs would be integrated in challonge, in an awesome world, a caster alone in a studio would be presenting the context of games and interact with viewers (votes and stuff like that).

#37 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

The old WoW site had a hall of fame for all the Top 3 teams in arenas back in BC; this included 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 for every BG. I just don't even bother anymore because this game is getting old and Blizzard isn't going to keep putting time and money into it to make it any better. That's what happened to Starcraft. After it hit it's 10yr mark, they basically said they were releasing SC2 but before that it was like two years of straight patches that didn't do anything for the community. The community ended up making their own BW Servers(iCCup, Fish, Brain, the list goes on) in order to keep up with hacking issues and what the community wanted.

This is basically what is happening to WoW as well. I'm pretty sure they don't want to keep putting their amazing resources into WoW anymore and just pump out a better MMORPG with most likely with a better PvP system in place. I think the only thing we as a community can do is ask for class balance till we see something new. We're already coming up to the 10yr mark of WoW and "The game was released on November 23, 2004, on the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft." It seems to me that the next "Expansion" is probably going to be the new MMORPG they've been raving about.

One can only wish.

Edited by AcerMVP, 23 August 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#38 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

1.) Amazing Post by Conyak

2.) Don't agree with AcerMVP less money put into WoW. They constantly add huge new features. This patch alone adds Proving Grounds, a new zone, a new raid, cross realm arenas and connected realms. For SC:BW they added nothing for years, no patches at all. They talk about adding more cross-realm communication, have the new launcher etc.

#39 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

These features could of easily been implemented years ago, but just keep pushing it to make it seem like they're "updating" the game. I'm sure their business plan on WoW from ten years ago already states everything that they're doing now. This is all in order to try and keep players around. I'm sure they knew that arenas and subscriber count would be down after so many years that they would end up having to implement cross realms before it even happen, that's the point of a business plan. These are all new features for us, but could have been easily built a while back. You're a business man Hilde, think for a second. I don't think they're spending time on wow other than pumping out "patches" and tweaking class balance. All these features must have been built a while back. I don't think WoW devs would spend so much time building "new" features to a dying game and rather take their time building a complete new and better MMORPG.

Edited by AcerMVP, 23 August 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#40 discoepfeand

discoepfeand
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

OK, just listened to the interview and post-interview discussion -

1) Thanks very much for arranging this, and for trying to get questions answered.

2) The post-interview discussion was my favorite part.

3) Gothiques seems like a really smart dude.  Well, you all are, but his comments really shined imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<