• US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostSyncrow, on 20 August 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

The key word is "Chi Brew"! You can get 4-6 stacks in 1 global! And Chi Brew can also trigger the mastery proc, if blizzard doesn't changed it!

I actually forgot about chi brew lol, ive been playing with ascension 100% of the time on ptr, but I had no idea that the chi brew stacks could proc mastery, so I might go play with it on ptr for a bit :D

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostRinsletify, on 19 August 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

I know that I keep repeating myself, but if WW monks were really that good then why are there 3-6 times more wars, retris, ferals, unholies and rogues? I don't want to hear an excuse like "it's a new class". DKs during WOTLK proved that that's not a valid reason. Not to mention that the monk representation at lower ratings is better than at higher ratings (though it's still poor).

Except that you could roll a DK starting at level 50 when the cap was 80.  1-90 on Monk is way more of a time sink, so you're really comparing apples and oranges here.

#23 Rinsletify

Rinsletify
  • Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'll admit that the DR on paralysis may be a good reason, but there are other classes that play just fine together even when they rely more on CC than monks and share DRs (Shadowplay etc.).
As for getting some quick brew stacks - Even if people go with Chi Brew (I still have my doubts about it, we'll see), its uses would primarily be during burst to prolong it and secure a kill after cds. All of these reasons are too uncertain before live, so we'll just wait and see.
Finally, as for leveling monks, the leveling time between 50-80 back in the days is probably only slightly shorter than 1-90 today, especially with looms and monk buffs. And lets not forgot that plenty of people actually play monks. They just get stuck at lower rating, which is more or less the issue here.

#24 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Let's be honest, MW is okay but it's still the worst healer.  Really good undead MWs with glad teams are getting glad spots with LSMonk but that won't happen next patch with gate nerf + ele nerf.  Xuen and chi brew will help a little.  There are maybe 3 comps we can play and LSD1 is currently the only glad-viable one.

#25 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 3v3: 2182
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostShridevi, on 20 August 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Let's be honest, MW is okay but it's still the worst healer.  Really good undead MWs with glad teams are getting glad spots with LSMonk but that won't happen next patch with gate nerf + ele nerf.  Xuen and chi brew will help a little.  There are maybe 3 comps we can play and LSD1 is currently the only glad-viable one.

Pretty much MW is crap, and on top of it no one wants to play with them. The only ones that are remotely successful (In glad range) are running 1 comp or a variation of it and are horde and undead...gg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monk, balance, suggestions, problems, class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<