Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Slammed down - Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17314


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Drevi

Drevi
  • Members
  • Posts: 176

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postkagan, on 22 August 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

i agree, but i use op more, because i dont use hamstring, i use hindering strikes as a slow, so overall my rage is lower than some wars.

Then crit is even more useful to you, as the extra rage from MS/CS crits will allow more HS usage.

#22 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 484
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

View Postkagan, on 22 August 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

i agree, but i use op more, because i dont use hamstring, i use hindering strikes as a slow, so overall my rage is lower than some wars.

So wouldn't that reinforce the point even more to use crit over str? since again ms crits = more rage to sustain expensive HS snares?

#23 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1008
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/1/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 2063
  • 3v3: 2762
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

View PostDrevi, on 22 August 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

Then crit is even more useful to you, as the extra rage from MS/CS crits will allow more HS usage.
Hamstring cost 7 rage and is off the GCD.

Should probably get used to using it sooner rather then later
Posted Image

#24 Drevi

Drevi
  • Members
  • Posts: 176

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostSpeedymart, on 27 August 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

Hamstring cost 7 rage and is off the GCD.

Should probably get used to using it sooner rather then later


Yup. I was just trying to explain why crit is so good, and still will be I guess.

#25 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1008
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/1/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 2063
  • 3v3: 2762
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

View PostDrevi, on 27 August 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Yup. I was just trying to explain why crit is so good, and still will be I guess.
I've been running str/crit gems and reforging completely to haste. I frequently find myself with a full rage bar without even knowing it. Heroic strike hits like shit, so that rage really doesn't mean much other then more slams
Posted Image

#26 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1616
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostSpeedymart, on 27 August 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

I've been running str/crit gems and reforging completely to haste. I frequently find myself with a full rage bar without even knowing it. Heroic strike hits like shit, so that rage really doesn't mean much other then more slams

I'v been using full critt gemming and reforging haste, i really like the hast reforging. I will have to try putting some str in the gems as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#27 Acrimonger

Acrimonger
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 1
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1731

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Even the tuned numbers on the PTR now I think provide enough of a buff to make a difference.

Beyond the damage, 5.4 feels much smoother: hamstring multiple players at a time, using defensives and stance dancing, etc.

5.3 feels clunky when you attempt to transition from offense->defense, or pressure->utility whereas 5.4 has a much smoother flow.

Edited by Acrimonger, 02 September 2013 - 05:15 PM.


#28 xFisticuffs

xFisticuffs
  • Members
  • Posts: 2

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostEvilcow, on 22 August 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Only in BStance, if you sit in DStance alot crit is the only way to go for rage gen...

I thought Warriors stance danced and anticipated damage/cc to switch to D-stance. My bad.

It's kind of a pain that you can't change it while stunned, but as a Resto Shaman player I'm quite used to not being able to do shit while stunned as my counterparts retain options, haha.

Regarding STR or Crit gems, I love Orange gems atm. Probably will proceed to next patch, only time can tell. I do stick a big ol' red STR gem in my Prismatic sockets though.

#29 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 364
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostxFisticuffs, on 09 September 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I thought Warriors stance danced and anticipated damage/cc to switch to D-stance. My bad.

Doesn't change the fact that haste and STR do nothing for rage regen if you'r in DStance.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<