• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostMewee, on 21 August 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

- Life Swap can be used pretty wicked in combination with mage alter time. If you are getting trained and are about to die and swap and he still has AT ready, ask him to use it, and he won't lose any health if he restores it by going back in time.

I wouldn't spend Alter Time into that. Everyone currently runs with Temporal Shield; You can Temporal Shield the swap and you will recieve a 120k+ hot and you'll be topped off by that only.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#22 Thesexiestt

Thesexiestt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Binding mindbender's Move To to something like caps lock and casting it on nearby hunters before they scatter and move it to eat your trap, scatter is only a 20 yard range so stay at max range if you can't afford to get scattered at that time, use guardian spirit early as it only bugs when used on a target with low up (it never bugs on yourself) probably the most important thing that no one knows is that you can mass dispel off dark bargain if you have the glyph, lightspring heals through LoS and its best to cast it under the bridge in blades edge as it heals people up above, bind holy word sanctuary into a divine hymn macro as it heals for more and then go back to serenity after, use the juked addon to track enemy cool downs, make a shadow word death arena1,2,3 macro to death a mages poly out of invisibility at the start of the game, don't play disc, always play feathers, use PoM before serenity, know that psyfiend will fear the target that is attacking you first before say an enemy healer, psyfiend can fear people in stealth or invisibility, play full spirit gems (as holy) I have 13k spirit, you can life grip a partner if you think you're going to be scatter trapped soon, circle of healing is actually good as it refreshes your mastery buff, mass dispelling your whole teams flame shocks can really help against ele sham teams, shield your psyfiend so people don't kill it

Tl;dr You can mass dispel off dark bargain with the MD glyph

#23 Mewee

Mewee
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Some good stuff being posted, keep em coming

#24 Drazziefresh

Drazziefresh
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Not sure if this still works, but when i played my priest against dk teams, i would aura mastery spirit shell once and then cast flash heal. It should counter the necrotic absorb effect
pee in her butt br0

#25 akatyrone

akatyrone
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 2388

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

say you are playing with a hunter in 2s and you want to mc the other healer into a trap but its too far away, you can lay a feather on the route you will be traveling, and while you are mc'ing the other person you can walk him through your feather for a extra speed boost to get there.

also, when you are mc'ing people off the bridge in blades edge, you can cast levitate on them before dropping the mc, this way they dont hurt their ankle when they fall off the bridge. :>

have fun guis!

#26 ijustdontknowwhattodo

ijustdontknowwhattodo
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys, I don't know if i can use this topic to ask some questions for myself but...

Im rolling a shadow priest and since ive never played the class i would like to learn some tips!

1 - When do you renew \ mending on allies, constantly, or just on you when you are going to take damage?

2 - How do you guys use devouring plague (+ Divine Insight) ? I found something about a 'fake dp', but i still need something about the best way to dps using it (2/3 stacks)

Thanks! :D

#27 Doulol

Doulol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2116
  • LocationEU

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Good topic :) I'm new at priests and that helped me a lot. thanks.

Posted Image

#28 Helia

Helia
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Great topic thanks for sharing, I really want to try the dispel MC (or deep freeze, or anything else) with MD thingy !

Another thing to notice even though it's not a trick and it's obvious when you think about it :
- Your lightwell heals friendly targets, it means it's gonna heal an opponent with low hp if you MC him in the 40yd range of lightspring.

The feeling when it happens is akward :\

"Oh f*ck I'm stupid !"

#29 Cobeliany

Cobeliany
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 672

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Sweet thread, using mindbender to eat traps is something I never thought of doing, as crappy as this game is playing priest is still a lot of fun because of all the finesse things that we can that no other class can

#30 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

1) You can spectral guise right the moment they scatter you and your shadow will eat the trap. Similarly if you get rooted, you can spectral guise and your shadow will eat the trap again.

2) This is mainly for 3v3, make a macro like
/cast [@arena1] Shadow Word: Death
and bind it.

Before the game starts, set it to the arena player number of the mage or the hunter or possibly holy priest depending on what you face.
Say hunter is second on arena frames, set it to @arena2.
Not only this will save you binding sw: d on arena1-2-3, it will also allow you to use swd on targets that just dropped from your focus frame through invis effects.

3) When you are under pressure against a warlock team and you can not afford dispelling a fear off your team mate due to UA silence, use inner focus, dispel UA , you will not get silenced and heal him.

#31 Mewee

Mewee
  • Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Another useful thing:

- If you glyph fear ward in the starting area and cast fearward, it will have a 2 minute cooldown and 2 minute duration. Then simply replace the glyph again with something useful, and you get a 1 minute reduced cooldown on your first Ward. Can be very useful against priest teams allowing you to ward again around 40s into the game without sacrificing a glyph slot.

#32 realgar

realgar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1572

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostMewee, on 25 August 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Another useful thing:

- If you glyph fear ward in the starting area and cast fearward, it will have a 2 minute cooldown and 2 minute duration. Then simply replace the glyph again with something useful, and you get a 1 minute reduced cooldown on your first Ward. Can be very useful against priest teams allowing you to ward again around 40s into the game without sacrificing a glyph slot.

Nice, I never even thought to try that.  Also if you're going for a fear with feather and spectral, don't just take a feather and go, but also drop one beforehand on the path that you can use to get back to the pillar faster.

#33 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/1/1

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 25 August 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

1) You can spectral guise right the moment they scatter you and your shadow will eat the trap. Similarly if you get rooted, you can spectral guise and your shadow will eat the trap again.

As I mentioned, to guise a scatter->trap you need to preshield. Scatter does some dmg, so without any absorb, your guise will break from scatter damage and the shadow will despawn before the trap.

View PostMewee, on 25 August 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Another useful thing:

The fearward glyph bug was fixed. Do not use this trick. If you do this, when the gates open, you will lose your fear ward and not have another till the next time it is off cd. This used to be a good trick but was fixed many months ago.
Youtube:  Youtube.com/LytningPvP
Live Stream:  Twitch.tv/LytningPvP
Twitter:  Twitter.com/LytningPvP

Posted Image

#34 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostLytning, on 26 August 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

As I mentioned, to guise a scatter->trap you need to preshield. Scatter does some dmg, so without any absorb, your guise will break from scatter damage and the shadow will despawn before the trap.

You still get the invis and shadow eats trap.

#35 Flyhigh

Flyhigh
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1125
  • LocationHungary

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

The fearward glyph bug was fixed. Do not use this trick. If you do this, when the gates open, you will lose your fear ward and not have another till the next time it is off cd. This used to be a good trick but was fixed many months ago.

It worked for me about 4 hours ago. O.o Are you sure they fixed it?

#36 Mewee

Mewee
  • Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Still works for me.

#37 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Great idea for a thread theme people should make more of these there alot of ability that r bugged or gimmick that people should know of

Bugged  1.Hunter mark sometimes landing after vanish cuz its apllied by hunter abilitys now
              2. After you heroic leap and follow up with a charge it gets bugged puts the stun debuff on target but you don't move from where u landed

Gimmick 1.IF you Pom before alter time (until patch) youll have another pom after your alter time is up
               2.Lichbourn makes immune to not only to fear/Charm but saps sheep and hexs aswell
               3.you can blind out of stealth and  stealth wont break

#38 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Great thread, one can always learn something. :) (have to try out that symbiosis fear deathing! also love the MC jump over a trap / ring)
Some minor things wich I didn't see mentioned yet:
- Void tendril placement is affected by lag. If you use it while running, especially with movement speed increase buffs the tedrils will be placed behind you, making catching up people harder / being able to root them from much farther.
- Inner Focus makes you immune to dispel mechanics so using Inner Focus while BoP'd makes Blessing of Protection undispellable.
- Body and Soul speed inc does not apply if the target has Stampede / Tiger's Lust / Blazing Speed up. Making a /cancelaura macro for shielding yourself will allow the Body n Soul buff to apply. Body and Soul does stack with Burst of speed (if I remember correctly).
- Somewhat a basic thing: you cannot lifegrip rooted targets (unless you glyph it) but you can grip them while stunned (this applies to death grip too).

#39 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

oh boy

following this thread :D

#40 Fatbelly

Fatbelly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1873
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 2293
  • RBG: 1816

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

I don't think anyone has said this but it is very useful to place your psyfiend on top of where your healer/other dps is standing in order to save grip or your healer/teammate/self from being trapped.

Edit: As shadow.

Edited by Fatbelly, 03 September 2013 - 09:42 PM.

www.twitch.tv/fatbellyx/old

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<